Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > THE EYE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EYE See What You Mean...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EYE See What You Mean...
    Posted: November 20 2008 at 6:04pm
Wait a second, it wasn't them.  I thought I saw something telling me it was.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:06am

As far as I know, the Pang Brothers made the original version -- but I don't think they had anything to do with the Alba version.

Besides, most studio contracts make sure their directors only make one project at a time, so I doubt Lionsgate let them direct both "Bangkok" and "Eye" simultaneously.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 3:12pm
The Pang Brothers actually did direct both versions of Bangkok Dangerous, and their "tweaking the plot" put it in my Top 5 for Worst Director (and Worst Remake or Ripoff).
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 3:49am
Pang Brothers or not, between this movie and "Love Guru", Alba has a more than good chance of finally winning the Razzie she has been able to dodge over the past four years. Unless Paris Hilton pulls an upset...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 11:45am
I thought Paris Hilton was the favorite.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

I thought Paris Hilton was the favorite.

It really is a two woman race between Hilton and Alba. Kate Hudson and Kim Kardashian also come to mind. As tempting as it would be to give it to Hilton (already a past "winner"), I'd like Alba to get razzed, as she has no real acting talent and is repeatedly hired based soley on her looks. Although, the same can be said for Kardashian, who is famous for her sex tape and extra large butt. "Disaster Movie" should be her first, last, and only movie role. The most believable thing about her preformance was her yawning on camera.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 2:36am

I don't think Kardashian was a lead actress in that film (she's only there 'til she gets hit by an asteroid).  Vanessa Miniello would probably fit that detail (she was the protagonist's girlfriend).

In the case of Worst Actress, I would probably nominate Jessica Alba, Paris Hilton, Kate Hudson, Diane Keaton/Queen Latifah/Katie Holmes, and Meg Ryan/Annette Bening/Eva Mendes/Debra Messing/Jada Pinkett Smith.

wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 8:43am
Alba was not even that bad. Parker Posey (talented actress) was miscast and was weaker then Alba. Film was ok though.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 11:38am

Originally posted by wolfee37

Alba was not even that bad. Parker Posey (talented actress) was miscast and was weaker then Alba. Film was ok though.

But she's a "Repeat Razzie Offender" who has dodged the bullet of being razzie for too long now, and if she doesn't get razzed for this movie, she will no doubt get it for "Love Guru".

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 10:23am

I rated it with 40% on Rotten Tomatoes.I was gon’na rate it with 50%,’cuz most of it isn’t good or bad,and then the border scene was very scary(unlike the rest),but then it ends with a lot of plot holes(which also appear in the original one).

This movie made the same mistake as JUMPER:They didn’t try to solve the plot holes,’cuz they wanted to do a sequel,but due to the bad reviews,they won’t.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Vits

This movie made the same mistake as JUMPER:They didn’t try to solve the plot holes,’cuz they wanted to do a sequel,but due to the bad reviews,they won’t.

Now if only the makers of "Jumper" would get a clue from all their bad reviews and not make a sequel. Seriously Hollywood, wait until you know you have a runaway hit before you go into instant trilogy mode!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 5:13pm

Actually, they weren't planning a sequel for this one. A clear indication is the ending.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 8:13am
That's what I read on Wikipedia.I know that's not a reliable source,but still.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 8:29am

That's what I read on Wikipedia.I know that's not a reliable source,but still.
Yeah, dude, if you know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, then stop believing whatever is posted on it. It's like saturnwatcher saying "Fox News is not a reliable source, but I believe in whatever they say".
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 8:51am
I also read it on IMDB.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 10:11am

I also read it on IMDB.
That's probably how the rumor was started. The IMDb forums aren't a great source either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>