Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD of RICKY BOBBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Early Postings on TALLADEGA NIGHTS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Postings on TALLADEGA NIGHTS
    Posted: July 22 2006 at 10:52am

I couldn't be able to fit that title on the subject section, just the first bit of it. But this looks like another dumb movie alright, TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD OF RICKY BOBBY. Yeah, this film stars Will Ferrell, other stars include Michael Clarke Duncan, John C. Reilly, Amy Adams, and newcomer Sasha Baron Cohen, and is directed by Adam McKay (ANCHORMAN). I'm picking this film as a possible RAZZIE contender for this year. Here are a bunch of reasons why:

1. Nothing in this film seems to be any good, not even the acting.

2. The scene with Will Ferrell running around the race track in his tighty-whities...sickening!

3. A part where Ferrell stabs his leg with a knife, like, dude, only an idiot does something like that.

4. Seeing the trailer for this movie, I just kept thinking, "Oh yeah, definitely a RAZZIE!" 

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 2:35pm
Hmm... Sasha Baron Cohen= Ali G = Borat
"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 6:09am
The sad thing is that with the growing popularity of NASCAR and its good old boy/redneck roots, this subject is ripe for an outstanding satirical movie. Alas, Hollywood has opted, as usual, to take the low road. Will Ferrel has now cemented his stature alongside the likes of Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey as "comic" actors who can instantly transform any comedy into pathos.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 3:16am

I just want to know WHY Will Farrell is being given the star treatment. He totally doesn't deserve it. He has no range as a performer. He simply mugs and pratfalls his way through everything he is in. Totally unappealing, and not even funny on top of it.

Fred Cooper
fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 2:02pm

Really the only truly great role Ferrell's had has been Mustafa in the Austin Powers films, which was really is hilarious ("I'm in an extraordinarily large amount of pain down here.").  While he was good to a degree in Elf as well, the film was too heavily shackled by a formulaic plot to truly break out, and Ferrell's reliance on questionable material for younger audiences partially sunk his character there. 

Not to worry too much though: As the years go by, he will get old. And since Hollywood is scared stiff of old age they'll inevitably hurl him uncermoniously out the door and we won't have to worry about him any more (or will we?  Seeing what some other SNL alums have done for money once the execs stopped caring for them...).  At the rate he's going, it'll be sooner rather than later that, as a certain (in)famous motivational speaker once said, he'll end up "LIVIN' in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!!!!"   

Post Reply Post Reply