Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > KARATE KID (2010)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EARLY DISCUSSION of the KARATE KID remake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EARLY DISCUSSION of the KARATE KID remake
    Posted: April 13 2010 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by bbally

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by bbally

This has the potential to either be just a pathetic cash in remake.

That is why ALL remakes exist.

That's not necessarily true,  The Fly, Ben Hur and The Maltese Falcon were remakes of other films and ended up being superior to the originals and from what I read, Romero's original version of The Crazies was among his least critically received and least successful films.

Three exceptions doesn't make up for the thousands of bad remakes that have been made over the many years.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2010 at 6:17pm
Burn, it is becoming apparent that missing the forest looking at the tree is evidently becoming an epidemic around here lately.LOL
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
dzenkinrob View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dzenkinrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 2:56am
All in all from Karate Kid the best is first movie I think.
There are some funny things if we look it nowadays but still this is very great movie.
We will take care of your health: rosacea treatment and best acne products
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 5:40am
Originally posted by dzenkinrob

All in all from Karate Kid the best is first movie I think.
There are some funny things if we look it nowadays but still this is very great movie.
Of course the first movie will always be the best. And yeah, anything from 30 years ago is going to be considered dated by today standards, but that doesn't mean the movie needed all the sequels and remakes that it did.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 7:35am
I think one of the things we have all come to really despise about Hollywood in recent years is the "milk anything successful for every penny you can get out of it" syndrome. I give Steven Spielberg a lot of credit for resisting both temptation and a lot of pressure to do a sequel to E.T. Just because a movie comes out that we fall in love with for whatever reason doesn't mean we need to return to the universe of those characters and that story 4 or 5 more times. Sometimes, I'd just like to watch that particular movie again and appreciate it for whatever qualities I found in it the first time.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I think one of the things we have all come to really despise about Hollywood in recent years is the "milk anything successful for every penny you can get out of it" syndrome. I give Steven Spielberg a lot of credit for resisting both temptation and a lot of pressure to do a sequel to E.T. Just because a movie comes out that we fall in love with for whatever reason doesn't mean we need to return to the universe of those characters and that story 4 or 5 more times. Sometimes, I'd just like to watch that particular movie again and appreciate it for whatever qualities I found in it the first time.
Yes, thank goodness Spielberg has yet to give into making an "ET" sequel. Seriously, what are they going to do, have the little guy get lost on Earth again, and befriend the now 30-something year old Elliott? UGH!!! Next thing you know, Coppla will be making a modern day remake of "Godfather".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 12:55pm
After that whole Drew Barrymore-Tom Greene thing....well, let's not even go there.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 2:04pm
You can also include Shyamalan -- He was pressured to make a Sixth Sense sequel, but he and Haley Joel Osment were against the idea...  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 2:16pm
Color me dubious...  LOL

Originally posted by moviewizguy

You can also include Shyamalan. He was pressured to make a Sixth Sense sequel, but he and Haley Joel Osment were against the idea.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 2:27pm
Oh, you mean the guy who is the laughing stock of the movie business, and is rumored to be making an "Unbreakable" sequel ten years after the original? 

Didn't we already debunk the whole "Shyamamalan is the next Spielberg" theory?
shaurya View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote shaurya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 4:19am
But don't you think his work was good in this movie?   
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 4:22am
yeah it was ! In fact this is a good adventurous movie to watch !
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 7:56am
But this remake offers nothing we haven't already seen from the first 4 movies that came before it.
Powell View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Powell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 3:44am
very gooodCry
nothing
cooperspick View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote cooperspick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 7:14pm
While it was an avid attempt to bring forward a young growing actor in Jaden, but Mr. Myagi (did I spell that right?) being replaced by Jackie Chan just simply didn't work.  

Should've been a Razzie "winner" for 2010 in my opinion!  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12