Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > DA VINCI CODE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Member Comments & Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Member Comments & Discussion
    Posted: May 18 2006 at 9:29am
I think he'll be on the ballot, but I don't see him making the final five.
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 9:51am
Yeah, I mean, just because he won those 2 Oscars doesn't make him that good of an actor. How bout Jack Nicholson? Yes, he won 3 Oscars, but that doen't mean he's the greatest actor ever. And what I'm talking about is that he did get Razzie nominated back in 1992. However, Tom Hanks has done a bunch of weak films before this one: there's SPLASH, another film he did with Ron Howard, but that was back in 1984, THE LADYKILLERS, yeah, the film did make me laugh, but there were a bunch of bad parts in it as well. There are some others, but I may have to mention these later.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 10:49am
Oh, yeah, another weak film Tom Hanks has done was THE BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES. It was based on a novel, and check out where it ended up at. It ended up getting 5 Razzie nominations which included Worst Picture.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 11:47am
I agree that Oscars don't equal greatness. Some of my favorite actors have never won, but I like them because they're consistently good.  Brian Cox has never even been nominated, and neither has Donald Sutherland, or Gary Oldman. And it took Pacino how many years before finally winning one? A lot of it's political.
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 12:28pm
No, The Da Vinci Code isn't a bomb, nor is it, in fact, a lousy film. It's in the high mediocre range.

If you want Razzie material, wait for the Al Gore Concert film next week.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 12:57pm
This will anger all religions around the nation, Catholics, Lutherans, and yeah, even the Mormons. All these religions were angry when Mel Gibson's THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST came out, only because it got an R-rating. However, it didn't keep any audiences away from seeing it. It went on to be one of the highest grossing films at the box office, making over $370 Million. But, this one is different. We're gonna have to wait and see if this film will get an audience.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 4:26pm
Here's what's surprising: everyone said that this movie would be a B.O. Bomb. However, it made over $77 million at the weekend B.O.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 11:43pm
Wow, people have horrible taste. I think Tom Hanks and all the contoversy/publicity around it made it a success.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 1:56pm
I'm planning to see this film in a theater next weekend,  I'm hoping I won't be dissapointed.   I have read the book twice and read other books writen by Dan Browne, so I know what to expect.  
I really pay attention to plots, and will judge the movie on it's "wow factor" plus how well I liked the characters.   If there are too many inconsistent breaches of reality, or any signs of actors hamming it up, then I will be dissapointed.   I'll let you know in two weeks.
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 2:05pm
As an after thought, may I implore people to drop their preconcieved opinions of actors before discussing a movie?    Tom Hanks is a serious actor, but in the end he is employed to do as he is told by the director.  The director, Ron Howard, has to keep the film's viewing time to under two hours, and following a book will make his job diffucult.
  Even Tom Cruise deserves a little slack, he's just a guy who has made millions by using his talent and looks, something I would do if I had his talent and looks.  Actualy, I would settle for half of his good looks and remain six foot tall!
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 5:30pm
Hey, check this out. Everyone's still wanting to see this movie. It looks like The Da Vinci Code is not going to be a B.O. Bomb at all. After Monday's results, it has now made over $85 million at the Box Office. I guess everyone's been brainwashed to go see this movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 5:29pm
Well, after Thursday's results, this movie went past the $100 Million mark. So, however, this movie is not really a B.O. Bomb. After Friday's results, it finished second behind X-MEN: THE LAST STAND and is now at over $112 Million.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 10:45pm
That doesn't mean it's a good movie.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2006 at 3:34pm
Exactly, which also means it's somewhere between a good or a bad movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 6:13pm
Hey everyone, check this out. I just read about 7 of India's 29 states have banned The Da Vinci Code from playing in theaters. To read this, just click here: http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20060602/114929520000.htm l
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 9:30pm
That's nothing, Premiere ran an article showing the difference in rating from several countries. Wedding Crashers, Team America World Police, American Pie and The 40-year old virgin were flat out banned in Malaysia.

- Joe Queenan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>