Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > BURLESQUE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Discussion of BURLESQUE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote nyfilmfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Discussion of BURLESQUE...
    Posted: August 05 2010 at 7:00am
This is probably a bit too self-aware in its campiness to be the worst, but surely we can count on a nomination, right?!?!

Clap

Cher, you are a star! You will never look a day over 100!

Star  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Something told me when I saw a "sneak peek" of this on E.T. a few months back that it certainly had "potential" as one of ours. Now that I've seen the trailer, in which Cher looks like she belongs in the current Mummies of the World exhibit here in LA, I am looking forward to seeing it -- For all the WRONG reasons!  

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!!  

rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 7:31am
You gotta be kidding me.  I was just watching that trailer and dying!

For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
nyfilmfest View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote nyfilmfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 7:38am

Clap
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 11:27am
It's so funny watching Hollywood try to cash in with Oscar bait by copying the whole "Chicago" musical fad.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 11:49am
Since the trailer for Burlesque went up, I've been wondering about it. As I previously expected, it will either be amazing...or amazingly awful. I'm leaning towards the latter, even though I'm hoping for the best, since there hasn't been a truly good musical in several years.

In any case, I'll be 100% willing to give it "Razzie love" if it deserves to be Razz'd
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 11:05am

"You actually have doubts?"

For Your Consideration

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 11:40am
When did Stanley Tucci become THEE go-to guy for a gay male lead? He's better than this!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 12:38pm

I've seen women in their 20's and 30's from southwest Asia who look like the woman in that picture (Is that Cher?). Stanley Tucci, on the other hand, was born pretty close to the beginning of 1961, but I thought he was just a few days older than HeadRAZZBerry.

Perhaps this movie has no reasonable odds of critical success after all.

And Burn, I hate to say it, but I only liked 5 of Tucci's roles: Prizzi's Honor, The Pelican Brief, Road to Perdition, The Devil Wears Prada, and Julie & Julia.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 4:41pm
Yes, that is Cher, who is not in her 20s or 30s, nor is she from southwest Asia. Due to good genes and healthy lifestyles, Asian women just age very well. Cher has an easiler method: nip and tuck. 

Tucci was a well-known character actor for most of the 90s,but  only recently has he become more "famous".
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 3:04pm
Sometimes I think I'm an atheist.  But something as beautiful and brilliant as this proves to me that there is a God and that he really, really loves camp.   

For Your Consideration

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 3:49pm
It is nice that Cher took time off from her farewell tour that is now in it's 6th year (or so) to do this movie.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 11:37am
That poster makes the movie look less like a movie, and more like a promo about Cher passing the torch to Christina as the new ... Cher.
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 7:15pm
I dunno.  Cher is constantly reinventing herself, having hit singles in practically every decade she was working,and winning an Oscar along the way...  

Christina has had two albums that were back-to-back disappointments, with the current one failing to sell or have even one hit single.  Now she's appearing in Burlesque (compared to Cher who at this stage in her career was picking up Golden Globe and Oscar nominations for some awesome flicks like Silkwood, Mask, and Moonstruck). 

Forgive me for leaping to Cher's defense, but Christina is no Cher!  

For Your Consideration

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 5:16pm
Well, I'm just saying the poster looks like it's a passing of the torch. Now, in truth, Cher has been in the entertainment business for five decades. Christina has been famous for a little over one decade. So yeah, Christina has a long way to go before she's in Cher's league.  

rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2010 at 4:33pm
Anybody catch Cher trying to "turn back time" at the VMAs last night?  She sure seems to want the world to know Burlesque is destined for Razzie glory.

For Your Consideration

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2010 at 8:00pm
WOW! But then again, it was MTV, so no one in that age generation (14-19?) would remember that song. Hence, she thought she could get away with it. Plus, everyone was too busy trying to figure out what the f*** Lady Gaga would wear next...  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>