Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE RITE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FORUM DISCUSSION of THE RITE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FORUM DISCUSSION of THE RITE...
    Posted: January 24 2011 at 6:32pm
Actually, my statement was edited from what it originally was.

I seriously don't know why everyone gets so upset by how I word my messages. If you know that it's just my opinion, what does it matter if it comes across like it's a fact. I mean, what person doesn't live their life thinking that their personal opinions are facts? If you don't agree with what I say, then simply state why you disagree and that's all there is to it.  

Originally posted by Vheid

BHB -- Shouldn't you have said "That is why i feel that "The Rite" will be much worse."?  

Or, after you've seen both, "
That is why i feel that "The Rite" is much worse." 

I prefer having a discussion/conversation with someone where the other person isn't stating his opinion as fact (I didn't do that, so why should you?). Could you please try to not do that, because it kind of feels like you're forcing your opinion on us all.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 8:19pm
I too am growing kind of tired with the medias obsesion with spoiled rich girls  Remember these classic quotes? "If you don't RSVP for Hell on Earth 2006, then you're a loooooserrrrr!!!"  "Get out of the way, Hitler! You're ruining my entrance! GAAWWLL!!!" "Acura cake?! But I wanted a Ferrari!" "It's not about them! IT'S ALL ABOUT MEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Meanwhile, The Rite and The Mechanic are both getting "average" reviews from critics. You could be right about From Prada to Nada.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 3:25am
Burn, No, i wouldn't KNOW that you meant it as an opinion. I would ASUME you meant it as an opinion. The problem with stating opinions as facts is that you leave no room for the other persons arguments. I feel that the discussion then has a much more aggressive tone to it. The difference for me is that when two people are arguing while stating there opininions they have a discussion and when two people are arguing while stating there opinions as facts they have a fight. I personally believe this is because when someone questions something that for instance i see as a fact, he questions (or in my personal believe at that moment "attacks") something that i KNOW, which of course leads to a angrier response by me. When someone questions something i see as an opinion, he questions something i THINK, which makes me able to defend my thoughts in a much calmer and thought out matter. I asume if you approached opinions as opinions you would not only give others more room for a discussion, you would also give yourself more room for a discussion.

So is it really so hard to adjust the wording in your posts?

I am sorry that it took so long to respond. I am not a native English speaker, so i needed some time to formulate my thoughts on the subject.

GTAhater, We won't know for sure untill more reviews show up. As for South Park, i havn't seen the show in a while mainly because i got a bit tired of it.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 5:10am
Well sorry, Vheid, if my wording offended you.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 11:09am
The Rite is at 17% now on RT
The Mechanic at 63% and i guess it will remain somewere near that rating (probably not a razzie contender)
From Prada To Nada has no reviews yet and it probably won't get any untill the weekend starts (meaning not screened for critics)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 4:44pm
Chances are none of those movies will make it to the final nods for next year.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 5:18pm
I know that, Burn. But let me have my fun at predicting the worst excuse for a movie this week.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 11:12am
Okay, but "Rite" having its own forum while those other two movies don't is a tell-tale sign it's the clear winner.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 7:11pm

I was disgusted by the grotesque scenes in the trailer and I don't think my eyes can take much more of it.  RT's critical consensus says that the film's weak points are its 'dawdling pace', 'lack of chills', and 'Colin O'Donoghue's tentative performance'.  What's interesting is that six of RT's Top Critics gave it a favorable review.  Maybe they saw something I don't?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 7:57pm
That is why I think that some critics could very well be paid off by the strudios to give their movies good reviews...  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

What's interesting is that six of RT's Top Critics gave it a favorable review.  Maybe they see something I don't.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 8:20pm
I'm not so sure that's the case.  One of them was Roger Ebert.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2011 at 6:03am
Don't know if you care, but I ran a poll about who's the people's favorite critic. These were the results: 
1)Peter Travers 7%  
2)Gene Siskel 7%  
3)Richard Roeper 10% 
4)Roger Ebert 32% 
5)Leonard Maltin 42%  

'Colin O'Donoghue's tentative performance'.

What does that mean?

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2011 at 8:45am
Just because he's the most famous critic in America, that doesn't mean Ebert is the perfect critic. 

I'm not so sure that's the case.  One of them was Roger Ebert.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2011 at 8:46am
Really, Leonard Maltin of all people? Well, he does have one of the largest annual catalogs of every movie he has ever seen, so that would be a movie buff's dream.  

Originally posted by Vits

Don't know if you care, but I made a poll about who's the people's favorite critic.These were the results:
1)Peter Travers 7%.
2)Gene Siskel 7%.
3)Richard Roeper 10%.
4)Roger Ebert 32%.
5)Leonard Malkin 42%.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2011 at 1:11pm
This is being called Anthony Hopkins's 2nd worst movie ever after COMPANY MAN with Chris Rock. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Apparently they've forgotten A CHANGE OF SEASONS, for which Hopkins was a Worst Actor nominee our berry first year, 1980. Here's an IMDb LINK... 

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Really, Leonard Maltin of all people? Well, he does have one of the largest annual catalogs of every movie he has ever seen, so that would be a movie buff's dream.

I didn't vote, by the way. My favorite critics are Brett Erlich & Ellen Fox. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2011 at 4:55pm

Let me guess: Ben Affleck wasn't the first to make a movie called The Company Men, right?

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>