Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & ADD'L INFO on GREEN LANTERN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION of GREEN LANTERN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of GREEN LANTERN
    Posted: June 16 2011 at 4:45pm
Yikes! When the Muppets are mocking your movie, you KNOW you did something wrong!  

Originally posted by Vheid

The Muppets are apparently mocking the Green Lantern-promotion . link

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 5:12pm
I wonder how Blake Lively is in this movie?? 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 6:21pm
Roger Ebert(2.5/4):"It doesn't intend to be plausible.It intends to be a sound-and-light show,assaulting the audience with sensational special effects.If that's what you want,that's what you get".
Originally posted by 27years

Brunette.LOL
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 6:59pm
I think more people are interested in her leaked cell phone nude photos than her performance.  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 7:19pm
Not to get too gossipy, but do you think those pictures have helped or hindered her quest to be a serious actress? Or do a lot of people just not care anymore as it has happened "accidentally" to so many others?  
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 7:30pm
This has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the year thus far.  I think its only real shots at Razzies are in the categories of Worst Actor and Worst Remake or Ripoff.  Ryan Reynolds would be competing against Russell Brand, Nicolas Cage, and Alex Pettyfer for Worst Actor; while the film itself would be up against 'The Roommate', 'Red Riding Hood', and 'Just Go With It' in the contest for Worst Remake or Ripoff.

And by the way, IMDb says that the budget was $150M, not $200M.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: In  the L.A. Times article about likely grosses for LANTERN's opening weekend (LINK) they pegged the production budget as "more than $200 million" (and the ad/promo budget as about $125 million). And I'll take the word of the L.A. Times over that of the IMDb any day!  

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 7:51pm
It's official: The Muppets have found a way to still be funny and kick ass!  

Originally posted by Vheid

The Muppets are apparently mocking the Green Lantern-promotion . link 
Pictures move, do they?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 3:32am

Miguel, What problem do you have with Ryan Reynolds? I personally think that he's a decent actor, So why are you so sure that he will not be any good in this movie (a movie you havn't even seen yet). Just asking out of curiosity...

I also don't think that you can predict at such an early stage which movies will get nominated and which movies will not...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 7:15am
Actually, it was $300 million, according to Yahoo Movies. There's no way in hell you can have that much CGI in your movie and it be under a $200 million budget (that's the one and only lesson we learned from "Skyline")!  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

And by the way, IMDb says that the budget was $150M, not $200M.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 7:18am
Depends on her acting choices. If she does more serious dramas, she can go far. If she plays the cheesecake roles, she's stay eye candy. But the moral of the story, don't send nude photos of yourself via your smartphone, because chances are someone will hack your phone or your boyfriend will release them online because you're famous. Why is that so hard for these young starlets to understand?  

Not to get too gossipy, but do you think those pictures have helped or hindered her quest to be a serious actress? Or do a lot of people just not care anymore as it has happened "accidentally" to so many others?  
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 7:19am
Don't diss the facts: 82% percent from user score and lots of applauses from screenings. Plus every major Green Lantern says it disappointing or great -- screw the critics!    

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I think you've misunderstood what that "82%" figure at RT means -- It's not a rating by users who've seen the film, it's a meter of how many users wanted to see the film before it was released... 

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

The audience reaction from the screening was very positive. Looks like this is a movie that the critics hate but the audience will love. I am also appalled this on here. This looks great, f the critics.
Looking great doesn't mean you are great when it comes to storytelling. "Transformers 2" was ripped apart by critics and won 3 major Razzies, but that didn't stop it from becoming the 11th highest grossing movie of all time. Conclusion: audiences just like looking at pretty colors, critics actually know what they are talking about.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 7:21am
Yeah, it has 82% rating among audiences. So? That doesn't prove any of those people know what a good movie is if they were mauled by one. It just proves they like seeing metric-f*** tons of CGI. Critics know and audiences blow.  

Don't diss the facts 82% percent from user score and lots of applauses from screenings. Plus every major Green Lantern says it disapointing or great, screw the critics.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 7:25am
1. I doubt Reynolds' performance is on par with the likes of Nicolas Cage's many recent ... paydays. 

2. Why Worst Remake or Ripoff? It's not a sequel or remake of any past movie. It MIGHT be on the voting ballot for Worst Picture, but I doubt it will make it into the final five nods. 

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Ryan Reynolds would be competing against Russell Brand, Nicolas Cage, and Alex Pettyfer for Worst Actor; while the film itself would be up against 'The Roommate', 'Red Riding Hood', and 'Just Go With It' in the contest for Worst Remake or Ripoff.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 8:00am
I never trust the critics. I've liked a lot of movies they've hated, and the audience is what matters anyway, not some snobby critics (well it's now down to 72% but I suspect those trolls on IMDB have voted).
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 8:01am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I think you've misunderstood what that "82%" figure at RT means -- It's not a rating by users who've seen the film, it's a meter of how many users wanted to see the film before it was released... 

Actually that was 95% percent now 72% liked it, but when I first posted it 82% liked it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 8:11am
Hey, you're free to like whatever you like ... but critics are not snobs, they just happen to know more about what makes a GOOD movie. And yes, audiences do matter ... for the business end of movie making. And critics DO matter, because right around Oscar time, audiences flock to the movies that are up for Oscar nods, and more often than not, those same movies were the highest rated by critics. Critics name the best movies, those same movies get Oscar nods, audiences see those said movies to see what the big deal is. 

See, critics DO matter! But don't be bitter because they are bad-mouthing a movie you want to see. 

I never trust the critics. I've liked a lot of movies they've hated, and the audience is what matters anyway, not some snobby critics (well it's now down to 72% but I suspect those trolls on IMDB have voted).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>