Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > MEET THE SPARTANS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Enough with The STOOPID Spoofs, Already!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enough with The STOOPID Spoofs, Already!!
    Posted: February 02 2008 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Berrynoia

CNN indicates that teens and young adults liked the movie, but I can't see those people enjoying this crap. 

CNN is indeed wrong. I heard from people who actually saw Meet the Spartans said that the movie sucked and was completely unfunny.

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 5:08am
Rest assured. Superhero Movie looks much better than any of the films Friedberg/Seltzer has done.

1. David Zucker's producing (trust me, the PG-13 Scary Movie films aren't terrible. Anna Faris is still coasting)
2. Drake Bell's in it (he could be stealing Shia LaBeouf's thunder)
3. No Britney Spears/Paris Hilton mocking
4. From the looks of the trailer, it doesn't feel like a spoof, but an homage, a la Hot Fuzz.

I agree, though, about Meet the Spartans. Once I saw Nicole Parker (so very talented on MadTV), parade her astronomically awful Britney Spears impression, the conclusions were drawn. And why does Friedberg and Seltzer hire somewhat talented MadTV vets (Josh Meyers in Date Movie) to be in their sh*tty films? Sure, the show ain't in the pop culture britannica, but there are talents in there that deserve a sh*tload of good movies (including eternal gold mines Debra Wilson and Aries Spears).

And, really, enough with the Britney Spears/Paris Hilton sh*t already, huh? Britney Spears is nuts because we made her nuts with the stalkaratzi. Besides, I am sick of having her crammed down my throat by those creeps like their life depended on it.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 9:37am
Ok...just saw it...hated it...3/10...There. Are you guys happy now?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 9:41am
Yes, we're happy moviewizguy
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
jennieC View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jennieC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 4:37am
this movie is hilarious.. 
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 8:55am

I think you're thinking of another film. Any other film, really.

I'm not sure what one you're thinking of...but I'm positive that it's not this one!   

Originally posted by jennieC

this movie is hilarious.. 

jennieC View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jennieC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 6:26am
We're talking Meet the Spartans right? Well, most of you dont find it funny, but for me, it's entertaining...
praguepride View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote praguepride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:48am

Let's put it this way, this movie was barely over an hour long. It's pretty obvious they're not trying anymore, just throwing a bunch of pop culture references in the meat grinder and shilling it out to us.

I saw this for free...and it still wasn't worth it! 

"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:02am

Seltzer and Friedberg (or as I call them, "Schumacher's Appentices") next movie will be a parody of "Superbad", "Hancock", "Sex And The City", and "The Love Guru" called "Goody Two Shoes". The link to the story is called SuperBAD Movie

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2008 at 2:52am

If "Disaster Movie" is as bad as I think it will be, I may have to change my name to SeltzerbergH8ter. This film only had four scenes that I found funny. 1.) Carmen reads a review this on Ain'tItCoolNews, 2.) Kevin Sorbo takes down Rocky Balboa (playing the uber-immortal) by injecting him with botox, 3.) during the end credits, Nicole Sullivan impersonates Ellen DeGenerous and says, when no one luaghes at her jokes,: "Wow, this is like the audience of 'Mr. Wrong'"., and 4.) the Dane Cook part. The reason I, especially hated this was because for those four funny parts, there was 37 failed jokes with each. The two that were most unfunny, were when the penguin attacked Leonidas, he said: "Say hello to Anna Nicole for me." and the Ghost Rider, which made me shout "What the f*ck?". This nominations for Worst Picture, Director, Supporting Actress (Nicole Sullivan), Screenplay, Screen Couple (Sean Maguire and Carmen Electra), and Remake or Rip-Off.

Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2008 at 6:09pm
I was reading a dvd review of this and discovered something rather sad. 20th Century Fox gave the duo 30 mill to make the movie and released it widely. However, Fox has also helped develop Idiocracy, a film which actually included talented and well respected actors (Luke Wilson, Justin Long, Terry Crews, Thomas Hayden Church) and also made by Mike Judge who made such shows as Beavis and Butthead and King of the Hill and made the cult movie Office Space. However, this never got released to more then 130 cinemas and got about 443 thousand back from a ten million budget.
A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2008 at 2:44am
I know. People should watch "Idiocracy." It's not far off from being a documentary, in my opinion.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2008 at 4:14am
Fox needs to stop funding retards like Seltzerberg and barely finding geniuses like Mike Judge. "Idiocracy" and "Office Space" hardly got any marketing. Judge has a new movie with Jason Bateman. I hope they market it well.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2008 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I was blown away by "Cloverfield". It was
millions times better than "The Blair Witch Project". Unlike "Blair Witch",
there was an immediate threat. "Blair Witch" was, essentially, three morons
(one of them a Razzie winner) walking around while some old b/witch moved
things. Also, "Cloverfield" didn't try to pass itself off as true. Everyone knew
that "Blair Witch" was fake going in.

I can honestly say anyone who thinks that a movie that copies just about
every plot element of The Blair Witch Project to be better than it
has absolutely no good taste in movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2008 at 1:24pm

"The Blair Witch Project" was done poorly. I didn't feel scared once through the whole piece of crap. Heather Donahue deserved her Razzie. "Cloverfield" was great I jumped a bunch of times.

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2008 at 3:44pm
Cloverfield began losing my attention after the first five minutes, few
characters that we care about fully establish themselves by the time the
terror occurs, and I will admit that I jumped several times while
watching it, but that's not the same as actually being scared,
something The Blair Witch Project was a master at doing in my opinion,
because it knows that leaving the terror to the imagination is scarier than
actually seeing it on film; any 4-year-old can tell you that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>