Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > FINAL DESTINATION 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Final Destination: INADVERTENT HUMOR?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Final Destination: INADVERTENT HUMOR?!?
    Posted: October 25 2010 at 12:11pm
Again, notice the pattern? The sequels just keep getting worse. The first movie was okay, but they have been milking it for a decade now. And besides MWG, I don't know anyone who wants to see a 5th movie. To most people, the series died with the 4th one because it was utter s***.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 12:22pm
I think the series died after the first 2. The 2nd one may have been bad, but at least it gave some closure to the 1st one. After that, there was barely any continuity and or connections between the movies. If the plan for the last one is to tell us all the main characters from each movie will die no matter what, fine! But end the saga already! 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 1:23pm
The 2nd film is arguably the best in this series. It's the only one that has a different structure from all the others!
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 4:54pm
Then maybe they should have stuck with that structure.  Instead, they made the "half-assed-sleep-walked-through/you're-only-watching-to-see-what-creative-new-ways-we-can-kill-people-off-and-no-other-reason" movies that came after #2.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 8:57pm
Time for my next review of this piece of crap. Without a doubt, this is the worst film in the franchise. While Final Destination 3 sucked, at least that had some good kills and helped make Mary Elizabeth Winstead famous. Aside from the deaths of the racist and the milf, there's nothing to recommend about this movie, so this is going to be a 9 worst things review.

9.) The visions of death: A big problem with this film and the third was its use of visions to show who's going to die next. Doing this pretty much defuses all the tension. The second one did this too, but the visions didn't explicitly point out what was going to happen like in this one. For example, the vision about the hook-handed man in Final Destination 2 lead to a unique and creepy death.

8.) Nick Zano: Zano plays Hunt, the designated douchebag of the film. The deisgnated douchebag is supposed to be unlikable, but he shouldn't be painful to watch. Look at PJ Byrne's character from the fifth one. He's the designated douchebag, but he's entertaining to watch. Hunt's scenes are a chore to watch, mainly due to Hunt's awful performance.

7.) Janet is an idiot: The character of Janet (played by Haley Webb) is a total idiot. After almost dying in a car wash, she refuses to believe that anything supernatural is going on. If her almost death was average, like if her almost death involved something mundane like slipping on something, I'd be less annoyed. But her death is completely unexplainable from a logical standpoint. She's so awful and annoying, that she's actually less likable than Hunt the designated douchebag. However, that last one is mainly because...

6.) Haley Webb is a terrible actress: Webb's performance is so awful, that she makes an already annoying character even more annoying. The way she snarls "I was MEANT to see this movie!" towards the end is one of the worst line-readings I've ever heard.

5.) The Korean War vet scene: As the film lurches towards another bland and boring kill, we get a baffling and uncomfortable scene involving a Korean War vet. A Chinese orderly is filling a pool up and he's repulsed by his racism. This causes him to leave him alone, which causes the pool to overrun and cause the floor to collapse and kill the man below. Was this scene REALLY necessary? I know they needed to set up the death, but it this the best they could come up with? This rivals Ride To Hell Retribution in terms of awful and needlessly complex build-up.

4.) The comedy: Of the five films, this film is the most comedic. This film also has the least amount of laughs of the five films. Aside from the death of the racist. none of the comedy works. More often than not, the jokes are so baffling that I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be jokes or not. Like the scene at the beginning where the milf puts tampons in her sons' ears. Or when a race car is overdubbed with a dolphin sound effect. What's the joke?

3.) The cartoony special effects: The special effects took a MASSIVE downturn with this film. They look so cartoony and fake, that it's somewhat painful to look at them. Bafflingly, this cost MORE than Final Destination 3, which had non-crappy special effects.

2.) The death premonition: Whatever the quality of the rest of the Final Destination film, at least the death premonition has to be good right? Well, The Final Destination shows this isn't always right. The death premonition in this film is boring. Even worse, Final Destination 2 already did the car crash death premonition. And it did it way, way, way, way, way, better.

1.) The twist: This film reveals who's giving out the premonitions that the protagonist's receive: it turns out that it's Death himself sending them so he can set his plans up. This is more of a personal thing: I prefer the Final Destination films where the deaths aren't so needlessly complex that Death needs to have a chart to plan them out. This twist sends the ENTIRE FRANCHISE into "Death needs a chart" territory.

Well, at least this isn't the worst Mykelti Williamson film I've reviewed this year. Grade: D-
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456