Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE EXPENDABLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Discussion of EXPENDABLES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Discussion of EXPENDABLES...
    Posted: May 03 2010 at 6:09pm
Head Razz, this clip looks like "The B-Team" Wink
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 11:16am
More like "The Z-Team"!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
-1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote -1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:15am
Wow, Balboa6 -- you are truly delusional. You really believe these guys have credibility, don't you? Get it through your thick skull, person: Most of this cast is a joke and your so-called "opinion" is uninformed and based upon nothing more than exaggerated generalizations. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and are incapable of presenting a valid argument. Give it up already. You're done. Nobody here takes you seriously. It's really sad. If you need so much attention and have to worship Stallone for fabricated reasons in order to get it, you have a serious problem in life.Wink

The worst part is, this post is filled with valid criticisms of Balboa6 and they are all copied directly from him -- See below!LOL  

Originally posted by Balboa6

LOL! Wow, you people are truly delusional. You really believe The Razzies have credibility, don't you? Get it through your thick skulls, people: The Razzies are a joke and your so called "opinions" are uninformed and based upon nothing more than exaggerated generalizations. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and are incapable of presenting valid arguments. Give it up already. You're done.  Nobody takes you seriously. It's really sad. If you need so much attention and have to rag on Stallone for fabricated reasons in order to get it, you have a serious problem in life. 

One push is all you need.....
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 11:33am
First off, -1, welcome to the forum. Now, Balboa6, here, he's nothing to get worked up about. He just shows up every now and then, usually around the time the Razzie nods and winners are annouced, proclaiming what a great actor Stallone. We don't take him at all seriously, and neither should you. Otherwise, enjoy the forum. 

Originally posted by -1

Wow, Balboa6 -- you are truly delusional. You really believe these guys have credibility, don't you? Get it through your thick skull, person: Most of this cast is a joke and your so-called "opinion" is uninformed and based upon nothing more than exaggerated generalizations. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and are incapable of presenting a valid argument. Give it up already. You're done. Nobody here takes you seriously. It's really sad. If you need so much attention and have to worship Stallone for fabricated reasons in order to get it, you have a serious problem in life.Wink
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
-1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote -1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 1:28am
Don't worry, I was just having fun. I know not to take him seriously. Wink
One push is all you need.....
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 1:32am
hey this is very strange that you don't like the expendables movie, in fact i really love it  especially its cast and crew ! 
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 1:37am
hey this is very strange that you don't like the expendables movie, in fact i really love it  especially its cast and crew ! 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 3:42pm
The cast and crew is the reason why we hate Expendables, because they're almost all past Razzie nominees and/or "winners."
Balboa6 View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Balboa6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 5:06pm
The difference is those things don't apply to me. The reason others here have said they don't take me seriously is because I question them. I actually say something instead of acting like a mindless zombie and going with the flow, just accepting whatever criticism they decide to spew. 99.9% of the criticism is absolutely unwarranted. I'm sorry, but anyone who has even the slightest inkling that Stallone is even close to being the worst actor of all time has obviously been leading an extraordinarily sheltered life. I mean you can actually sit there, being absolutely honest and tell me with 100% sincerity that out of all of the truly horrid actors and films that exist, Stallone is the person you think of as being #1--even close to the top??? Really think about it. People consistently pigeonhole him, regardless of the fact that he actually has done a number of different types of films.  The fact of the matter is, most people can't seem to tell the difference between reality and fantasy. Most people, particularly those who run this site, for some reason can't wrap their minds around the fact that Rocky Balboa is a fictional character. Every single thing about him--the way he talks and his vocabulary, his body language, the way he carries himself, every little nuance is the result of a performance--A PERFORMANCE. In other words, it is not real. Does that compute? People think Stallone IS Rocky Balboa and that's about as absurd as saying Al Pacino IS Tony Montana. He has played a wide variety of characters, but people here don't pay attention. People always miss the point, but then turn around and give something like Scott Pilgrim V.S. The World praise. It's ludicrous. Opinions are one thing, but when people start blowing things way out of proportion, misunderstanding what something actually is, fabricating things, generalizing, etc, yes I am going to say something. Yeah, I pop up here once in a while, as opposed to every hour on the hour, because I don't LIVE on this f**king forum, unlike some of the people here. Just don't expect to not be called out when you're publicly bashing or painting a negative picture of someone which involves falsehoods.

Originally posted by -1

The worst part is, this post is filled with valid criticisms of Balboa6 and they are all copied directly from him -- See below!LOL  

Originally posted by Balboa6

LOL! Wow, you people are truly delusional. You really believe The Razzies have credibility, don't you? Get it through your thick skulls, people: The Razzies are a joke and your so called "opinions" are uninformed and based upon nothing more than exaggerated generalizations. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and are incapable of presenting valid arguments. Give it up already. You're done.  Nobody takes you seriously. It's really sad. If you need so much attention and have to rag on Stallone for fabricated reasons in order to get it, you have a serious problem in life. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 6:22pm
I for one, DO NOT think of Stallone as the worst actor ever. I think the Razzies making him a running gag has gotten tiresome and they should move on. HOWEVER, by no means is he a great actor either. As I have debated in other posts, Stallone is a pop culture icon for Rocky and Rambo, I'll give him credit for that. Sadly, the quality of the movies for both series went into downward spirals over the years. But as for him being in "different" movies, the problem is he plays the same TWO roles in those movies. He's either the lovable oaf like Rocky, or the bad-ass killing machine like Rambo. When he's not going "ah gee, ah shucks", he laying waste to everyone who gets within his line of vision. That is why he has been typecasted. Yes, "Rocky 1" was a good movie, however, did Stallone really need to milk it for FIVE more movies? Playing the same role SIX times is not going to help you NOT be typecasted. He has only himself to blame for that. As for "Scott Pilgrim", people praise it because it something they wanted: something new, something different, something fun. Yeah, Michael Cera plays the same character in every movie he plays in, but that movie had it's finger on the pulse of current day American pop culture of music, comic books, and video games, and that is why people related to it and liked it. As I have said before to other Stallone fans here, you may have your opinions of the man, some might be more for the love of the Rocky character than the love of Stallone's acting abilities, but you're not going to convince anyone here that Stallone should be considered one of the great actors of all time. Sorry, that's just not happening.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 2:04pm
I am very amused by one sentence in your post, Balboa 6. Sylvester Stallone isn't the worst actor ever, I admit, but really: "His vocabulary? Body language? Little nuance?" LOL Are we still talking about the same actor??  

I remember reading the autobiography of Rutger Hauer (a decent actor who picks bad roles). In one chapter he discribes how it was working on the set of Nighthawks with Billy Dee Williams and Stallone. It explains how Sly was a total control freak and it was his film from the start. He fired (and replaced) the first director of this film because he wouldn't give him total control of this movie. Hauer was playing an East-German terrorist and he excually wanted to do some research on how these people think, so that he could play the part with more NUANCE. Stallone wouldn't stand for it and simply wanted a movie in which he was the GOOD guy and big hero of the picture and Hauer was the BAD guy with no redeeming qualities (because a villian just couldn't have any depth).
Deepanshu View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deepanshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 8:02pm
You might even need to create 10 more catagories just to give MORE awards to this movie! 
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 11:08am
I have a feeling this movie is going to break all the records set by the likes of "Battlefield Earth," "Showgirls" and "I Know Who Killed Me."
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 6:14am
I'm going to go out on a limb, though, and bet that this movie won't be as bad as it certainly has the potential to be  . . . and since when has Rourke been considered a lousy actor?  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12