Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > DA VINCI CODE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Member Comments & Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Member Comments & Discussion
    Posted: April 17 2006 at 5:45am
The Da Vinci Code, which stars Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou (Amelie), and is directed by Ron Howard, i believe will definitely be a big hit of 2006. Besides, Ron Howard has done a bunch of great films in the past. Though he has gone a bit offbeat (think WILLOW and DR. SEUSS' HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS, both of which were Razzie contenders), he still is one of the greatest directors ever. Plus, Tom Hanks is a great actor. He has done so many great films. Anyway, if any of you guys read the book, then you'll definitely want to see this movie.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 9:53pm
I read the book, and the book said Robert Langdon was a Harvard professor! Also it hinted at a romance between Sophie Nevue and Langdon. A Tom Hanks love story without Meg Ryan? It's doomed. Ron Howard is one of the most predictable and overrated directors working today. Did anyone have a doubt that Russell Crowe was going to lose in Cinderella Man? Terrible!
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 3:06pm
But.......he won.
fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 6:24am
Sure, Howard's films can get a bit predictable, but at least he is by most accounts a nice man in an amoral town, and never demeans anyone.  Really, that's all you can ask of a person who works 18 hour pressure-filled shifts. 
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 10:34pm
Yeah the same amoral town that cast his daughter in the lead of two (count 'em) M. Night Shyamalan movies without having to audition! I know there's a lot of Nepotism in movies. But for every Kate Hudson  there's a Melanie Griffith.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 5:48pm
Well, anyway, since Tom Hanks is in this one, there's no way this film will be a Razzie contender. Most films he has done has pleased critics a whole lot. Of course, he was well known for his Oscar-winning performances in PHILADELPHIA and FORREST GUMP.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 10:23am
Did you really believe Tom Hanks could be gay? Or even a lawyer? Forrest Gump was nominated because of the unspoken rule that anyone who portrays someone with a mental or physical disorder has to be a good actor, i.e. Dustin Hoffman (Rain Man) Daniel Day Lewis (My Left Foot) Al Pacino (Scent of a Woman) etc. Not saying those performance are bad, I'm just saying because you play someone with a handicap doesn't mean you're the world's greatest actor. i.e. Adrien Brody in The Village

- Joe Queenan

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 10:53am
You forgot, Robert De Niro got nominated for an Oscar for AWAKENINGS, but lost that award to Jeremy Irons in 1990. Besides, what's the point of criticizing Tom Hanks for what he's done in the past?
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 11:01pm

Uhh, I didn't bring up his past. You did...

Originally posted by sportsartist24

Well, anyway, since Tom Hanks is in this one, there's no way this film will be a Razzie contender. Most films he has done has pleased critics a whole lot.

- Joe Queenan

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 2:16am

Well, anyway, if you all like, you can check out the poster for The Da Vinci Code right here.

Movie Poster Image for The Da Vinci Code

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 2:20am
and don't forget to check out the trailer for The Da Vinci Code by clicking here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/trailers
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 9:05am

Sportsartist, this, shockingly, is starting to look indeed like a razzie contender. 0% on rotten tomatoes so far. Tom Hanks ( Who I like) was called "wooden" by one critic. On the bright side every review has praised the performance of Sir Ian Mckellen, with one critic predicting that he'll be nominated for an Oscar for this film.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 9:26am
Sanndman, I've actually changed my mind about saying that this film will be a big hit. Plus, we'll have to wait and see if this film will be a Razzie contender or a bit hit of 2006, will that be alright? A note to the Ol' HeadRazzberry, there are some people who think this film will be a Razzie contender. You also did mention that this film is expected to suck, so, why didn't you put add this film as a possible Razzie contender?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 11:19am
Was there a hint of agressiveness in your " Will that be ok"?  I'm just typing what I predict, truth be told I want this film to succeed, I like the cast, but SO FAR, it's not looking good.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 4:31pm
I said alright, not ok, Sanndman, and no, I'm not trying to be aggressive. Of course, I'll let ya know that this film will be headed to theaters all around the world on Friday. Even if this film looks like a Razzie contender, I'll still go see it. And I don't care about anyone's comments about saying about this film being boring. Maybe the film will succeed, maybe it won't. We'll have to see on Friday.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 3:49am
With poor reviews from critics, this film's definitely a Razzie contender. But, don't be surprised if this film does get any Oscar nominations. I'm sure Tom Hanks may get a Razzie nomination for this film.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>