Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > THE BREAK-UP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Discussion of BREAK-UP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Discussion of BREAK-UP
    Posted: May 22 2006 at 5:37am
THE BREAK-UP, which stars Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn, is one of the films coming out in theaters this summer. I think it could be a Razzie contender: The director is Peyton Reed, whose past work includes BRING IT ON and the flop DOWN WITH LOVE. It will be released nationwide on June 2.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 11:41pm
Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn fall in love... wow! Who racked their brains out to come up with that script?
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 2:39am
Actually, the plot for this movie is about a couple, in which Aniston and Vaughn break up, but refuse to leave their condo. Think of this as MR. AND MRS. SMITH, but without any violence (and without Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie). THE BREAK-UP is supposedly more of a romantic-comedy...
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 6:21am

Actually, THE BREAK-UP looks to me more like a re-working (read: rip-off) of the 1989 Micheal Douglas/Kathleen Turner bomb WAR OF THE ROSES.

It wasn't all that funny then, who nose if it'll be all that funny now...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 4:27pm
I wonder who is playing the Danny DeVito role?
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 5:24am

From the trailer, it looks like Jason Bateman (from TV's brilliant-but-low-rated ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT) is playing the lawyer/DeVito role. Here's a LINK to the page on IMDb for BREAK-UP, with a complete cast list (frustratingly listed in alphabetical, not billing, order).

Also, from watching the trailers, I gotta say, this one actually looks like it could be kinda funny (i.e. not necessarily a Razzie contender). And if the relationship that developed between Vaughn and Aniston while this was shooting comes across on film, it actually could be a sizable box office hit...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 5:27am
Plus it has Vincent D'Onofrio, who is good in pretty much anything.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 5:32am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

From the trailer, it looks like Jason Bateman (from TV's brilliant-but-low-rated ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT) is playing the lawyer/DeVito role.

Also, from watching the trailers, I gotta say, this one actually looks like it could be kinda funny (i.e. not necessarily a Razzie contender). And if the relationship that developed between Vaughn and Aniston while this was shooting comes across on film, it actually could be a sizable box office hit...

Like Mr. and Mrs. Smith did? It got mixed reviews from critics, but went on to make over $185 Million at the B.O. But Brad Pitt was dumb to go after Angelina Jolie, and not tell Jennifer Aniston about it...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 5:37am
Guess who else is in this movie (according to its IMDb Listing)? Past Razzie nominee Ann-Margret (1992-Worst Supporting Actress, NEWSIES). However, this movie may not be that bad. When I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I didn't think it was that bad, but it was pretty weak. Just realized-- Vince Vaughn was also in that!
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 10:07pm

Originally posted by sportsartist24

But Brad Pitt was dumb to go after Angelina Jolie, and not tell Jennifer Aniston about it...

Brad Pitt has slept with just about every female co-star he's worked with? How could Jennifer Aniston have been surprised?

Brad's notches: Robin Givens (head of the class tv show), Juliet Lewis (Kalifornia), Julia Ormond (Legends of the Fall), Gwyneth Paltrow (Se7en, but Gwyneth sleeps with anyone who's on the A-list) and now Brangelina are going to create the worlds most beautiful human being ever... Michael Bay could make a sci-fi movie about trying to genetically create people from Brangelina's DNA.

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 2:09am
Don't forget, Brad Pitt also made out with Julia Roberts in THE MEXICAN. I'm not really sure if they ever "slept together" in that movie. Anybody know??
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 4:04am

In response to HeadRazzBerry's comment, I'm sorry, but this film sure looks like it's gonna be a Razzie contender. If you go to http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10005561-break_up/, you'll see how many critics totally dislike this movie. It's still gonna be a B.O. hit, though, that's for sure.

Here's the film's POSTER:

To view the trailer for this film, iust click here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452594/trailers 

Response from Head RAZZberry: When I saw the numbers at Rotten Tomatoes this ayem (Over 80% slamming the film) I went ahead and added BREAK-UP to our list of Films Under Discussion. Here's the LINK to check out RAZZIE Forum entries regarding BREAK-UP...

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 11:52am
Originally posted by sportsartist24

Don't forget, Brad Pitt also made out with Julia Roberts in THE MEXICAN. I'm not really sure if they ever "slept together" in that movie. Anybody know??
Rumor has it that they had a romance which I doubt since Pitt was with Jennifer and Julia was with the regular, not famous guy. That said, don't expect Brangelina to last very long. Pitt will get tired of having sex with her after a couple of years and "fall in love" with another of his co-stars soon enough.

- Joe Queenan

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 5:43pm
Even though Brad Pitt did "romance" Catherine Zeta-Jones in Ocean's Twelve, that was only acting. Catherine is for real a married woman, and we all know who she's married to!
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2006 at 2:28am
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The most talented acting couple isn't Brad and Angelina, Vaughn and Aniston, or even Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams, it's William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman. I think both are very good.
 Post Reply Post Reply