Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > MEET THE SPARTANS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Enough with The STOOPID Spoofs, Already!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enough with The STOOPID Spoofs, Already!!
    Posted: December 23 2007 at 4:47am

SORRY to SAY, BUT THE UNFUNNY DISASTER THAT WAS EPIC MOVIE TURNS OUT NOT to BE the EPITAPH of ITS MAKERS' MOVIE CAREERS. THERE's TITTERS YET to BE HAD (OR SO THEY THINK) by DOING THEIR 36th DITZY "SPOOF MOVIE." THIS TIME THEY'RE ESSENTIALLY TAKING OFF on LAST YEAR's 300 (WHICH WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY FUNNY ITSELF).

NEED FURTHER EVIDENCE THIS ONE SUCKS SPARTAN EGGROLLS?? IT FEATURES 2006 WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS RAZZIE® "WINNER" CARMEN ELECTRA in a MAJOR ROLE -- SO THERE!

FEEL FREE to "DINE in HELL" on THIS FILM's CARCASS BELOW...

Carmen: "For once, I've got male co-stars showing more cleavage than I alwaze do!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 2:23pm
Yep, nice title on their part, because clearly this will be a gay old time all right (WILMA!!!)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 12:36am

Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg avoid being named Worst Directors Who Ever Lived only because of Darth Schumacher!

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 2:05am

If I made a list of 20 People Who Should Leave the Film Industry Forever, Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer would definetely be on it!

I hope this movie's release helps boosts the number of votes for Epic Movie in this year Razzie balloting.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 11:55am
Funny trailer!
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 1:54pm
I don't see anything funny about this movie at all...
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 6:56am
Saw an extended preview before AVP2 and it looks...sad. The teaser is much better, because it didn't show much. But now...they still have Paris Hilton. They still have Britney...also the rap dances...and a lot more sad things...
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2007 at 4:00am
Yeah, this movie isn't gonna be dated in ten years at all! [/sarcasm]
Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 4:00am
As Leonidas would say about this movie:

THIS IS RETARDED!
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 5:58am
THIS IS UNFUNNY!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 8:12am

The kids at school say this looks retarded. Truer words were never spoken.

Mrs. Magnatech View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mrs. Magnatech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 3:38pm

Memo to the people responsible for these horrible films: You don't have the right to make fun of other people's movies when your own movies stink!

moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 2:56pm
I don't understand why these guys feel the need to focus their film's outline on a single flick like 300, it's not as if they will let it limit their parodying to the elements of that film alone (as we can see in the teasers).

What's really distressing about these films is the amount who are likely to go see it. Hollywood comedy of this ilk has been crippled so badly in recent years I fear future generations won't be willing to give truly humorous films like Naked Gun and Airplane! a chance because of the severely awful frequency with which these films are appearing, ergo ruining the reputation for these kinds of movies. And there will of course be an unjustly large audience for this film because of the existence of far too many people who have concluded two things:

1. Pop culture references = comedy
  2. The quantity of attempts at humor in the film are of greater importance than the quality of said efforts.
It's sad really, to see cleverness and wit forsaken in favor of the lowest common denominator style we are witnessing dominate films such as this one. It's maddening to see that this is the result of the American publics choices in movies to pay and go see. As much as I would like to pin the blame on on another source, the people at fault for this one are our nation's moviegoers. They have demanded, and the market has delivered.
PlanB View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote PlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 3:05pm
Here's my "Movie" Formula that I posted on IMDB a little while back...

A couple folks thought I hit it right on the head, so here it is in it's own thread:

From what I've seen of most of the "Movie" movies, they all seem to follow the same formula:

A) Someone says or does something or looks vaguely like a character (or celebrity) from another, more popular film or media outlet.

B) Someone in the film explains the joke for the the slow people in the audience or actually flat-out REFERENCES the very movie it looks like (See, they're not ANGEL wings like that guy's from X-Men, they're CHICKEN wings!), and then...

C) SOmeone gets hit in the head, kicked in the crotch, dismembered, is given the finger, makes a d!ck joke, etc.

D) Awkward intentional pause, allowing the audience to recover from what was surely a bout of gutbusting laughter.

E) Steps A-D then repeat every 45 seconds or so.

That's about right, isn't it? The worst parodies, like most of these "Movie" movies, try to tell you they're funny because it was funny in this other movie, and you LOVED that movie, so this must be just like that one, right? Sorry, ain't happenin'.

It IS possible for a movie to be a parody and still have a story of it's own without having to break the 4th wall and remind you what it's making fun of. For instance, "Walk Hard" pokes fun at more serious films by being smarter than a lot of them and making fun of the conventions and themes rather than outright saying "Hey, remember that scene from 'Ray'? This is LIKE that scene from 'Ray', so it's as GOOD as that scene from 'Ray', because you really liked 'Ray', right? 'Ray'!".

Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2008 at 1:40am

"THIS.  IS.  WORSE THAN UWE BOLL!"

I think I may have had a dream last night that Aaron Seltzer suddenly died of a heart attack or something.  I'm not saying that I want somebody to actually die (that would be heartless and cruel), but it's just that even my dreams are critics of these films.

bgniewek View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bgniewek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2008 at 7:08am

These movies are always so bad, and are always on worst lists. Maybe that's what they're going for every year: Hey, an award is an award (and it still brings attention to the movie). This does look better than the other spoof movies, but still I am not paying $8 just to get burned again. I will wait to rent it. Maybe it will be so bad its good -- like Dirty Love. That was so funny I can't stop talking about it to everyone -- So bad that it was so good. It really makes me feel good about myself when I am down. I am spreading the word at MSU: If you haven't seen Dirty Love, rent it!

Sorry about the rant. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Apology not necessary -- And welcome to our Forum! By the way, DIRTY LOVE is the obscure supposed "comedy" that grossed all of $56,000 (we kid you not) and "won" four of our 2005 dis-honors, including Worst Picture. Here's a LINK to its discussion on the Forum...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>