Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > ONE FOR THE MONEY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION of ONE FOR THE MONEY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of ONE FOR THE MONEY
    Posted: February 05 2012 at 10:20am
Seems like it won't have an actual R.T. concensus, but it'll stay between 3-7%.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 3:21pm
Recently watched this movie to see if it's Razzie-worthy. This pile of garbage definitely is. 

First problem is the screenplay. This movie is supposed to be funny. The truth is that this crap is as funny as a documentary about a brutal dictator. I really tried to find something funny as I was watching but I couldn't because it wasn't fun to watch at all. Assuming there won't be worse movies coming out Stacy Sherman, Karen Ray and Liz Brixius should get the nod for Worst Screenplay. 

Direction is also poor. Julie Anne Robinson did a terrible job. She made little, if any, effort to get the actors to display on-screen chemistry. Perhaps Julie Anne Robinson is trying to win Worst Director? It wouldn't be surprising. 

Katherine Heigl definitely deserves the Worst Actress nomination. She has failed to show comic talent in the comedies I watched with her as the lead. Apparently Stephanie Plum is supposed to be a one tough woman. Instead Katherine Heigl delivered to the audience a weak and ineffectual character. Heigl's portrayal of Stephanie Plum is a setback in efforts to achieve equality among women and men. Heigl is definitely Worst Actress worthy. 

The supporting cast were quite bland, and that's putting it kindly. Jason O'Mara is unconvincing as the cop on the run. Perhaps he has become fed up playing a law enforcer (Life on Mars, Terra Nova). Sherri Shepherd over-acted in this movie. 

With little on-screen chemistry between the cast Katherine Heigl and Jason O'Mara deserve the nomination for Worst Screen Couple. The entire cast also deserve Worst Screen Ensemble. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Vits

Seems like it won't have an actual R.T. concensus, but it'll stay between 3-7%.

The rating on Rotten Tomatoes has dropped to 2%. So far, so bad. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 9:13pm
Before I start ripping this to shreds (we're skipping the good paragraph again), I'd like to acknowledge that Vheid was right. In The Devil Inside forum, he predicted that Battleship (which won't get a good paragraph either) would be worse than this. I said that Battleship had the potential to be So Bad It's Good. After seeing both, I realize that he was right. 

Jason O'Mara plays terrible as a "dirty" cop who may or may not have shot an innocent civilian (he's mostly known for Terra Nova, a show that gives Enterprise a run as Worst Show That Brannon Braga Worked On). Daniel Sunjata is terrible as Ranger. Yes, the character's name is Ranger. It's not his worst movie, as he narrated the third iteration of Loose Change. Yes, he's a truther. 

Debbie Reynolds is pretty bad as Heigl's senile Grandma. I was going to put her in the bad paragraph, but one of the last movies we watched in my Critical Perspectives Of Film class was Singin' In The Rain* and the quality drop-off is immense! The script is worse than Batlleship's and man does that say a lot! Julie Anne Robinson does as well as someone whose previous movie was a Razzie nominated Miley Cyrus vehicle based on a Nicholas Sparks book. But, worst of all is Katherine Heigl. As Stephanie Plum, she shows no acting competence what-so-ever. Out of her five last movies (this included) only one didn't get an F. (The non-F was Life As We Know It, which got a D-) Her accent is atrocious as well, seeming at times to be random.

Before this movie came out, Heigl indicated that she wouldn't mind returning to Grey's Anatomy. Jesus she's desperate. And stupid if she thinks that they'll forgive her for her unproffesional behavior**! 

Grade: F

Next-up: Battlesh*t!!

*It's the only movie in that class to get a standing ovation.
**For example, she lambasted the producers for making her work 17 hours, when the reason it was 17 hours was because she was given time off to promote The Ugly Truth.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 7:40pm
A few months ago, GREY'S ANATOMY had one of those "What would've happened if..." episodes. Characters from the past came back, except Heigl's, T.R. Knight's and Isaiah Washington's (they all got fired). So, she's not coming back.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Before this movie came out, Heigl indicated that she wouldn't mind returning to Grey's Anatomy. Jesus she's desperate.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 12:00pm
Looks like I was right about them not forgiving her for her past behavior.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2012 at 5:43pm
After I went to the movies to see ARGO a few days ago (thanks for the recomendation; it was good), I thought I'd check this one out. It currently ranks #9 in my all-time worst list, write above SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2 (there are 62 titles so far).

For your consideration:
-Worst Actress for Katherine Heigl. This isn't like in previous years where she was in consideration for starring in bad and for playing the same character over and over. This time, she... is... just... bad!
-Worst Supp. Actor for Daniel Sunjata. But only if he gets a combined nomination with GONE (not with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES).
-Worst Supp. Actor for John Leguizamo. Same as above (with ICE AGE 4).
-Worst Supp. Actress for Debbie Reynolds.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Picture. Move over GONE. I have a new main contender.

I didn't put Worst Screenplay because, according to fans, the movie disrespects the book mostly in the casting department. Odd, since the book has detailed descriptions of the characters.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2013 at 12:40am
I dunno.  I don't feel this movie was all that bad.  I found it to be more lame than bad.  If you want a bad movie about a bounty hunter, then let's talk about The Bounty Hunter, which was laughable for all the wrong reasons.  But this movie?  Let's compare and contrast:  

Both movies bombed with their comedy - their jokes just weren't funny. 

One for the Money has their couple gradually and successfully make the transition from hating each other to being in love with each other over the course of the movie, while Bounty Hunter tries to do the whole transition over one dinner and completely botches it - probably the only part of the movie where I laughed -- and it was supposed to be romantic.  

Both movies had way-too-obvious plots and endings.

One for the Money had some actual moments of good acting - not enough to really talk about, except that it's a definite contrast over the ineptitude of Aniston, Butler and the rest in Bounty Hunter.

I actually found myself caring for the characters in One for the Money, even though the whole premise was ridiculous.  I really hoped the characters killed each other off in Bounty Hunter, and was disappointed even about that. . . .

See what I mean?  If I want to bestow Razzies, I want something at least as bad as The Bounty Hunter, and One for the Money just isn't bad enough.

As for Katherine Heigl's lack of acting skills, well, at least she's more expressive with her face than Jessica Alba has ever been. . . .

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2013 at 9:52am
Do I agree with this film's Razzie nomination for Worst Actress? Let's find out...  

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12