Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on ARTHUR (2011)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION of ARTHUR (2011)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of ARTHUR (2011)
    Posted: September 14 2011 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by bigal2011

russel brand?? oh god.. They could have done better than that. His appearance and voice and everything about him irritates me so much. Well it looks like I am not going to watch this movie.Confused
And him and Sandler together in "Bedtime Stories" ... talk about an unwatchable movie!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
bigal2011 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigal2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2011 at 10:51am
russel brand?? oh god.. They could have done better than that. His appearance and voice and everything about him irritates me so much. Well it looks like I am not going to watch this movie.Confused
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Vits

I meant FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL.
Ah, I was about to say, that's pretty high score for a remake which got a lukewarm reception at best.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 12:58pm
I meant FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 11:23am

Welcome.And I don't think you're allowed to judge that movie(which I gave 9/10)because you didn't see really it.
I'm going to regret this ... did you see the original and what are your thought on it?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 7:59am
Welcome.And I don't think you're allowed to judge that movie(which I gave 9/10)because you didn't see really it.
Jasondr View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jasondr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 11:55pm
I might see "Arthur" just out of my sympathy for Jennifer Garner, but not because Russel is in there. If I am not mistaken, he also played in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", which I simply turned off after just a few minutes of watching. It was horrible, to say the least. They tried to make something extraordinary, but they just made another piece of extraordinary sh...
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2011 at 1:05am
I still think that sounds like THE most arrogant (and ego-centric) title you could give a movie (and it deserves a Razzie for that alone).  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

(By the way, is it called "The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D"?)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 8:22pm
I agree. Only REALLY bad stuff that's worse than The Last Airbender can be compared with Seltzerburg... wait a minute! Seppuku? That derives from "setsu" (slice) and "fuku" (abdomen). Don't see Seltzerburg's 2012 film then, because we can't afford for you to slice your abdomen! (By the way, is it called "The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D"?)

On topic: I still support giving this only 1 RAZZIE nom: Hop and Arthur [remake] for Russell Brand.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 8:07pm
Comparing to Seltzerberg is a little harsh: not once during Arthur did I consider sepukku.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 6:42pm
So we weren't too far off when we all claimed that this movie could have easily passed as a Seltzerberg flick entitled "Remake Movie"! 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The pop-culture references: While it's not as bad as the Tranformer scene from Gulliver's Travels, they references are clumsily shoe-horned in and distracting. Also, during the scene where's his dressed-up like Batman, his costume has nipples. We all know my feelings on Bat-nipples.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 2:01pm
Yes, I liked the Aldous Snow movies. As for point two, I know that was a joke, but since they were, most likely, inspired by the Tim Burton Batman movies, it seems odd to have a reference to history's greatest monster's Batman movies. 

Russell Brand: He's so bad, it makes Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him To The Greek look like flukes.

Also, during the scene where's his dressed-up like Batman, his costume has nipples. We all know my feelings on Bat-nipples.
1)Wait.Did you like those 2 movies?
2)I haven't seen this movie,but I get the feeling they made that as a joke.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 1:15pm
That's because they were flukes. The dude is not funny unless he is backed by a good writer/director. 

Russell Brand: He's so bad, it makes Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him To The Greek look like flukes.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 10:59am
1)Wait. Did you like those 2 movies? 

2)I haven't seen this movie, but I get the feeling they made the Batman reference as a joke.  

Also, during the scene where's his dressed-up like Batman, his costume has nipples. We all know my feelings on Bat-nipples.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 8:59am
Got around to seeing this and here's my review. It will be done in the style of my Trannies 3 review. 

The good: 
Greta Gerwig: She's possibly the only true good thing about it. 
Helen Mirren: She was okay as Hobson, not as good as Gielgud was in the original though. 

The bad: 
Nick Nolte: He's not very good and it's obvious that he needs money. 
The script: While the script doesn't match Trannies 3 in it's idiocy, it's still pretty bad.
The song: I hate this song more than words can describe. The only reason it's not in the ugly section because it's not as bad as the original version by Christopher "Grammy theif" Cross.

The ugly: 
Jennifer Garner: While Garner herself isn't ugly, her acting is. The scene where she tries to seduce Arthur is probably the worst. Easily her worst performance since Elektra.
The pop-culture references: While it's not as bad as the Tranformer scene from Gulliver's Travels, they references are clumsily shoe-horned in and distracting. Also, during the scene where's his dressed-up like Batman, his costume has nipples. We all know my feelings on Bat-nipples.

Overall, Arthur is a pointless remake. Other than Brand, Garner, and Worst Remake or Rip-off, I don't see this getting many nods. Grade: C-
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 3:48am
I really hope Greta Gerwig doesn't get nominated for this. She was the only decent thing in this movie....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>