Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > BURLESQUE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Discussion of BURLESQUE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Discussion of BURLESQUE...
    Posted: September 30 2010 at 11:53am
Razzie-rific definition:

For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2010 at 2:15pm
Too late, rburton. YouTube taps out to copyright laws once again, even they could easily afford a small army of lawyers to defend themselves with.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2010 at 6:29am
Here's a LINK for new trailer on Burlesque --  I'm surprised you guys are hating on it so much. It looks entertaining as hell, and it seems to have a sense of humor! 

rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2010 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Here's a LINK for new trailer on Burlesque --  I'm surprised you guys are hating on it so much. It looks entertaining as hell, and it seems to have a sense of humor! 

I, for one, am not hating one bit!  I'm sure it will be delightfully dreadful in the tradition of Showgirls and Glitter.  But as Glitter proved, all that glitters is not gold.
For Your Consideration

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2010 at 4:11pm

rburton! The chance of Burlesque being in the bottom 3 films for this year is approximately 3,720 to 1!

Something tells me this film might receive about 2 or 3 RAZZIE nominations for the year, but I doubt it'll go beyond that.
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2010 at 7:46pm
GTAHater767 - Burlesque accepts your challenge.  If Showgirls + Glitter can't get a boatload of Razzie nominations, I don't know what can! (Except M. Night Shyamalan. That can.) 

For Your Consideration

JR1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 7:59am
I'd be surprised if this movie does well or gets decent reviews. it just screams Razzie (even though Cher is in it).

I'd imagine that even the legions of gay fans who will see the movie won't make it a hit.
Anuss View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Anuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 5:58pm
Once again... I'm pretty sure it won't be a flop.  

Look at the first reviews:  

http://itsjustmovies.com/12699
http://www.examiner.com/movie-in-boston/burlesque-cher-and-christina-aguilera-shine

Christina's acting is praised ;) 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 8:26pm
Yeah, it's going to be hard for "Burlesque" to top "Airbender,"  a movie that has only 7% positive reviews at RT!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
JR1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 2:14pm
The Examiner review is hardly a notable outlet. Let's wait for the reviews from the major outlets- and, of course, its percentage of favorable ratings at Rotten Tomatoes. Unsurprisingly, there's no mention of the movie in any of the major categories for Entertainment Weekly's Oscar predictions.

I read that box office trackers are predicting a five-day take of $20 million. Which, I guess, would be middling. it'scertaionly not going to be in contention for No. 1, with Harry Potter opening five days prior, and Disney's Tangled and other movies in the mix.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 2:19pm
I predict "Harry Potter" will destory everything until "Tron: 28 Years Later" comes out.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 9:09am
Ronni Chasen, publicist for Diane Warren who wrote the ballad "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" for Burlesque, was gunned down after leaving an party after the premiere of Burlesque.  Chasen apparently did PR for Driving Miss Daisy and On Golden Pond, and has lately represented artists who composed music for films.  She was reputed for being able to create Oscar buzz for her clients.  Reports say she was shot five times when her Mercedes Benz was shot at, and her car crashed into a light pole at Sunset and Whittier.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 12:55pm
Damn! Talk about bad luck!  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 4:49pm
That's not funny,Burn.

R.I.P.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 5:06pm
It wasn't meant to be funny.
JR1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 5:41pm
The Hollywood Reporter and Variety reviews are out- HR gave it a great review, and Variety said the musical numbers are enjoyable, but once there's no music, it gets icky (I'm paraphrasing).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12