Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & ADD'L INFO on GREEN LANTERN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION of GREEN LANTERN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of GREEN LANTERN
    Posted: June 17 2011 at 8:13am
Oh, goodie, so this guy wasn't even pointing out information that had anything to do with audiences actually liking the movie? Wonderful!  

Originally posted by HeadRAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I think you've misunderstood what that "82%" figure at RT means -- It's not a rating by users who've seen the film, it's a meter of how many users wanted to see the film before it was released... 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 8:28am
whatsthepoint is not going to like this, but I found this list of the 9 most "scathing" Green Lantern-reviews: link
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 8:34am
Reviews from critics? I could care less! The only thing I care about is the fans, and so far, they've been giving this a positive response.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 9:36am

I am assuming that you're going to see it tonight (or this weekend). If so, could you post a little review (and tell a bit of the plot) about what you thought of it afterwards?   

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

The reviews from critics I could care less. The only thing I care about is the fans, and so far they've been giving it positive response.

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 9:51am
I think I could, but not tonight -- I'm little busy. I might have time to post it tomorrow (if I get an extra hour).
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 10:02am
whatsthepoint:  Please, don't feel rushed, do it when you have the time. I am just interested in a fan's perspective on the movie...    
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 10:22am
Ryan Reynolds is appearing in a second movie this year ("The Change-Up") and if that movie is as bad as it looks, then he probably will be in the running for Worst Actor.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 10:33am
Miguel, Indeed, but The Change-Up is going to be released in the same weekend as Reboot of the Planet of the Apes which I think will be one of the biggest bombs this summer.... So it might be overshadowed...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Vheid

I also don't think that you can predict at such an early stage which movies will get nominated and which movies will not...
Ain't that what we all do?
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Why Worst Remake or Ripoff? It's not a sequel or remake of any past movie.
It's adapted from a comic book.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 11:59am
Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Reviews from critics? I could care less! The only thing I care about is the fans, and so far, they've been giving this a positive response.
^Sounds like the reply of a fanboy who's upset the critics trashed the movie he was most looking forward to seeing, if you ask me.^
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Vits

"Why Worst Remake or Ripoff? It's not a sequel or remake of any past movie."

Then it's not a remake or a rip-off, it would be Worst ADAPTATION.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Ryan Reynolds is appearing in a second movie this year ("The Change-Up") and if that movie is as bad as it looks, then he probably will be in the running for Worst Actor.
Oh yeah, I forgot he's in that movie, too. But even if he does get the nod, it's going to be near impossible for him to win with the likes of Nicolas Cage in that same category!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 12:20pm

Just got back from this: it's on par with Sucker Punch. The only good parts were the non-Hal Jordon Green Lanterns: Mark Strong was good as Sinestro, Geoffrey Rush was a fine Tomar-Re, and Michael Clarke Duncan IS Killawog, poozer*! The main problem I had was that Hal acted more like Kyle Rayner** than Hal Jordon. Now, I don't usually mention adaptation changes unless they're absolutely horrible like here. Grade: C

*Whenever I read Green Lantern, I always imagined MCD as Killawog, even before he was cast.
*Kyle Raynor is another human Green Lantern.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Then it's not a remake or a rip-off, it would be Worst ADAPTATION.
You're kidding,right?Why do you think so many adaptations get nominated in that category?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 1:58pm

You're kidding,right?Why do you think so many adaptations get nominated in that category?
Not to speak for Burn, but I think he's saying that Worst Remake or Ripoff should be literally for either a remake or a movie that is a ripoff of another movie, ie "Killers" being a ripoff of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" or "Skyline" being a ripoff of "Battle LA" (or whichever was filmed first).

An adaptation is not a ripoff, since chances are legal rights had to be bought in order to make the movie in the first place. Take note from The Asylum and their "mockbusters". "Transmorphers" is a ripoff of "Transformers". However, I don't recall there ever being another movie about an Earth man being given a magic ring that gives him the ability to create solid matter from light. Yes, there are the comics and cartoons that GL has appeared in, but again, that falls under adaptation rules again.

Personally, I think "ripoff" should be excluded and the category be only about sequels, prequels, remakes, and reboots, not wannabe movies copying from successful movies.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The main problem I had was that (Ryan Reynolds) acted more like Kyle Rayner than Hal Jordon.
My thoughts exactly! The moment I heard Reynolds was given the part, I thought "Oh man, he'd be the perfect Kyle Rayner!". Then I found out it was Hal Jordan they were going with and I thought "But Jordan is a boring straight-faced guy". Yeah, it's really mind-boggling how DC and WB doesn't seem to know their own characters and how they should behave.

PS: For those of you who don't follow comics, Kyle Rayner is an artist who takes up the mantel of Earth's Green Lantern later on in the series. He's pretty much DC's answer to Peter Parker/Spider-Man, ie. he cracks alot of jokes and he faces real life problems when not being a superhero. He's my favorite of the human Green Lanterns. Okay, end of fanboy moment.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>