Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums on 2008 RAZZIE® "Winners" > THE HOTTIE & THE NOTTIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early DIS-cussion of HOTTIE & NOTTIE.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early DIS-cussion of HOTTIE & NOTTIE.....
    Posted: January 12 2008 at 7:47am

Originally posted by wetbandit82

I would much rather take the "Nottie" in real life, in fact, provided she has a good heart and a lot of patience. 

Which, if I'm right, "Don't be shallow" is the whole theme of the movie. 

By the way, I've been thinking more about the way this movie seems to be headed.  Although earlier I said it probably was a "good" idea done badly, I've changed my mind after thinking it through.  If I'm right, it's gonna be weak, ridiculous yet feel-good.

moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

^^Because you guys are judging it without even seen it...

That's right, we are. The movie industry displays consistent patterns when putting out films that are often suggestive of the film's quality. In this case, we have a film designed as a star-making vehicle for someone who isn't an actress, which means that the film is both an ego trip as well as being financially as opposed to artistically motivated. I may be making inferences, but when we see movies like these on their way they all too often meet our negative expectations.

Out of all the films labeled as Razzie contenders last year, only one film  (Live Free or Die Hard) managed to be any good (I admit one can strongly argue that Rocky Balboa was a good film, but I personally contend otherwise). When our judgments cease to be accurate, then you may have a point, but as it stands right now our judgments remain valid.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 2:10am
But trailers could not show what a movie is...look at Bridge to Terebithia and Bug...Terebithia wasn't as innocent as it looked oh, look at Georgia Rule and Click. You weren't expected to be depressed in Click but you did. You weren't expecting to watch some innocent comedy Lindsay Lohan is in but they're talking about child molestation and masturbation.
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 9:24am

But trailers could not show what a movie is...look at Bridge to Terebithia and Bug...Terebithia wasn't as innocent as it looked oh, look at Georgia Rule and Click. You weren't expected to be depressed in Click but you did. You weren't expecting to watch some innocent comedy Lindsay Lohan is in but they're talking about child molestation and masturbation.

Georgia Rule and Click both still turned out to be bad films, and really I was expecting Click to do exactly what it did. You're also ignoring the other factors taken into account (details already mentioned other posts) when we make these judgments, which in this case include the film's goal at propelling the acting career of someone who isn't an actress and doing so through the use of a recycled storyline. The film is here to serve the star, not the audience.

Yes there is a possibility that it could be good, but such an extremely rare instance is the exception, not the rule. As has already been pointed out, all but one of the over sixty films deemed worthy of RAZZIE contention last year turned out to fulfill the expectations of poor quality people had for it.

There are trends in the film industry that can be identified as present in a film prior to its release, and in the case this film, they're qualities that make for a bad film. In Click, one could tell it was Capra-esque and that Sandler was playing the same character he always does, and resorting to the same lowbrow humor he consistently uses. And even in Georgia Rule, which I admit I did not expect to include child molestation as a theme, the film still contained Razzable elements such as attempts at sentiment through manipulative as opposed to emotionally honest means. Also, the subject matter in Georgia Rule was handled in a comedic fashion, and they failed to make it funny. It's hard to make sexual abuse funny.
PlanB View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote PlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by moat

^^Because you guys are judging it without even seen it...

That's right, we are. The movie industry displays consistent patterns when putting out films that are often suggestive of the film's quality. In this case, we have a film designed as a star-making vehicle for someone who isn't an actress, which means that the film is both an ego trip as well as being financially as opposed to artistically motivated. I may be making inferences, but when we see movies like these on their way they all too often meet our negative expectations.

I have the feeling that I don't even need to see the TRAILER to know where it's going.  I think I saw the poster for the movie on E!, the only place I've even heard the film MENTIONED (and I work at a movie theater!), and that's never a good sign, especially this close to the release date.

Expect this one to be "Available exclusively at Blockbuster" before I finish typing this sentence...
yotypeocom View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote yotypeocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 7:03am
You are right Plan B. Is this going wide? I tought it would be a cheapo direct DVD.... Paris doesnt look that bad of an actress but she should look for something les stupid where she shows off better. This movie simply looks like not even razzie type, looks like straight hot garbage!
Imaginatrix View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Imaginatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 11:23pm

Um.

Guys.

Has everyone forgotten that this is a PARIS. HILTON. vehicle?

It's going to be bad on PRINCIPLE.

Please, people - STOP trying to defend the inexcusable. It makes our brains hurt.

Dear Paris - please just go away and disappear!

icegirl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote icegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 8:38pm

I was just wandering around on Apple Trailers and I saw the horrific poster so I decided to watch it (even if my eyes were telling me not to)! Well , at least it reached my expectations 100%! I hated every second of it! I thought it was disgusting, stupid humor that makes you wanna kill the director (and of course Paris Hilton)! I mean, come on , can she be so stupid she thinks people will like her if she acts??She sucks in every single way!

Damn, Hollywood really thinks us movie-goers are retards!

icegirl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote icegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 8:43pm
oh, almost forgot...guys,look at the bright side: you could make a section of the Razzie Awards about "the worst Paris seconds from this movie"(second one, two , three....).  Maybe she'll have to buy a bigger house to keep all her "awards"
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 6:49pm
I think the best performance she ever gave was in her Sex Tape. I agree with icegirl, this is an exercise in narcisism.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12