Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > THE EYE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EYE See What You Mean...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EYE See What You Mean...
    Posted: February 02 2008 at 4:49pm
I went today with a cousin of mine whose wife wanted to see it, and it was a little better than I expected. It didn't have a lot of scary scenes, just a few. Jessica Alba does a great job, and so did Parker Posey as her sister. It was really done well, and the music matched the movie's dark tone. It felt a little weak towards the end though.

Overall Grade = C
(My favorite Japanese horror remake = The Ring)
yotypeocom View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote yotypeocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 8:47am

I wasn't dissapointed because I like watching Jessica Alba in all her movies, but this one was a lamer..its could have been much scarierer, all the spooks were very cliched and predictable. Just thinking Renee Zellweger was going to do this before Alba leaves me P U Z Z L E D!!!!

WaterBoySucks View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaterBoySucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 6:18am

They say "s--t rolls downhill" and after an absolute stunner like Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, what was Alba gonna do (with her looks and zero talent)???

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 11:23am

Who keeps hiring Jessica Alba? She can't act her way out of a wet paper bag. All she's good for is dancing around half naked, which is why her role in "Sin City" was her best "performance" yet. And she's not that hot anyway. I hate how the media keeps shoving it down our throats that she the sexiest woman alive.

She's not!  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2008 at 10:34am
I watched part of this at a friend's house. This is one of Alba's more cardboard-like performances. The movie wasn't exactly memorable either, and Parker Posey is probably the best thing in it.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 11:57am

Alba's on-going cardboard performances are why she's got my vote as the front-runner for Worst Actress this year.

Why won't she go away?!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 7:03pm
Why won't Alba-tross go away?  Because she makes Jessica Simpson look bad and Katie Holmes look good? . . .
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 1:12am

Katie Holmes' career is officially over (thanks to Mr. Cruise) and any movie with Jessica Simpson in the credits is just laughed at. I was thinking more along the lines of, maybe Alba sleeps around with directors?

Alba just screams: "Hey, look at me, I'm a talentless 'actress' hired just for my looks. I'm so lazy, I never bothered to take acting classes. But it doesn't matter because magazines love me and give me tons of PR I shouldn't be getting in the first place. Plus, I'm ashamed of my Latin background, I'm proud that I don't know a word of Spanish, and I did the "Fantasic Four" movies so I could live my girlhood dream of being white, so our makeup artists invented "whiteface" just for me!" 

I hate her so much! 

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Why won't Alba-tross go away?  Because she makes Jessica Simpson look bad and Katie Holmes look good? . . .

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 2:24am
She's less like a beautiful song about lovers parting in the morning (alba), and more like a cursed albatross around your neck, right? . . .
Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Berrynoia

The only thing that looks good in this movie is Alba's body. But she has a long losing streak of bad movies, dating back a few years.  At this rate, Sin City 2 may disappoint because of her! 

Hi,

I agree with You.

Alba only looks good in this movie.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by rigery

Originally posted by Berrynoia

The only thing that looks good in this movie is Alba's body. But she has a long losing streak of bad movies, dating back a few years.  At this rate, Sin City 2 may disappoint because of her! 

Hi,

I agree with You.

Alba only looks good in this movie.

Well looking good will only take you so far in a movie. It works for stock women characters whose sole reason for being on-screen is to look hot. But when it comes to carrying an entire movie by "acting", Alba fails on every level, which is why she's in line for a long overdue Razzie "win".

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2008 at 5:37pm

Ugh...I don't know what to say about this film.  The poster was interesting enough, but what the hell was that?

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2008 at 8:59am
I actually wasn't impressed until the ending. I loved the ending because it surprised me. I thought there would be an opened ending for a sequel and I was praying, "End it here! End it here! Don't leave an opened ending for a sequel if this film becomes successful!" and they did end it there! I was effing happy after that. I also liked Alba's character.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I actually wasn't impressed until the ending. I loved the ending because it surprised me. I thought there would be an opened ending for a sequel and I was praying, "End it here! End it here! Don't leave an opened ending for a sequel if this film becomes successful!" and they did end it there! I was effing happy after that. I also liked Alba's character.

Well, that would be getting 2 out of 4 things right. 1. An ending with closure, and 2. An "interesting" main character. But they failed in the areas of 3. Making a movie based on an original concept, and 4. Hiring an actress who is famous for her acting ability and not just her looks. Had this movie been an original and smart horror movie starring Parker Posey as the lead, chances are, it wouldn't be here at the Razzie forum.

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2008 at 11:25am
Just in case you've seen be bashing the Pang Brothers for what they did to Bangkok Dangerous, I oughta bash them for this too.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2008 at 4:07pm

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Just in case you've seen be bashing the Pang Brothers for what they did to Bangkok Dangerous, I oughta bash them for this too.

Did the Pang Brothers make the Alba remake? I know they made the original "Eye" movie, but if they all they did was give away the rights for the movie to H-Wood, that doesn't place the blame on them as badly as Bankok Dangerous, which they rewrote and watered down for America.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>