Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > CASE 39
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dying a Mysterious Death @ the BO??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying a Mysterious Death @ the BO??
    Posted: September 24 2010 at 1:55pm
ANOTHER CASE of "a MOVIE SO GOOD THEY RE-SCHEDULED ITs RELEASE MULTIPLE TIMES," CASE 39 WAS ACTUALLY SHOT in 2006, FINALLY REACHING SCREENS HERE in the U.S. ABOUT 4 YEARS AFTER IT WAS FIRST "IN the CAN."  IN the MEANTIME, IT HAD ALREADY BEEN "PRE-RELEASED" in SEVERAL FOREIGN COUNTRIES, to LESS-THAN-STERLLAR RESULTS (B.O. MoJo LINK)...

STARRING OSCAR WINNER-for-a-MOVIE-NOBODY-SAW RENEE ZELLWEGER and 2009 WORST SCREEN COUPLE "CO-WINNER" BRADLEY COOPER, THIS LITTLE GEM of a HORROR MOVIE (OR IS THAT "GERM of a HORRIBLE MOVIE"??) FOCUSES on a SOCIAL WORKER WHOSE YOUNG CHARGE SEEMS to BE the CAUSE of MULTIPLE ACCIDENTS, MURDERS and "UNEXPLAINED DEATHS." AS the PLOT SICKENS, RENEE and BRADLEY OH-SO-SLOWLY BEGIN to REALIZE the CHILD IS SOMEHOW CURSED...

SPEAKING of CURSED, CASE 39 FOLLOWED in the FOOTSTEPS of MOST EVERY OTHER LONG-DELAYED MOVIE RELEASE, FINDING FAVOR with NEITHER MOVIE CRITICS NOR MOVIE-GOERS. AND THAT MAY BE the SCARIEST THING ABOUT the WHOLE PROJECT...

RENEE: "Talk about blatant product placement... 
do you suppose Paramount was paid to have me 
demonstrate what a great hand-drier a Volvo 
tailpipe makes??"  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 3:17pm
When the trailer for this showed before Devil, I heard someone say, "This (referring to Case 39) will probably be better than Devil." I was rolling my eyes, but I could see why. The trailer actually makes the movie look good, but that just shows people can make a bad movie look good through slick editing.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 3:33pm
One of the attempts to kill the cursed girl involves trying to bake her in an oven! Alas, I imagine Let Me In will also get a forum here.
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 5:41pm
STARRING....2009 WORST SCREEN COUPLE "CO-WINNER" BRADLEY COOPER, THIS LITTLE GEM of a HORROR MOVIE (OR IS THAT "GERM of a HORRIBLE MOVIE"??)

I'm glad you guys finally fessed up and recognized "The Hangover".
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 7:30pm
I must be Nobody.  I saw Cold Mountain at least 6 times.  I loved the part where Zellweger tears the head off that damn rooster. . . .
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 8:16pm

Note to Renee Zellweger: Did you learn nothing from your earlier movie "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (#4, I believe)?  

Stay away from rom/coms, horror, and other genres. Stick with the period pieces and dramas!

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 11:31pm

One word to describe this 'Case' no. 39:

Tragic... no wait DISASTROUS... NO WAIT - CINEMATIC ARMAGEDDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *nuclear explosion in the background*
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 8:36am
Let Me In won't also get a forum here. It currently has a 100% on RT and is second to The Social Network as being the best-reviewed film of the year. Don't underestimate Matt Reeves and his greatness nor Chloe Moretz. Many critics have said it was even better than the original film!  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 9:05am
Yes, 100% ... based on all of 12 to 15 reviews for each of them!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 9:08am
A review of this movie (spoilers, if you really care):  

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/phelous/27836-phelous-case-39

Doesn't look Razz-able, but still seems like a stupid movie with an overuse of jump scares and an annoying child actress...
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 10:29am
Yes, because having 12 to 15 straight rave reviews aren't a clear indication at all. LOL Remember, BHB, you were wrong about Easy A.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Yes, 100% ... based on all of 12 to 15 reviews for each of them!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 1:10pm
If there's one thing to suggest the reviews will be as bad as HeadRAZZ and Mr. Burn think they'll be, it's that it was shot in 2006, but got delayed a release in America for 4 years.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 2:16pm
Oh right, like the two dozen times you've declared movies as "not that bad" when they get 3 to 10 good reviews on a Monday ... only to see them to get 100 bad reviews by Saturday. Wink
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 3:12pm
When did that ever happen?  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 5:18pm
Okay, MWG, do yourself a favor: Go back and check all your past posts in which you jumped in claiming "oh no, according to RT, it's at 100% (based on 3 to 10 reviews)", then actually check those movies in question to see what rating they have now. Then get back to us about how declaring a movie is good based on 3 to 12 reviews is a good idea, anywhere but in the alternate reality you seem to live in... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 5:46pm
Give me specifics, BHB. You know I can't work with "go look back at..." 

Here's how my logic works: If there are 10 critics giving a "perfect" score to a certain movie, you can see a pattern going on. Thus, basing on consistency, you can make an educated guess that most critics will like the movie...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sorry, MWG, I've gotta side with BHB on this one -- It is actually quite common for favorable early reviews on a movie at RT to be misleading as to the film's final score. I suspect this is because early reviews at RT tend to come from "Internet Critics" who have less stringent standards of criticism than "mainstream media" reviewers. The reverse, however -- early reviews being negative and the eventual score moving upward -- is truly rare. In the end, BHB's point about waiting 'till a certain number of crix have chimed in before making a guess as to a film's quality, makes sense to me...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>