Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE EXPENDABLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EXPENDABLES TRIVIA QUESTION ANSWER...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EXPENDABLES TRIVIA QUESTION ANSWER...
    Posted: June 24 2010 at 10:18am
The total number of RAZZIE® nominations and "wins" racked up by the cast and crew of EXPENDABLES is staggering, and breaks down thusly:  

SYLVESTER = 29 NOMINATIONS and 10 "WINS" -- so far!  

AH-NULD (with an un-billed CAMEO) = 9 NOMINATIONS & 1 "WIN" 

BRUCIE = 4 NOMINATIONS and 1 "WIN"

MICKEY ROURKE = 1 NOMINATION  

GRAND TOTAL: 43 NOMINATIONS and 12 "WINS"  

...WOW!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 12:33pm
Wow, indeed -- 43 nods and 12 wins! And some people still wonder why this movie is considered the prime Razzie target for 2011??  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 11:25pm
My guess was too high: 44 nominations and 21 wins.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 4:01am
Hmmm, 29 nominations and 10 wins for Stallone. I heard over on another thread that he is one of the top ten actors of all time!LOL
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Hmmm, 29 nominations and 10 wins for Stallone. I heard over on another thread that he is one of the top ten actors of all time!LOL
What a stupid and free attack... 'cause I know you're talking about me! But as you Razzie haven't ever done a real analyze of Stallone's acting the number of his nods doesn't mean anything! Stallone IS the best actor of all time in MY opinion (put the MY in your head!!!) and he one of the greatest star of all time (and on this I'm far of being the only one to thinking that) and The Expendables will be one of the best movie of the year in MY opinion (again) so now please stop pissing me off dude because all want to do is get me angry!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 2:42pm
Submitted for the consideration of the group, another individual who can evidently dish it out, but not take it. To refresh your memory TaRaN, you made the statement that Stallone is one of the seven greatest actors of all time (you presented a list), with no qualification as to it being a matter of opinion. You may believe that if you wish, but don't pretend it is even close to a consensus opinion.  And before you whine any further about anyone else attacking you, perhaps you might recognize this quote:
Just a question... are you blind or something? You certainly don't know what is an awful acting... But don't worry I have 2 solution for you... Buy yourself new glasses, or stop doing crack! ;)

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

What a stupid and free attack... 'cause I know you're talking about me! But as you Razzie haven't ever done a real analyze of Stallone's acting the number of his nods doesn't mean anything! Stallone IS the best actor of all time in MY opinion (put the MY in your head!!!) and he one of the greatest star of all time (and on this I'm far of being the only one to thinking that) and The Expendables will be one of the best movie of the year in MY opinion (again) so now please stop pissing me off dude because all want to do is get me angry!
Okay, so at least you're saying it's just YOUR opinion. However, I myself doubt at that "Expendables" will be on par with the likes of "Toy Story 3" and "Inception". A fun action movie, yes, but nothing on par with those other movies.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 1:32pm

perhaps you might recognize this quote:
Just a question... are you blind or something? You certainly don't know what is an awful acting... But don't worry I have 2 solution for you... Buy yourself new glasses, or stop doing crack! ;)

Yeah and to not be an hypocrite, I still think that you should...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 4:42pm

perhaps you might recognize this quote:
Yeah and to not be an hypocrite, I still think that you should...
No need for personal attacks. You're only digging yourself a deeper hole.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 5:14pm
These are dark times for the RAZZIE boards. Too many of the users (it feels like more than half) have turned to flaming (I categorize that personal attack as "insinuation").

I never would've imagined we'd have such a hard time getting along.

On topic, as I said, my guess was an exaggeration over the real answer. What do most people think?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

These are dark times for the RAZZIE boards. Too many of the users (it feels like more than half) have turned to flaming (I categorize that personal attack as "insinuation").
The problem is we have people taking the Razzies way too seriously. It's a parody award, not something that will make or break your career like an Oscar can. We need to relax and breathe rather than run around yelling, "this actor sucks, that actor is great; we shouldn't be razzing this movie, we should be razzing this one", etc.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 10:08pm
There is a certain degree of understanding the nature of the ice upon which you tread. If you don't want to hear vitriolic attacks upon President Obama, you probably shouldn't listen to Rush Limbaugh. And if one lives in a fantasy world in which Sly Stallone ranks among the great actors of all time, one should probably not dip their toes into reality and try to make their case here.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 8:23am
saturnwatcher does have a point. If you don't want to read about Stallone being made fun of, common sense would be to not read comments on the forum in which he is considered the Razzie version of Meryl Streep.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

The problem is we have people taking the Razzies way too seriously. It's a parody award, not something that will make or break your career like an Oscar can. We need to relax and breathe rather than run around yelling, "this actor sucks, that actor is great; we shouldn't be razzing this movie, we should be razzing this one", etc.
You have a point. I think if there's awards for best of the cinematic world, there must be an Award for the worst! Razzies are there for it! This is why I love that. But it's still that like in every awards, there's things on which I don't agree, my personnal two Razzie-Kings on which I don't agree are Stallone and Kevin Coastner 'cause I find those two actors great that's it!
But I totally agree on Arnie, he's awful! And by far more deserving of Razzie than Sly or Coastner or even Madonna!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 2:26pm

You have a point. I think if there's awards for best of the cinematic world, there must be an Award for the worst! Razzies are there for it! This is why I love that. But it's still that like in every awards, there's things on which I don't agree, my personnal two Razzie-Kings on which I don't agree are Stallone and Kevin Coastner 'cause I find those two actors great that's it!
But I totally agree on Arnie, he's awful! And by far more deserving of Razzie than Sly or Coastner or even Madonna!!
Kevin Costner? Have you seen "Water World" and/or "The Postman"? Two of the worst movies ever made and the worst performances of his career. after those back-to-back bombs, he's now Razzie bait for life. I understand you have fond memories of actors' past work, but the past is in the past, and here in the present, their work sucks.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 8:51am
Kevin Coastner did JFK and Dances with the Wolves two great movies! Ok personnaly I didn't adore Dances with the Wolves and found it boring in someways, but it still be a great movie winner of Best Picture Academy Award!

And yes I've seen both The Postman and Water World... Postman is awful but Water World back in time I pretty enjoyed it!

But my personnal favourite bad Coastner's movie is Bodygoard! Even if the movie is VERY incoherant and somehow really stupid, I'm in love with the love stoy... I'm sentimental! xD I have the same love for the movie 50 First Dates (even more this one)!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>