Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > ANGELS & DEMONS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Discussion of ANGELS & DEMONS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Discussion of ANGELS & DEMONS
    Posted: April 24 2009 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by moorlock2003

Originally posted by sportsartist24

Though after that RAZZIE nod, Howard did made a comeback with Frost/Nixon, which is already out on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Comeback to what? I can't imagine a more unappealing movie to watch; an actor trying to portray that bully Richard Nixon. After having to endure 8 too-real years of those a#$holes Dick 'n the Bush, why would anyone want to shell out $11 to watch a fake Dick?

From what I hear, people shell out way more then $11 for fake dick... But, I that's neither here no there. Who wouldn't want to see the guy who played ing Skeletor in that horrific Dolph Lundgren Master's of the Universe playing Richard Nixon. All you have to do is picture him saying "I'll get you, Frost" in Skeletor's voice every time he opens his mouth... (cartoon Skeletor, not Frank Langella Skeletor)... or, in your mind, substitute The Grimace (from the old McDonald's commercials) in the Nixon Role. It can do wonders for just about any movie. It sure as hell helped me with The Day the Earth Stood Still! (sorry, had to pimp out that comic. I have to say, that huy in the first panel looks awfully familiar.)
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 7:12pm
Frost/Nixon was actually pretty good. I really don't think they tried to portray Nixon as anything other than what he was.

*SPOILER ALERT...?*

Throughout the movie, you get to see Frost's adaptation and evolution to Nixon's defenses. It's really a good insight on how one should interpret politispeak, especially for journalists.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Frost/Nixon was actually pretty good. I really don't think they tried to portray Nixon as anything other than what he was.

*SPOILER ALERT...?*

Throughout the movie, you get to see Frost's adaptation and evolution to Nixon's defenses. It's really a good insight on how one should interpret politispeak, especially for journalists.

It is one of the many movies that are on my pile of movies I need to watch.... Been a damned busy week for me, haven't been able to watch it yet.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

It is one of the many movies that are on my pile of movies I need to watch.... Been a damned busy week for me, haven't been able to watch it yet.

I wouldn't call it a MUST see, but a should see.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 4:14am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

I wouldn't call it a MUST see, but a should see.

Since it is a Already own, It is part of my MUST see collection.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12