Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > X-PRESS YOURSELF...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FORUM DISCUSSION of OUR 2010 CHOICES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FORUM DISCUSSION of OUR 2010 CHOICES...
    Posted: March 04 2011 at 3:18pm
Since I didn't see a lot of the movies that won,I say I'm happy that you chose the worst reviewed of the year.

I still disagree with you awarding the Four Gal Pals "Worst Actress",because then "Worst Ensemble" seems pointless.

Also,I've been hearing a lot that users chose people that were long overdue for a Razzie,or that most likely won't be nominated again.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Vits

I still disagree with you awarding the Four Gal Pals "Worst Actress",because then "Worst Ensemble" seems pointless.
My point exactly. The Worst Ensemble was suppose to rid the Razzies of the whole leading cast winning the single actor/actress awards.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 5:04am
Does anyone here thinks Sarah Jessica Parker would've been nominated alone?And would she had won?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 5:22am
The reason they had all four jointly nominated for worst actress was so that there would be more room for the worst supporting actress section, and I personally have no problem with that.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 7:38am
Originally posted by oiram

The reason they had all four jointly nominated for worst actress was so that there would be more room for the worst supporting actress section, and I personally have no problem with that.
I understand that, but most people feel only Parker and Cattrall were the only ones worthy of a Razzing, and lumping the other actresses into one category didn't seem right, and then them winning Worst Ensemble was just beating a dead horse with a stick.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 1:19pm
Remeber when I suggest Kim Cattrall for Worst Supp. Actress?I hated her performance in THE GHOST WRITER,and it could've been an excuse for her to also win for SEX & THE CITY 2.It was established the Four Gal Pals were equally leading in the movie.If she had been considered apart form the other 3,would she have been up for Actress or Supp. Actress?

Does anyone here thinks Sarah Jessica Parker would've been nominated alone?And would she had won?
You didn't answer.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 1:32pm

I think she would have been nominated (but then again i also thought Katherine Heigl and Kirsten Bell were shoe-ins for that categore).

But i don't think she would have won.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by DaveThePhotoGuy

I know I answered my own question, but I still can't believe "Vapmpires Suck Balls" didn't win. I have seen them both, and I would rather watch/buy "Last Airbender" than "Vampires Suck Balls." I can see "LAB" becoming a guilty pleasure in years to come, whilst "VSB" has no redeeming qualities at all.
I can very nearly guarantee you that if Freidberg and Seltzer ever win a Razzie, within 24 hours they will hold an enormous press conference and joyously announce, "FINALLY! Someone understands our work!" These are the only two guys in Hollywood who would consider winning a Razzie to be a vindication, which is precisely why they should never win one.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I can very nearly guarantee you that if Freidberg and Seltzer ever win a Razzie, within 24 hours they will hold an enormous press conference and joyously announce, "FINALLY! Someone understands our work!" These are the only two guys in Hollywood who would consider winning a Razzie to be a vindication, which is precisely why they should never win one.
So, what you're implying is that Seltzerberg have talent, they just make bad movies on purpose so that they can win a Razzie because only award is better than no awards?
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 6:17pm
And is the problem with those two retarded retards, saturnwatcher, they won't understand or do, the concept of "the razzies".

To use a quote from a leading film critic in Britain...(some words have changed but the point is the same)

"how do you know if you are watching a comedy? you laugh at least six times in the entire movie"

As I never laughed once in "Vampires Suck Balls" I can safely say that it is not a comedy in the true sense of the word and that these guys are hacks of the highest order, but as there seems to be a market for these two f**kholes in the world there is not much we can do.

But as I have said before, I can see "Last Airbender" becoming a "Showgirls" and "Battlefield Earth" being seen as a so bad is good movie, and I know which movie I would prefer to buy out of "Vampires Suck Balls" & "The Last Airbender"
I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

So, what you're implying is that Seltzerberg have talent, they just make bad movies on purpose so that they can win a Razzie because only award is better than no awards?
I never meant to imply for a second that they have talent, merely that they are achieving what they intend to achieve. Essentially, they set out to create crap and they succeed in doing it. It doesn't take nearly as much talent or effort to burn down a barn as it does to build one. These two guys are just a couple of morons with a book of matches and a hope that someone out there will appreciate, or at least pay attention to their brand of pyromania.  I don't think we need to be the ones to reward intentional bad behavior.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if these guys ever win a Razzie, for the rest of their careers they'll wear it like a badge of honor. Every film they make there after will carrry the tagline, "From the Razzie winning directors of (insert the title of one of their future efforts).
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I never meant to imply for a second that they have talent, merely that they are achieving what they intend to achieve. Essentially, they set out to create crap and they succeed in doing it. It doesn't take nearly as much talent or effort to burn down a barn as it does to build one. These two guys are just a couple of morons with a book of matches and a hope that someone out there will appreciate, or at least pay attention to their brand of pyromania.  I don't think we need to be the ones to reward intentional bad behavior.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if these guys ever win a Razzie, for the rest of their careers they'll wear it like a badge of honor. Every film they make there after will carrry the tagline, "From the Razzie winning directors of (insert the title of one of their future efforts).
Ah, so they are just attention whores. Okay then.
hellomark View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellomark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2011 at 12:20am
Hello! I am Hellomark from California, and new to this thread. Your thread information is really very informative...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2011 at 6:01am
Welcome,and thank you.
RTF View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote RTF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 9:31am
I thought the main kid (Noah Ringer) in Airbender was pretty good for being a first time actor. You're right, the movie kind of blew. However, anything with Justin Kutcher is about 100 times worse, so I'd give my vote to his movies everytime.
oliviacrony View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliviacrony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 9:56pm
Voted for the films and yes my choices won...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>