Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE RITE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FORUM DISCUSSION of THE RITE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FORUM DISCUSSION of THE RITE...
    Posted: January 23 2011 at 8:08am
THE DEVIL YOU SAY?  HERE's WHERE to SAY IT!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 8:27am
I am one of those perverse people who found the original Exorcist hilariously funny...   

So naturally, I can't wait to see what looks like an even more guffaw-ful knock-off of that film! 
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 9:46am

The Mechanic is still on my radar for its director. I hope that on January 28, both this and The Mechanic get negative reviews so you can add a forum for The Mechanic as well. The director of The Mechanic, Simon West, also directed the #11 Worst Film of 2001, Lara Croft Tomb Raider.

By the way, all these exorcism films are getting on my nerves. I still haven't forgotten The Haunting of Molly Hartley (#27 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2008).
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 10:49am
So Material Girls 2: From Prada to Nada isn't on the Razzie radar?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 11:12am
The problem with From Prada to Nada is its seemingly limited release. As cvcjr13 and I have done several times, you could add a forum for it if it bombs with critics.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 11:18am
This would simply be the best "bad" movie of the year, if these two had an intense creepy staring contest in it.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 11:51am
Maybe, but i'll probably won't go through so much trouble. Let's just say for example that it bombs with critics. Wouldn't that automatically cause a discussion on this forum about the film which would bring it eventually on the Razzie radar. If not, to bad. I atleast mentioned it it once (or twice) to make people kind of aware of it. Which is good enough for me.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 5:14pm
Just to clarify: Which movie do you think will be worse? This or FROM PRADA TO NADA? 

Never underestimate the power of a movie that seems so bad it's good --It may actually be good!  

This seems good to me. I'm not one of those people who think a movie with a great actor can't suck. But I am partial about Anthony Hopkins. Anyway, the trailer seemed pretty chilling to me. I just hope it isn't too similar to ANGELS & DEMONS

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 8:37pm
I think this is worse, because as HeadRazz said, it's a once-great Oscar winning actor, just going from paycheck to paycheck.  

Originally posted by Vits

Just to clarify: Which movie do you think will be worse? This or FROM PRADA TO NADA?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 12:17am
I actually saw a trailer for 'The Rite' when I went to see '127 Hours', and I sat there after the trailer thinking 'we've got one!'.

(7 posts to go until 100)
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 9:04am
Vits, I think From Prada to Nada looks slightly worse than The Rite but they both look awfull.

I am growing kind of tired with the medias obsesion with spoiled rich girls (everything from My Super Sweet 16 to Paris Hilton). It's NOT fun to look at rich girls getting everything they want it's extremely anoying.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 11:52am
Don't get me wrong, spoiled rich girls being humbled movies need to go away, but Anthony Hopkins, this man has talent and clout in Hollywood, and yet he seems to be like Nic Cage and will accept whatever screenplay is put in front of him. It's just sad to see him going from paycheck to paycheck, not caring about his performances. That is why "The Rite" is much worse.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 12:31pm
BHB -- Shouldn't you have said "That is why i feel that "The Rite" will be much worse."?  

Or, after you've seen both, "
That is why i feel that "The Rite" is much worse." 

I prefer having a discussion/conversation with someone where the other person isn't stating his opinion as fact (I didn't do that, so why should you?). Could you please try to not do that, because it kind of feels like you're forcing your opinion on us all.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 12:56pm
But will PRADA be a satire about the subject of spoiled rich girls, or about that subject itself?  

Originally posted by Vheid

I am growing kind of tired with the medias obsesion with spoiled rich girls (everything from My Super Sweet 16 to Paris Hilton). It's NOT fun to look at rich girls getting everything they want it's extremely anoying.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:07pm
Vits, It probably will not be. It's being marketed as Jane Austen with a latino-twist. And even if it were a satire, i still have to look at obnoxious spoiled behavior for the entire running of that movie.

Anyway what do YOU think will be worse From Prad to Nada or The Rite, oh and If you think that they both look good, just say it. I won't judge you for it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 3:06pm
Now that I know it won't be a satire I choose FROM PRADA TO NADA.It's very hard for me to get scared but I feel THE RITE will do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>