Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > CASE 39
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dying a Mysterious Death @ the BO??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying a Mysterious Death @ the BO??
    Posted: September 27 2010 at 9:08pm
If you did suggest Hot Fuzz, it must have been a really long time ago. I've seen it. I liked Shaun of the Dead better, though...  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2010 at 3:43pm
Try watching "This Film Is Not Yet Rated". You might learn something about the movie business... 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: BHB is referring to a documentary about how the movie rating system works. It's actually quite good. Here's an IMDb LINK for more info on NOT YET RATED (R.T. LINK)... 

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2010 at 7:17pm
I don't know what point you're trying to make, but I've already seen that like 2 years ago. My point is that every film you have mentioned, I have already seen. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2010 at 7:32pm
Really, every movie I listed ... all TWO of them? In the 100+ years of filmmaking, you have seen every movie ever made? Try harder. Go to Netflix, search for something you never saw or heard of and rent/watch that. Hell, watch some TCM and compare it to modern movies if you like. It's better than pissing your time and money away on anything listed on the Forums (unless you're a voting RAZZIE member).  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 7:45am

"Will this die a mysterious death at the BO?"  My answer is, "Yes!"  It opens competing against two movies that look much more interesting ('The Social Network' and 'Let Me In') and in the midst of all that, I predict it will be ignored...  

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 7:10pm
I'm thinking the answer to the question below is "No!"  I mean, there's not going to be any mystery as to why Case 39 dies at the box office, is there? . . . Wink  

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

"Will this die a mysterious death at the BO?"  

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 9:30pm
So basically you're saying "death at the Box Office"-- yes..."mystery,"-- no?  

I need to check the reviews again, but I doubt they've improved.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2010 at 7:41am
There's no mystery about IF this movie will bomb ... just about HOW badly!
CobraSwamp View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote CobraSwamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 4:42am
If I was MovieWizGuy, I'd wait for the reviews to come in before I said, "This movie is good!" "R.T says X has a/an Y approval rating." "It looks good!" Etc. Etc. 

P.S: I was dragged to Clash Of The Titans, when there were better movies to see. But my brother said it was decent! (Sorry, Off Topic, in order to prove I am not MWG material! Also sorry, I'm not a good speller!) 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not to worry about the spelling stuff -- I regularly pop by to edit Forum posts and clean up such things. As for your brother saying the recent remake of CLASH OF THE TITANS was "decent," I would guess most of our Forum members would disagree with his assessment, and endorse yours -- Here's a LINK to our End-of-Summer Forum POLL regarding the Worst Movies Released in 2010...So Far. You'll notice that CLASH is one of the bigger vote-getting titles listed... 

YES, I'm a Cobra, and YES, I take a BITE outta movies!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 9:04am
Oh, wow. It's not a surprise Case 39 bombed this weekend but the bigger surprise is that Let Me In did too. That's really sad considering the film was fantastic. It looks like misleading marketing led to its end.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 2:55pm

Yo, CobraSwamp, your suggestion (see below) would require using logic, and poor MWG doesn't believe in such things. He would rather go on blind faith and hope the movie is good just because he WANTS it will be...  

Originally posted by CobraSwamp

If was MovieWizGuy, I'd wait for the reviews to come in before I said, "This movie is good!" "R.T says X has a/an approval rating." "It looks good!" Etc. Etc.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 3:04pm
I'm not at all surprised Case 39 bombed this weekend, considering everyone and their brother was drooling at the mouth to see "The Social Network" of course it was going to blow everyone else away. No one is going to see horror movies until Halloween.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 5:52pm
BHB: Too bad Let Me In isn't a horror movie.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I'm not at all surprised, considering everyone and their brother was drooling at the mouth to see "The Social Network", of course it was going to blow everyone else away. No one is going to see horror movies until Halloween.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 6:54pm
OK - Thriller, whatever. 

Point is, teenagers would rather pay money to see a melodramatic take on how their favorite social website was created.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 7:04pm
I'm surprised Social Network isn't breaking box office records, considering Facebook has like 500 billion users.  
CobraSwamp View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote CobraSwamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2010 at 2:19am
You're right, HeadRazz, Titans is a big vote-getter in the Forum Poll (LINK)! But the movie getting the most votes is Last Airbender

In fact, I predict you are going to make a Forum for Yogi Bear, the 3-D movie Christmas movie! *CoughResidentEvil:ExtinctionGotIt'sOwnPageCough*
YES, I'm a Cobra, and YES, I take a BITE outta movies!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>