Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (2010)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FINGERING FREDDY for a NOT-SO-SCARY REMAKE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FINGERING FREDDY for a NOT-SO-SCARY REMAKE...
    Posted: September 10 2010 at 9:42pm
He took it well because you accidentally typed "Spiral Tap" instead of "Spinal Tap". . . .
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

He took it well because you accidentally typed "Spiral Tap" instead of "Spinal Tap". . . .
Oh yes, because being off by one letter really makes my point less effective. As long as he understands what I'm saying, who cares?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Raze View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Raze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2010 at 7:55am
This is probably the worst remake ever!! Iremember seeing the original N O E S and had nightmares for a week! Even Friday the 13:th was OK, this is pure crap! Long live Robert Englund, one of the scariest guys alive!!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2010 at 10:27pm
"The worst remake ever"??  That is some achievement, considering the thousand-mile-long list of bad remakes that have been made since remakes first came to be!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:22pm
This has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Horror Movie".Should I be surprised?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 4:24pm
Considering their tastes are the exact opposite of the public, NO!

However, I do think this should at least be nominated for Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake, or Rip-Off.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Vits

This has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Horror Movie".Should I be surprised?
It has "Nightmare On Elm Street" in the title. In the eyes of horror movie lovers, the actual quality doesn't matter so long as those words are in the title.
TheMovieCritic View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheMovieCritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 12:32pm

This film is a nightmare in itself. The only scene I enjoyed from this terrible horror remake is the scene where Freddy is trying to recreate Bruce Banner becoming the Incredible Hulk by ripping his shirt and screaming in slow motion...  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 8:02pm
I guess you could call that sequence "The Incredible Sulk"?!?  

Originally posted by TheMovieCritic

This film is a nightmare in itself. The only scene I enjoyed from this terrible horror remake is the scene where Freddy is trying to recreate Bruce Banner becoming the Incredible Hulk by ripping his shirt and screaming in slow motion...  
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2012 at 6:57pm
Time to finish off Platinum Dunes week with a massively boring remake of one of the greatest horror movies ever. Even though, it's not Platinum Dunes worst, it's the most infuriating because ANOES is the best movie they've ever fumbled.

The good:

Jackie Earle Haley: Haley is great as Freddy. Too bad about the rest of the movie.

Rooney Mara: The future Oscar nominee is good as Nancy.

The bad:

Kyle Gallner: He's pretty bad here. The fact that he survives the movie is infuriating.

The make-up: While it's not as bad as the make-up in Freddy's Dead, the make-up here is dismal. Apparantly, they wanted Freddy to look like an actual burn victim, but it just looks silly. It's acceptable to break from reality sometimes.

The script: The writing is very sloopy and the ending doesn't make any damn sense.

The ugly:

Samuel Bayer: Fun fact: Bayer directed Nirvana's seminal Smells Like Teen Spirit video. Other fun fact: Kurt Cobain hated the original video and re-did parts of it without him. So, he never had any talent to begin with. This explains this movie's poor direction.

Katie Cassidy: Katie Cassidy is one of the worst actresses currently working today. One of my former classmates was a stable-girl for Katie's dad, David. I told her to tell him that she can't act! Yes really.

I'm finally done with Michael Bay's desecrations of horror classics! Grade: C-

Next-up: Alvin And The Chipmunks 3!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2012 at 8:24am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Fun fact: Bayer directed Nirvana's seminal Smells Like Teen Spirit video. Other fun fact: Kurt Cobain hated the original video and re-did parts of it without him. So, he never had any talent to begin with.
That doesn't necessarily means he has no talent. Maybe Cobain was a diva.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2012 at 9:42am
What I meant was that the video that appeared on MTV was the one that Cobain re-did. I, also, checked his videography and the only other music videos that stood out where The Smashing Pumpkins' Bullet With Butterly Wings and Blind Melon's No Rain (a.k.a. the bee girl video). Link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1207904/otherworks
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456