Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > 2007 MOVIE AWARDZ SCHEDULE (RAZZIES®, OSCARS® & MORE!)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ellen DeGeneres to Host 79th OSCARS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ellen DeGeneres to Host 79th OSCARS
    Posted: September 14 2006 at 6:30am
Ellen DeGeneres, 1996 Worst New Star RAZZIE nominee for MR. WRONG, has been announced as host of The 79th Annual Giving Out of the Little Gold Naked Men. The ceremony itself will once again be produced by Laura Ziskin, whose credits as a film producer include the highly successful SPIDER-MAN movies. The show will be broadcast live on ABC starting at 5pm/PST on Sunday, February 25, 2006...and, if all goes as planned, should be over by some time the following Tuesday morning.
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 7:41am

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

The show will be broadcast live on ABC starting at 5pm/PST on Sunday, February 25, 2006...

Hey RAZZ...I think you meant February 25th, 2007...Anyways, I think this is just another political maneuver on the Academy's part to see if by having a female lesbian host the show if it will boost the ratings like with the Emmy's 5 years ago when Ellen hosted that event.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 8:42am

I for one think Ellen is very funny and very smart.   I hope she dances, it'd be better then watching the previous MTV style renditions of past years.

Compared to watching Bob Hope reading cue cards, anyone could be better. 

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
 Post Reply Post Reply