Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE EXPENDABLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Discussion of EXPENDABLES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Discussion of EXPENDABLES...
    Posted: March 22 2010 at 10:43am
Until you see all their names stacked one atop another like so many wrecked careers in a junkyard, you may not believe this many lousy actors could be lined up for a single film. But here's a LINK to R.T. to see a 13-Image Slide Show that confirms someone has put together The RAZZIE® Dream Team Movie of All Time: THE EXPENDABLES

All we can say is...WOW!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 11:34am
Wow indeed! I have a feeling this movie is going to break all the records set by the likes of "Battlefield Earth," "Showgirls" and "I Know Who Killed Me." You might even need to create 10 more catagories just to give MORE awards to this movie! 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2010 at 6:21am
Eh, I don't see Awnold in there. Too busy governing, I guess.

I'm going to go out on a limb, though, and bet that this movie won't be as bad as it certainly has the potential to be  . . . and since when has Rourke been considered a lousy actor?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: FYI, Ah-Nuld apparently has a brief "cameo" in EXPENDABLES -- And Mickey Rourke, lest we forget, starred in the execrable 9-1/2 WEEKS, YEAR OF THE DRAGON and HARLEY DAVIDSON & THE MARLBORO MAN, as well as being Worst Actor nominee for the combo of WILD ORCHID and the ludicrous remake of DESPERATE HOURS in 1990 (IMDb LINK)...  
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2010 at 9:36am
Here's an RT LINK to check out the just-released TRAILER for what looks like one of 2010's RAZZIE® Essentials: THE EXPENDABLES, whose cast includes almost every RAZZIE® "winning" Worst Actor from our first two decades -- As well as the RAZZIE-Ready dialogue exchange: 

"What's wrong with this picture?"  

"EVERYTHING!" 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2010 at 1:27pm
Well, that's gotta be a shoo-in for a Razzie sweep! 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2010 at 8:11pm
This includes "guest appearances" by Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger, along with so many action movie co-stars, the list is eye-popping.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yes, this movie almost looks like it was MADE for the purpose of sweeping The 31st Annual RAZZIES!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2010 at 8:27pm
I'm sure it's being looked at as the shoo-in to sweep next year's awards!
Balboa6 View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Balboa6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2010 at 5:49pm
Of course. Because it's not an independent art house film filled with overly sentimental, self indulgent pseudo-intellectual characters preaching about their political ideologies, it's just so terrible! Believe it or not, action films are not always shallow--in fact I'd say most are not-- they merely sometimes have simplistic plots and are straight forward, but that in no way renders the stories meaningless or sub-par. This will be a fantastic movie with a strong story and a fast paced plot, but of course the painfully ignorant fools who CHOOSE to rag on anything Stallone does will bash this film, but it doesn't matter what the man does. He could act in a film directed by Clint Eastwood and co-star alongside the hottest A-list actors in the business and people would still bitch and moan. 

Either way, The Razzies are a joke and I have yet to hear or read any explanations behind their negativity toward Stallone that make the slightest bit of sense. All my life I have been a fan and I have yet to come across one thing you and your awards have said that doesn't include lies, exaggerations, and generalizations. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Okay, here's a generalization that ought to really get you going: 93% of everything Stallone has ever done (as an actor, writer and director) has centered on mindless violence, monosyllabic dialogue and an extreme emphasis on explosions over actual exposition or believable characters... 

Also, has it occurred to you that if anyone but yourself and a handful of other rabid action movie fans agreed with you about Stallone's career and our attitude toward him, the media and general public would have lost interest in us years ago? Instead, traffic to our site jumped about 3400% when "winners" of this year's Gala 30th Annual RAZZIES® were announced in early March of this year...  

Balboa6 View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Balboa6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2010 at 5:57pm
LOL! Wow, you people are truly delusional. You really believe The Razzies have credibility, don't you? Get it through your thick skulls, people: The Razzies are a joke and your so called "opinions" are uninformed and based upon nothing more than exaggerated generalizations. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and are incapable of presenting valid arguments. Give it up already. You're done.  Nobody takes you seriously. It's really sad. If you need so much attention and have to rag on Stallone for fabricated reasons in order to get it, you have a serious problem in life. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Exactly where did you get the idea that the RAZZIES® want to be taken seriously?!?!? We've never suggested we took our awards (or ourselves) with even a modicum of seriousness. In other words, yes, the RAZZIES® ARE a joke...DUH!  

If you come at us with no understanding of that basic fact, then I would argue that anything and everything you have to say is invalid and irrelevant...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2010 at 6:19pm
Okay. #1 We MIGHT respect Stallone if he did star in an Eastwood-directed movie alongside a bunch of A-list stars. At least then he wouldn't be writing or directing the movie, which he has proven he's not good at (outside of Rocky/Rambo). And he would have the rest of the cast to carry him throughout the movie, rather than being around a bunch of other action stars whose acting skills are either equal to, or less than, his own.

And #2. If you don't like the Razzies, then simply DON'T POST HERE. Nothing you say will change our opinion of Stallone, and you're just setting yourself up to be knocked down.  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2010 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Balboa6

LOL! Wow, you people are truly delusional. You really believe The Razzies have credibility, don't you? Get it through your thick skulls, people: The Razzies are a joke and your so called "opinions" are uninformed and based upon nothing more than exaggerated generalizations. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and are incapable of presenting valid arguments. Give it up already. You're done.  Nobody takes you seriously. It's really sad. If you need so much attention and have to rag on Stallone for fabricated reasons in order to get it, you have a serious problem in life. 
Are the Razzies a creditable award? Not really. They are pretty much on par with all the other public vote awards (People's/Kids'/Teens' Choice, MTV Movie Awards, etc.). The main difference is that the Razzies are the ONLY public vote award show that tells it like it is. They razz Hollywood for being full of unwatchable, talentless s***, rather than celebrate their lackluster product like the other award shows do.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2010 at 10:40pm

This film is not guaranteed to sweep the Razzies because it's competing against other baddies like The Bounty Hunter, Sex and the City 2, The Karate Kid, and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2010 at 10:10am
Ah, but look at the track record of anything starring Stallone and the Razzies! He attracts Razzies like a moth to a flame... 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And I just saw in the L.A. Times that Stallone also is directing it. As yer Founder and Head RAZZberry, I gotta disagree with BHB -- EXPENDABLES looks to be about as Surefire a 31st RAZZIE® Awards contender as we've got at this point in the year...
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 9:09pm
Balboa, I am reaching the point where I truly feel sorry for you. Evidently, you don't read many of the posts here...even those of them that have been directed specifically to you. 

I'm pretty sure that I have told YOU very directly in the past that, in point of fact, NONE of us take this very seriously. In fact -- and I'm sure I can offer this observation with the full agreement of Head Razz -- this entire enterprise has been tongue-in-cheek from day one.  

Originally posted by Balboa6

LOL! Wow, you people are truly delusional. You really believe The Razzies have credibility, don't you?
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 11:40am

Do you really want to risk your popularity by committing your biggest cliche and not saving the awards for something worse?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 11:49am
I really doubt there will be anything worse than this movie, short of a last minute Uwe Boll or Seltzerberg production.     

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Do you really want to risk your popularity by committing your biggest cliche and not saving the awards for something worse?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>