Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on BIG MOMMA: LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION of BIG MOMMAS #3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of BIG MOMMAS #3
    Posted: February 16 2011 at 8:31am
YOU CAN DRESS IT UP, BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE IT PRETTY! 

HERE's WHERE to EXPRESS YOURSELF REGARDING BIG MOMMAS: LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

AND HERE's the LINK to SEE OUR TAKE on THE MOVIE...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 9:12am
I hope this one wil lose a lot of money at the box office. Because this franchise needs to end....NOW!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 9:22am

One actor turned down the opportunity to reprise his role in this film, citing how terrible he thought they were. I cheer him on and wish more actors would do the same, but in this age of people spending beyond their means, not many could afford to turn down such a role.

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 10:19am

Do you know what is more shocking? 85% of the RT Community (the users) liked this film! Something must be wrong with your head when you think the Hollywood equivalent of Nazi Indoctrination looks good.

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 10:37am
Behold, folks, it's because of idiots like those RT users that sequels and movies like this get made in the first place. In order for quality movies to be made, the movie-going audiences have to have quality filters, too. If movie-goers are going to continue paying money to see this kind of bulls***, then Hollywood is going to continue to produce bulls*** like this for them to go see! 

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Do you know what is more shocking? 85% of the RT Community (the users) liked this film! 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 2:20pm
Who turned this down?  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

One actor turned down the opportunity to reprise his role in this film, citing how terrible he thought they were.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 2:35pm
Geez.The other day I was wondering why I don't see Martin Lawrence in movies anymore.Ermm

Brandon T. Jackson will always have my respect for some of the funniest bits in TROPIC THUNDER:"What do you mean by "You people"?"(it's confirmed he improvised that).But this could be a major step-down.Not to mention he's miscast.TRENT should be played by a "Straight face man".Since the producer is David T. Friendly,the same from LIL'MISS SUNSHINE,and the cameos(spoilers obviously)are from Faizon Love and Ken Jeong,this should be called BIG MOMMA 3:THE RISE AND THE MAJOR FALL OF THE MIGHTY.

The writers are Matthew Fogel,who's debuting,and Don Rhymer,who also wrote the other 2 movies.So we should expect more of the same.

The director is John Whitesell(ironic,huh?),who's usually a TV director.His resume only has CALENDAR GIRL,SEE "SPOT" RUN,MALIBU'S MOST WANTED and 3 time Razzie nominee DECK THE HALLS.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 2:50pm
And that is the way of Fox making money because crappy movies deserve a sequel.
Pictures move, do they?
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 5:06pm

When I calculated the ratings on RT under Community, I saw only 12 positive reviews and 28 negative reviews (that's 30%).  On Flixster, 43% want to see it (the site says 70%, but it's outdated).  As for the movie itself, I'll sum it up in three words: Dead On Arrival.

And here's RT's Total Recall of men in drag in the movies: LINK.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

I know, right. It's as if 20th Century Fox, like it's sister company, Fox News, is hellbent on milking money from the stupidity of people who just don't know better by making one moronic movie after the other.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 10:19pm
Fox is not alone.  Viacom is another prime example: your quote makes me think of "Jersey Shore" (and there may be a movie version of that in the future for us to Razz). 

Anyway, I was wondering which would be worse: this or a Baby Geniuses 3?  I... just can't say how horrible this is.  I think it's even below Seltzerberg standards...ugh, why do we have to put up with this?  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

I know, right. It's as if 20th Century Fox, like it's sister company, Fox News, is hellbent on milking money from the stupidity of people who just don't know better by making one moronic movie after the other.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 9:58am
I sincerely hope we nominate this for Worst Picture.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 10:12am
Wait a minute! Don't say that! Both of the BABY GENIUS movies and the Seltzerberg saga have 0-5% good reviews. The first BIG MOMMA had 30. I know that's bad, but even if this one scores 0, the average  % would be around 15, making it another level of standard. 

Originally posted by Berrynoia

Anyway, I was wondering which would be worse: this or a Baby Geniuses 3?  I...just can't say how horrible this is.  I think it's even below Seltzerberg standards...ugh, why do we have to put up with this?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 12:37pm
A movie version of "Jersey Shore"??  I feel rage ...  

They are not alone.  Viacom is a prime example: your quote makes me think of "Jersey Shore" (and there may be a movie version of that in the future for us to Razz).
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 6:09am
Oh wow. Another "Real Cancun" -- just what we needed!!  Ouch  

Fox is not alone.  Viacom is another prime example: your quote makes me think of "Jersey Shore" (and there may be a movie version of that in the future for us to Razz). 
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 10:59am
Oh yeah, THAT movie, from back in the day. Thankfully, it totally bombed. However, I am fearful that a "Jersey Shore" movie would be much more successful due to its fanbase of idiots and people who just can't look away from a train wreck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>