Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > SCHEDULE for 35th RAZZIES® & 87th OSCARS® in 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ENCORE Skeds RAZZIE® Movie Series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Adam Schramm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ENCORE Skeds RAZZIE® Movie Series
    Posted: January 12 2009 at 8:20am
The Encore networks have announced that, starting the 21st of January, they will run a series of Razzie classics leading up to the Oscars (and Razzies, of course!)  They even specifically mentioned the Razzie format in the ad and that the films would be "hosted" by some guy I didn't recognize. (Was that "HeadRazzberry"?)

Films included in the ad I saw were Rhinestone, Striptease, Battlefield Earth and I Know Who Killed Me.  (Ironically, Encore has been running Striptease for months now without once mentioning its Razzieness.)  I think there were several others as well.  This will be a good opportunity to check these out without wasting the space in your Netflicks account or having to put a paper bag over your head and go to the video store.

HeadRazz--want to weigh in on this arrangement?

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 8:34am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Encore is running their "RAZZIE® Film Fest" with full cooperation and approval from us. In fact, there was even a promo for it on our Main Page.

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2009 at 12:12pm
Now we need one with TCM...to rid themselves of that Oscar snooze-fest...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 3:00am

I take it you're talking about Turner Classic Movies' annual "31 Days Of Oscar"? I don't mind it, since I like classic movies. And if they are showcasing boring movies, you can simply change the channel, and watch something else...   

Originally posted by Razzilla

Now we need one with TCM...to rid themselves of that Oscar snooze-fest...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Adam Schramm View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adam Schramm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 12:30pm
Well, TCM is showing Terror of Tiny Town...it's a start...
LBSWebsite1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote LBSWebsite1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 2:21pm

Wow! First, Starz's broadcast of I Know Who Killed Me (which thankfully I never saw anyway), and now Encore's managed to get in a day's broadcast the worst movies that finally get their own film fest. Terrific work, John! I salute you.

BTW, HeadBerry, I know that I'm not yet a member of the GRAF, except in this Forfum (though I AM a film fan bar none!), but if my pick for this year's (and this decade's) Worst Film were to count for the GRAF it would be... drumroll please...

Disaster Movie

The worst thing that should have come with this film's marketing is a
tagline that says above its god forsaken title:

A FRIEDBERG/SELTZER SCREWUP

If it's a bad idea for a movie - “Put it out of your mind. In no time, it will be a forgotten memory!” - Samuel Goldwyn
 Post Reply Post Reply