Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (2010)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FINGERING FREDDY for a NOT-SO-SCARY REMAKE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FINGERING FREDDY for a NOT-SO-SCARY REMAKE...
    Posted: June 01 2010 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

BurnHollywoodBurn, you're all over that Law of Unspeakability, aren't you? Anything bad that's spoken happens, and anything good that's spoken ceases to be. When did it NOT apply recently?
Well, people keep talking about there being a "Grand Thief Auto" movie, but thankfully, that hasn't happened yet. That kinda breaks the anything bad rule. However, people keep on talking about a "Halo" movie, but that hasn't happened yet. So there's the anything good rule in effect!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 9:25am
BurnHollywoodBurn, you're all over that Law of Unspeakability, aren't you? Anything bad that's spoken happens, and anything good that's spoken ceases to be. When did it NOT apply recently?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 4:59am
Your review pretty much hit the nail on the head. But please do not mention possible sequels, because once you do, the studios will go ahead and do it ... with the same director from this first movie!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
vrc3 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote vrc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 11:40pm
This very lame re-make was done by a director that obviously has no passion for or love of the horror genre. Wes Craven at least brought the somber mood necessary. With the scraping claws on the wall, the dripping water, the whole ominous imagery of a dream, he built REAL tension. In re-makes, they get a bunch of perfect-looking Abercrombie models to run around and get killed in their sleep. We are not vested in the characters because most people aren't surrounded by 50 people that look like GQ cover models, devoid of any acting skills or abilities. 

Hopefully if, God-forbid, they make another one, they will get a different director to direct.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 5:39pm
I guess Michael Bay must be the George W. Bush of directing, if Uwe Boll is the Paris Hilton!!  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 3:33pm
Just like Uwe Boll,"Seltzer-berg" have an overall 0% score at R.T. too...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 8:32pm
Yeah -- so? In the past, not even Stallone or Madonna have won career awards, and they have won more Razzies than anyone. Razzies standards are different than most award shows; it really does come down to who the 700 voting members hate the most that year...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 3:39pm
1)He "won" Worst Director for 3 titles that same year.
2)All of his movies have an RT score between 1 and 11%. And his overall score is 0%.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 3:59pm
Uwe Boll had serveral nods, and no "wins" yet when he was voted his Worst Career award.  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 3:58pm
"Extreme bias"!? Come on now, man. If instead of saying "Anything made by Michael Bay", he said "Anything with "Twilight Saga" in the title" as a warning sign, you would be singing his praises from on top of the highest mountain that you could climb! Stop trying to con us that we should only hate certain bad movies and not all of them. 

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

No, I'm saying he should be banned from the internet for showing an extreme bias.
Actually, Uwe Boll is the Paris Hilton of producing/directing (or is it Seltzerberg?).
As far as I know, we're not giving out a Worst Career Achievement award this year.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 2:27pm
No, I'm saying he should be banned from the internet for showing an extreme bias.
Actually, Uwe Boll is the Paris Hilton of producing/directing (or is it Seltzerberg?).
As far as I know, we're not giving out a Worst Career Achievement award this year.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 12:24pm
If we count movies he has produced,6 are bad and 1 is average.Not to mention his score at R.T. is 7/100.I supposse he qualifies then.

However,if by "Razzie count" you mean his noms.,he doesn't.Out of the 16 movies he's made(I don't count his small gig in INDICENT PROPOSAL),only 6 has been nominated,of which 1 wasn't a nom. for him("Worst Supportin'Actor" for Jon Voight in TRANSFORMERS).He has only won 2.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Vits

Does that award counts only the movies he directed?Because he has 2 movies that are good,4 that are bad,and 3 that are average.I don't think he qualifies for that award.
No, by Razzie count, it's 1 and 1/2 good, everything else he touches or breaths on, BAD.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 10:15am
Does that award counts only the movies he directed?Because he has 2 movies that are good,4 that are bad,and 3 that are average.I don't think he qualifies for that award.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 4:51am
True that. 15 years in the business and Bay has only maybe one-and-a-half "good" movies to show for it! 
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 11:29pm
It sounds like Michael Bay could win the next Worst Career Achievement Award by a landslide! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>