Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > ONE FOR THE MONEY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION of ONE FOR THE MONEY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of ONE FOR THE MONEY
    Posted: January 25 2012 at 6:45am
HERE's WHERE to LET LOOSE w/YER WELL-AIMED DERISION and EXPESS 'ZACTLY WHATCHA THINK of ONE FOR THE MONEY... 

...AND, JUST for FUN, HERE's the LINK to READ Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's COMMENTARY on THIS FILM! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 6:55am
They really chose a terrible release date for this. It's clear that they're trying to get guys to see it by showing action scenes in the trailer, but most guys would rather see Liam Neeson in Punches With Wolves -- the only guys that'll see this will be dragged to it by their girlfriends or wives. 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 9:24am
I've also got my eye on Man On A Ledge. It has a 10% approval rating at Rotten T and a 37% Metascore. But the reviews on this will probably be in the single digit percentile range, because apparently this wasn't screened for critics.

And before I forget, WHY weren't Killers and Life As We Know It nominated for Worst Actress for Katherine Heigl?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I, too, am perplexed that Heigl has never been a RAZZIE nominee. My labeling of her as a "perennial RAZZIE Bridesmaid" was a (too subtle?) reference to both 27 DRESSES, and to the fact that she perpetually comes in 6th in the field for Worst Actress -- perhaps because her films are so unsuccessful not even our Voting Members bother to see them??  

ZKath View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZKath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 10:12am
I will raise a feeble excuse for this movie.  It is based on the first book in a mystery series by Janet Evanovich, which is, I believe, up to number 17 or 18 now.  I cheerfully admit to being a big fan of the series.  I read One for the Money way back when it came out in the '90's and have wolfed down each sequel.  I like the main character, Stephanie Plum, and her misadventures in life.  Not great literature, but fun reading, as satisfying as coffee and a bag of doughnuts. 

The books also seemed tailor-made for Hollywood, and I'm surprised it's taken them this long to make a movie.

But MY GOD!  Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum?  What were they thinking?  Stephanie needs some grit and sass.  Marisa Tomei could have played her a few years back.  But Katherine Heigl has all the sass of a mayonnaise sandwich on Wonder bread.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 10:18am
Heigl could still be nominated this year for NEW YEAR'S EVE, right? 

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

I, too, am perplexed that Heigl has never been a RAZZIE nominee.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Technically, yes -- If "The Entire Cast of NEW YEAR'S EVE" gets enough votes for Worst Screen Ensemble. But Heigl herself would need a nawful lot of write-in votes to make the final five for either Worst Actress or Worst Supporting Actress of 2011 -- she did not make the Nominating Ballot as an individual performer... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 12:10pm
GTAHater767: Agreed! Stupid Ass Bogan on a Ledge (as I like to call it) looked promising but I'm eyeing it as either a Bonus Worst New Movie of the Week, or I may create a Member-Started Forum for it.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just added an Official Forum for MAN ON A LEDGE (after looking through the reviews/ on R.T.). Here's the LINK for it. 

Thanks for the hedz up, gize! 

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 4:31pm
If I may ask a serious question.... Debbie Reynolds is now 79 years old, gonna turn 80 on April Fools Day, and it got me thinking "What if she suddenly drops dead, and she just happens to be in the top five Worst Supporting Actresses by next year?" I know you do not want posthumous awards for this kind of show. Does this mean she is allowed a Razzie "Get Outta Jail Free Card"? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Wow, whatta morbid thought! Although we have never nominated anyone for a RAZZIE® posthumously, it's bound to happen sooner or later. So far as I know, Reynolds is in fine shape (though I haven't seen her out promoting this film on the talk show circuit) and, even though she will turn 80 on the day we announce this year's RAZZIE® "winners," I see no reason to anticipate her demise, or to concern ourselves with this kind of "what if"... 

Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un and the GOP
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 9:14am
This is pretty sad.  This adaptation of a Janet Evanovich novel skipped out on critics.  If that's any indication, fans of the novel are gonna be left disappointed when they see this movie.  Katherine Heigl has surprisingly managed to dodge the Razzies despite being involved in contenders each of the past four years ("27 Dresses", "The Ugly Truth", "Killers", "Life as We Know It", and "New Year's Eve").  This year, she might not be so lucky.  Also, this film is directed by the director of "The Last Song"; written by an Oscar nominee, one of the creators of "Nurse Jackie", and a rookie; and it also stars Jim Shannon from "Terra Nova", Franco Rivera from "Rescue Me", the voice of Sid from the "Ice Age" movies, and the title character from "The Unsinkable Molly Brown".  The producers listed are one of the producers of "Forrest Gump", one of the producers of "Million Dollar Baby", one of the producers of "Synecdoche, New York", and one who's already in trouble with us for producing "Underworld: Awakening".  This movie could stick with us for a while and earn a lot of nods in 2013.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 10:15am
Maybe we should wait until we see the movie to see if Debbie Reynolds deserves a nomination. Although, the Razzies have a reputation for nominating screen legends for being in lousy movies, and recently, a lot of actresses have been at least in consideration for playing this type of role (including Christine Baranski in THE BOUNTY HUNTER).
ZKath View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZKath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 10:29am
I'm one of the fans of these books Cry, and probably won't see it.  Katherine Heigl should get a Razzie simply for breathing!    

But Janet Evanovich has legions of fans, so the picture may do decent box office its first weekend.  I don't expect to see any sequels, though, unless this movie is much, much better than the previews.  I'm not holding my breath. 

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

This is pretty sad.  This adaptation of a Janet Evanovich novel skipped out on critics.  If that's any indication, fans of the novel are gonna be left disappointed when they see this movie.  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 4:31pm
On the front-page, HeadRazz compares Heigl to Jennifer Aniston. I think that's kind of insulting... to Aniston! Aniston left her show when it ended. Heigl left her show because she thought she was better than it. The worst thing Aniston has done was The Bounty Hunter. Heigl's had three movies (The Ugly Truth, Killers, and New Year's Eve) worse than that.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 6:22pm
The first review for One For The Money came in... and it mentions the Razzies! Link: http://www.toronto.com/article/711532--man-on-a-ledge-and-one-for-the-money-reviews-over-the-edge
ZKath View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZKath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 10:46am
Another Razzie reference, and another big green splat on the Tomato-meter.  http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/27/one-for-the-money-review-does-katherine-heigl-have-fans.html
Good heavens, it sounds like this movie is even worse than I feared.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 10:42am
Well, a positive review came in. The same guy gave positive reviews to Underworld 4, The Darkest Hour, Johnny English Reborn, The Tree Musketeers, Dream House, What's Your Number?, The Change-Up, Transformers 3, Green Lantern, Hangover II, Something Borrowed, and Take Me Home Tonight and negative reviews to Tintin, The Muppets, and A Dangerous Method
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 10:04am
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 1:42pm
I've already given my feelings on Aniston vs Heigl, but I've got another reason why Aniston is the better of the two of them (and why that article is wrong): Aniston ventures out of her comfort zone. Her last movie (Horrible Bosses) wasn't a rom-com and she's been in several non-rom-coms before (i.e. Office Space, The Good Girl, Derailed). But Heigl, since becoming a "star" in 2007, has never made a non-rom-com.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>