Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > OUR FAMILY WEDDING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forever Let Them Hold Their Piece...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forever Let Them Hold Their Piece...
    Posted: March 11 2010 at 10:07am
WITH EVERY ONE of THEM BEING a BIGGER MONEY-MAKER THAN the LAST, MAYBE IT WAS ONLY a MATTER of TIME BEFORE HOLLYWOOD STARTED RIPPING OFF the FORMULA of "TYLER PERRY MOVIES"...  

THE ONE SURPRISING THING ABOUT OUR FAMILY WEDDING IS THAT OSCAR® WINNER FOREST WHITAKER SOMEHOW GOT TALKED INTO APPEARING in IT. PAYING OFF GAMBLING DEBTS, MAYBE?? JUST KIDDING, BUT THERE's GOTTA BE SOME EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCE to EXPLAIN an ACTOR of WHITAKER's POST-OSCAR® CALIBER TOP-LINING SOMETHING THIS ORDINARY LOOKING.

AND EARLY REVIEWS SUGGEST THIS ONE IS YET ANOTHER NAIL in HOLLYWOOD's "WE CAN'T MAKE a QUALITY ROM/COM to SAVE OUR OWN LIVES" LOSING STREAK. ADD THIS to the BURGEONING LIST of NON-ROMANTIC/NON-COMEDIC ROM/COMs ALREADY UNLEASHED in 2010, and IT STARTS LOOKING LIKE OUR SPECIAL CATEGORY for THIS YEAR's 31st ANNUAL RAZZIES® OUGHT to BE WORST EXCUSE for a ROMANTIC COMEDY...

MENCIA: "Me, I'm just a B-grade Comedy Central stand-up kinda 
guy -- But this here is Forrest Whittaker, a freakin' Oscar® winner, man..."

WHITAKER: "Lest you forget, I was also a RAZZIE® Nominee as 
Worst Supporting Actor for dressing up like The Cowardly Lion in 
BATTLEFIELD EARTH..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2010 at 2:49pm

I should've seen this coming. Carlos Mencia is among the worst comedians of all time (or so I've heard). If Worst Excuse for a Romantic Comedy is the special category for the '010 ("O-Ten") RAZZIES, it'll have even more competition than Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake, or Rip-Off.

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2010 at 6:24pm
Hollywood loves to make reboots of movie these days. I think it's time they reboot genres as a whole next. The rom-com is a top contender for such a thing.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 7:21am
Rom com bomb (ripoff).  Rom com bomb (ripoff).  Rom com bomb (ripoff).  Rom com bomb (ripoff).  Rom com bomb (ripoff).  Rom com bomb (ripoff). . . .

I know...saying a "rom com bomb" and ripoff is redundant.  But this movie appears to go so out of its way to rip off Tyler Perry movies (which are weak to begin with) that it belongs as squarely in the "remakes, sequels and ripoffs" category as much as it belongs in the potential Rom Com Bombs category.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 11:53am
The only Tyler Perry movie I've seen was WHY DID I GET MARRIED,and it was O.K.,but it made me think of Perry as a teen makin'movies right after discoverin'his passion.In fact,I read the movie was adapted from a play he wrote when he was 18.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

this movie appears to go so out of its way to rip off Tyler Perry movies (which are weak to begin with)
And that is why I laughed out loud when he mentioned at the Oscars "I should enjoy hearing my name accounced at the Oscars tonight, because it will never happen again". So true.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2010 at 4:19pm
This looks like another movie filled with mexicans marketin'latinos as "non-white".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2010 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Vits

This looks like another movie filled with mexicans marketin'latinos as "non-white".

Well, there are 44 million Hispanic people living in America today, so there is a market for a mostly Mexican casted movie. Problem is making it a GOOD movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 2:51pm
How can they make a good movie with all the stereotypes.I think I'll watch it if it gets here(Tyler Perry movies never do).I just hope it doesn't offend me more than BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 4:52pm

How can they make a good movie with all the stereotypes.I think I'll watch it if it gets here(Tyler Perry movies never do).I just hope it doesn't offend me more than BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA.
That's the problem. One might try to cater to the Hispanic market, but in the end, they fill the movie with stereotypes. There needs to be a middle ground in which there's the Hispanic cast WITHOUT all the stereotypes. I have seen a lot of Asian American movies with all Asian cast, but without stereotypes, however, when you read the credits, the movies were written by Asian Americans. And that might be the problem. These all Hispanic cast movies are written by white writers, so they write about what they know about Hispanics: stereotypes. It's sad, but true.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 10:47am
Regardless of the stereotypes,the main thing is to not cast mexicans nor anybody from Central America,'cuz they're not white.Unofrtunately,they're the majority of the latinos livin'in the U.S..
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 12:59pm

Regardless of the stereotypes,the main thing is to not cast mexicans nor anybody from Central America,'cuz they're not white.Unofrtunately,they're the majority of the latinos livin'in the U.S..

Why not? There's 44million of them in the USA, some of them probably want to be in movies and the rest would like to see those people in the movies, so why not cater to those groups? Experts say that in 5 or 10 years, whites will become a minority, so Hollywood won't be able to avoid Mexicans and Hispanics forever.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 3:58pm
The non-white latinos are responsable for gringos thinkin'non of us are white.The majority is white,but all of them live in the U.S..I'm just so tired of Carlos Mencia and George Lopez with their "F*ck you,whitey" jokes.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:51pm

The non-white latinos are responsable for gringos thinkin'non of us are white.The majority is white,but all of them live in the U.S..I'm just so tired of Carlos Mencia and George Lopez with their "F*ck you,whitey" jokes.
Oh, so it's a skin color thing? Well, it seems Hispanics in America relate to what Mencia and Lopez are saying, so they won't be going anywhere any time soon.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 6:36am
That's because all of those hispanics are also non-white.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 10:39am

That's because all of those hispanics are also non-white.
Maybe, but are we really going to hate on people for having year-round tans?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>