Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE ROOMMATE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FORUM DISCUSSION of THE ROOMMATE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FORUM DISCUSSION of THE ROOMMATE
    Posted: January 30 2011 at 1:26pm
ROOMMATES -- Can't Live with 'Em...Might DIE with 'Em!     

YOUR ASSIGNMENT: CONSIDER and DISCUSS BELOW.    

TO READ OUR TAKE on THIS FILM, CLICK HERE... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 1:33pm
I always find it very poor taste when a movie doesn't acknowledges that it's a remake, by for instance changing it's title.
Just call it Single White Female: The Remake or Single White Female 3. But don't go around pretending that it's an original movie (which it's not).
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 7:03pm
I'm inclined to agree with you, Vheid.  I think this is indeed our first candidate for next year's Razzie for Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff, or Sequel!  
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 7:24pm
Yeah, and it's hard to have your lead villain come off as being evil when she has such a baby face on her.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 7:57pm
Burn, i read somewere that Leighton Meester was originally cast as the lead in this film. But something happened (don't know what) and she ended up getting the crazy chick-part.

You could call it smart casting because you would never see it coming that someone with her face was a crazy murderous killer (unless you saw the trailer and other promotional material before seeing the film, but off course that would be very unlikely.)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 8:51pm
I don't, it's just that remaking thriller movies that originally starred grown adults with teenagers or 20-somethings just doesn't work for me. Yes, people in their teens and 20s can be murders, too, but in terms of movies, it just doesn't come across as scary because, as I said, they are too cute-looking to be taken seriously as villains.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 9:01pm
Oh that's what you meant. Clearly they are aiming for a younger audience. From around my age or younger that have presumably never seen or heard of this film before.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 9:19pm
I would probably be no better as the villain of this film. I was born at the end of 1990, but I've been told I look like I was born in 1996 about thrice, and one person said 1998. With my recent haircut, they may not say I look quite that young anymore, but I look too young to be believable as a murderer. If you want a real scary looking character who'd be more believable as a murderer, give them frizzly thin grey hair, teeth the color of yellow and beige combined, wrinkles all over their face, large hands and furry arms, and very poorly-maintained fingernails. However, this might make it TOO obvious.

As for this film, I still remember Sorority Row back in September 2009. It got a forum here, but was nowhere near the worst film of that year. Now they're trying it again with a literal roommate from Hell. All in all, I'd say this film is probably going to get 14% at Rotten Tomatoes.

(600th post! Roppyaku-ban!)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 9:29am
I find 14% a bit low, i am thinking more of somewere in the 20's...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 2:48pm
The first time I saw this trailer I actually laughed and got scared at the same time.I think I'll watch this.
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

I think this is indeed our first candidate for next year's Razzie for Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff, or Sequel!
You mean the second.The first is the one you've called the rip-off of THE EXORSIST.
Originally posted by Vheid

Burn, i read somewere that Leighton Meester was originally cast as the lead in this film. But something happened (don't know what) and she ended up getting the crazy chick-part.
From the moment I saw the trailer to the moment I saw the photo in the forum,I can't tell those 2 apart!

Clearly they are aiming for a younger audience. From around my age or younger that have presumably never seen or heard of this film before.
May I ask how old are you?
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I was born at the end of 1990, but I've been told I look like I was born in 1996 about thrice, and one person said 1998.
Me too!
Originally posted by GTAHater767

f you want a real scary looking character who'd be more believable as a murderer, give them frizzly thin grey hair, teeth the color of yellow and beige combined, wrinkles all over their face, large hands and furry arms, and very poorly-maintained fingernails. However, this might make it TOO obvious.
Yep.

That actually brings another point.I think this isn't a rip-off of the "Girl stalking girl" genre,but rather any "Psycho with non-psycho look" movie.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 3:03pm
21, Vits
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 3:05pm
I'm 20.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 8:58am
Still, this movie is nothing more than "Single White Female Goes To College". I know I said that movies need to be re-introduced to a new generation in order for it to be remember for decades to come, but re-inventing the movie isn't always the best way to go, because it will get watered down in the process.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 12:20pm
I saw last night E! News and they interviewed Minka and Leighton and the latter admitted that this is lik SINGLE WHITE FEMALE and she didn't seem to care,nor to Ben Lyons.

Let's be honest:Of those who want to see this movie,how many want because you hope for a lesbian scene?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 3:23pm
That's what i mean. Meester admited that it was like Single White Female, but the screenwriter of that film doesn't get a single credit for this. They're selling it as an original script, which i think is just wrong.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 6:10pm

That's what i mean. Meester admited that it was like Single White Female, but the screenwriter of that film doesn't get a single credit for this. They're selling it as an original script, which i think is just wrong.
Yeah, they should just add the credit in the screenplay "Based on the movie Single White Female". At least that would be honest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>