Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > PINK PANTHER, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Discussion of PP2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Discussion of PP2
    Posted: December 01 2008 at 3:18am

Sounds like they just plain hate Steve Martin, and I'm sure there's bias involved.  THAT'S AWFUL! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Why is it that any time anyone doesn't hew to your viewpoint you judgmentally assume "there's bias involved"?? 

I admire Steve Martin for the many funny, clever and witty things he has achieved, but watching him prostitute his talents in crap like the CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN and PINK PANTHER movies is truly dis-heartening.

And I would argue that no one has a greater right to kvetch about a career off on the wrong track than someone who used to admire the very talent who has now gone astray... 

Originally posted by Michaels

The Movie Preview Critic's take on the new sequel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJUuPA90pIw

It's both funny and sad because it's true.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 7:08am

Right on, HeadRazz, had Miguel actually WATCHED AND LISTENED to the video, he would have seen that it was made by someone that once admired Martin's skills UNTIL he started making nothing but sequels and remakes, and sequels to remakes. Martin was funny 20 years ago, but now, like Eddie Murphy, he's just going through the motions rather than going to distance to make a GOOD movie or comedy.

P.S. Enough with the "corrupt" and "bias" talk! Just accept the fact there are people who don't have the same views as you. This isn't a forum about goverment (a subject where it is okay to repeatly use terms like "corrupt" and "bias").

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Sounds like they just plain hate Steve Martin, and I'm sure there's bias involved.  THAT'S AWFUL! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Why is it that any time anyone doesn't hew to your viewpoint you judgmentally assume "there's bias involved"?? 

I admire Steve Martin for the many funny, clever and witty things he has achieved, but watching him prostitute his talents in crap like the CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN and PINK PANTHER movies is truly dis-heartening.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 5:28am

Hang onto your hats...evidently Steve Martin is also working on a remake of Topper, which is due out next year or perhaps 2010.

Steve Martin has to be regarded as one of the great standups of all time, but his ventures on the silver screen have been a mixed bag, to put it mildly. As for you, Miguel, I think that you frequently confuse bias with a capacity to be truly objective. The fact that Martin has done work that most of us here have enjoyed doesn't afford him a license to produce crap and expect we'll ignore it. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: My guess is that someone in a position to greenlight that TOPPER remake thinks the property is similar to one of Martin's better films, ALL OF ME. And I'm sure they also factored in that the original 1937 TOPPER (IMDb LINK) did well enough to merit multiple sequels (and was later adapted as a TV series more than once).

Trying to look on the bright side, at least TOPPER won't feature Steve doing a pale, embarrassing imitation of  Peter Sellers' French accent as Clouseau... 

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 3:56am

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Hang onto your hats...evidently Steve Martin is also working on a remake of Topper, which is due out next year or perhaps 2010.

Yet another remake?! Steve Martin, whatever happened to you? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12