Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & ADD'L INFO on ALVIN 3: CHIP-WRECKED
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Forum DISCUSSION of ALVIN THE 3-HEADED CHIPMUNK...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION of ALVIN THE 3-HEADED CHIPMUNK...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of ALVIN THE 3-HEADED CHIPMUNK...
    Posted: December 13 2011 at 9:03am
AT LAST IT'S "CHIPMUNK SEASON" -- YOUR CHANCE to BLAST ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS: CHIP-WRECKED

LOCK, LOAD...and FIRE AWAY!  

...and HERE's the LINK to READ YE OLDE HEAD RAZZberry's RODENT-ERADICATING TAKE on the FILM!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 10:05am
Even if this isn't the worst movie of this year, is probably the best example of "the evil side of Hollywood. Not only does it have no reason to exist, it seems that it doesn't even have an actual plot... just like the 2nd ALVIN.  

Now, the new additions to this are Alan Tudyk and Jenny Slate (she dropped the F-bomb during her first episode on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, and got fired by the end of the season). Like it matters.

As for potential contenders, Tudyk was also in TRANSFORMERS 3. And THE CHIPPETES are voiced by Christina Applegate (HALL PASS), Anna Faris (TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT and WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?) and Amy Poehler (HOODWINKED 2). But maybe Jason Lee and David Cross will do it. As for Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler and Jesse McCartney, maybe they can be up for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble. If that happens, will they be nominated together or them + THE CHIPPETES?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Vits

As for Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler and Jesse McCartney, maybe they can be up for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble. If that happens, will they be nominated together or them + THE CHIPPETES?
Probably with the Chipettes. Worst Ensemble Cast is supposed to cover as much of the cast as possible.

As for my take, the RAZZIES need to get their act together and nominate this franchise! I'd prefer Worst Prequel or Sequel. I can't stand the fact that the RAZZIES let the Chipmunks evade nominations not once but twice! All because the 5 Worst Picture finalists for 2009 swept the nominations and left almost no room for variety, anything else, or... this franchise! I hate the Chipmunks francise sooooo much, and think the original show was WAY overrated, and the movies NEED a RAZZIE badly!

...say, my intuition tells me that all nominations the Chipmunks franchise could receive are taken from under its nose because the same 3 Decembers in which these films were released were the same years as the Transformers films were released around Half Year's. I just fail to understand exactly why this franchise is the lesser of two evils compared to Bayformers.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 10:32am
HeadRAZZ edited my post. I meant that if they were to be nominated for Worst Couple only, would that include just THE CHIPMUNKS or THE CHIPPETES too?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: We no longer have a category for just Worst Screen Couple -- As of last year, it was re-named Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble... 

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 10:52am
BurnHollywoodBurn and others campaigned for Worst Ensemble cast precisely because they wanted to get rid of triples, quartets, and character medleys. Alvin, Simon, and Theodore are a screen triple, so they don't qualify for Worst Couple alone. It would have to be with the Chipettes as 3 couples in 1 nomination...if they could even nominate any characters in this movie as a couple. It probably won't. In practice, this film only qualifies for that category as an Ensemble.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: My point exactly...sort of. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 11:52am
Yeah, but can't it still be split?    

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

We no longer have a category for just Worst Screen Couple -- As of last year, it was re-named Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble...
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 4:16pm
According to David Cross, this was "the most unpleasant experience" of his career. Apparantly, it wasn't the actors or the director, but someone he didn't mention. Link: http://www.avclub.com/articles/david-cross-calls-alvin-and-the-chipmunks-chipwrec,66562/
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 4:24pm
Didn't Cross also say that about the first movie? So why does he keep coming back? And why are the film-makers letting him?
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 6:38am
Critics can bitch, moan and whine all they like, but that doesn't change the fact that this is very likely to be a hit at the box office -- especially with the Christmas Season coming up. 

Anyway, I noticed that Headrazzberry mentioned that if this film were to get any Razzie Nominations, they might stop making more. But if that were really the case, then they wouldn't have gone ahead and done a third Transformers Film. 

Also no offense but Critics have no impact on a Children's film's box office -- nothing.
Odyssey View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 10:10am
Based on the reviews Alvin 3 is getting, I think it may not be a bad idea to add Justin Long and/or Jason Lee to the Worst Actor list.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 12:53pm

Judging by the slaughtering this film is getting from the critics, 'Alvin 3' is now, as of this post, the movie equivalent of roadkill...

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 2:43pm
They play more like weeps than anything.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 7:13pm
Perhaps it would be appropriate to offer a Worst Screen Couple/Screen Ensemble nomination for Ross Bagdasarian (creator of the horror now known as Alvin and the Chipmunks) and his son Ross Bagdasarian Jr. who is now perpetuating this evil upon another generation. Granted that neither of them actually appear on the screen, but the character of David Seville is really Bagdasarian Sr.'s alter ego and the chipmunks themselves are the evil incarnate of the father/son duo. Time to give credit where it is sorely overdue.  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 6:34am
The previous 2 movies got 20 something % in R.T., and this one got 10-15%: "Lazy, rote, and grating, this film is lowest-common-denominator family entertainment that's strictly for the very, very, very young at heart".
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Perhaps it would be appropriate to offer a worst screen couple/ensemble nomination for Ross Bagdasarian (creator of the horror now known as Alvin and the Chipmunks) and his son Ross Bagdasarian Jr. who is now perpetuating this evil upon another generation. Granted that neither of them actually appear on the screen, but the character of David Seville is really Bagdasarian Sr.'s alter ego and the chipmunks themselves are the evil incarnate of the father/son duo. Time to give credit where it is sorely due.
Isn't Bagdasarian Sr. dead?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 8:27am
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the director of this movie also directed TWO (that's right, TWO) movies that were nominated for Worst Picture (Surviving Christmas and Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo) Yet somehow, this guy did not get a Worst Director nod for either of them. I think that is really surprising.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 10:29am
You mean the international success known as the Chipmunks (yeah, whine all you want). Also that being more evil than the things you listed -- Have you no respect for the dead?  

You may not like the Chipmunks (or critics for that matter), but that doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you!    

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Perhaps it would be appropriate to offer a Worst Screen Couple/Screen Ensemble nomination for Ross Bagdasarian (creator of the horror now known as Alvin and the Chipmunks) and his son Ross Bagdasarian Jr. who is now perpetuating this evil upon another generation. Granted that neither of them actually appear on the screen, but the character of David Seville is really Bagdasarian Sr.'s alter ego and the chipmunks themselves are the evil incarnate of the father/son duo. Time to give credit where it is sorely overdue.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>