Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > DA VINCI CODE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Member Comments & Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Member Comments & Discussion
    Posted: June 03 2006 at 5:09pm
So, you still think that's nothing? Well, I just found out that Pakistan has just banned this movie as well. Think about that.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2006 at 9:24pm
Pakistan (an Islamic theocracy like Iran) also banned the Muppet Show because one of it's characters was a pig.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 4:59am
After almost a month, this film has made over $189 Million at the B.O. and is getting close to reaching the $200 Million mark. But most people think that it's a B.O. Bomb. Maybe they should get their heads straight. I will admit, it's not that good of a film though...
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 7:06am

Well, I saw the movie this past weekend.  I was dissappointed somewhat, but I still liked the movie.  I thought Tom hanks was wimpy, but then again his character in the book wasn't that strong to begin with.  I kept waiting for a show of anger, even concern that he could be killed over his investigation, but he acted like it was nothing.

I guess in the end, I have to like the movie for it's historical detective storyline.  I'm partial to this kind of movie anyway.   Ron Howard did his best to be impartial, and I think the "wimp factor" resulted from his fear of controversey.   Too bad, the really good movies are always known for pushing the envelope.

Glad to hear it made money, but it doesn't qualify for an Oscar or a Razzie.

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123