Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Poll on a GOOD MOVIE, for a Change!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Discussion: DARK KNIGHT RISES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Discussion: DARK KNIGHT RISES
    Posted: July 16 2012 at 8:22am
HERE's WHERE to EXPOUND at LENGTH ABOUT WHETHER YOU LIKED, LOATHED (or INTENTIONALLY AVOIDED) the LATEST LIKELY BLOCKBUSTER from CHRISTOPHER NOLAN, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.

IF YOU HAVEN'T YET VOTED in OUR FORUM POLL, HERE's the LINK to DO SO...

AND IF YOU'RE NOT YET a VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBER and WANT to BE, HERE's THAT LINK...

NOW THAT WASN'T SO BERRY BAT...WAS IT?!? 

BONUS LINK: CLICK HERE to READ the L.A. TIMES' ADVANCE REVIEW of RISES, an UNMITIGATED RAVE from the USUALLY SNOBBISH KENNETH TURAN... 

ADDITIONAL BONUS LINK: THE THURSDAY MIDNIGHT SHOWINGS of RISES (AT ONE of WHICH the NOW INFAMOUS COLORADO SHOOTING INCIDENT OCCURRED) TOOK in a BAT-TASTIC TOTAL of $30 MILLION - LINK...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 8:29am
Aw crud. There goes the "Making a forum for Step Up Revolution now" idea.

Anyways, I have full confidence in this movie from what I hear about. Some people complained about Anne Hathaway being cast as Catwoman, but I have not heard any ill-will toward her actual performance. I think it may beat Avengers critically, but not financially. Sorry, I just don't see it happening.

HeadRazz, what are YOUR thoughts on this series? I think I once saw somewhere that you are not really the biggest fan of comic book films, but might this be an exception?   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not to worry on your early Forum for STEP UP 4 idea -- I am awaiting response from our Tech Maven on a graphic to go with the discussion, and will likely have it set up by mid-week (although it won't be promoted on our Main Page until July 27)...

As for my not being "the biggest fan of comic book movies," you did get that  right. I am, however (since first seeing MEMENTO about a decade ago) a HUGE fan of Christopher Nolan, who is among the few current movie-makers in Hollywood who actually demands that his audiences bring their brains with them to the multi-plex. I am also a big fan of INCEPTION. I will admit that I found BATMAN BEGINS a tad flat, and the previous DARK KNIGHT had so dark a world view as to be depressing. But there's still a Berry Good Chance I will at least enjoy DARK KNIGHT RISES on some level...  

Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 2:02pm
How funny that people are already voting.

What if the movie turns out to be... you know... bad? It's unlikely, but not impossible. Remember other sagas where the first 2 were so good and the 3rd one dissapointed? Like THE MATRIX, TERMINATOR, SUPER-MAN, ALIEN, X-MENSPIDER-MAN, and of course, the other BATMAN saga.

Anyway, here are some other thoughts related to this over-hype.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 2:09pm
You mentioned The Matrix Vits. That's not a good comparison because only the first one was good.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 3:30pm
While I hated RELOADED as much as REVOLUTIONS, I talked on behalf of the world using the concensus (I haven't even seen some of the ones I mentioned). RELOADED's reviews were close to the first one.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 3:56pm
The movie's fans at RottenTomatoes have been acting atrocious today. I understand that they think it'll be great, but their behavior is f*cking immature. The RT staff ought to start using the BatHammer on the truly bad trolls...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Speaking of R.T. here's a LINK to check out how DARK KNIGHT RISES is doing with American film crix -- When I posted this (about 6pm/PST on Monday, July 16) it had risen to a 91% Positive rating, comparable to the 94% Positive numbers its predecessor enjoyed (LINK)...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 6:38pm
I agree about the fans at RT -- 3 rotten reviews so far, and they each got over 100 responses, most of them negative. One of those critics is Christy Lemire, considered the MILF of web film review programs.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The movie's fans at RottenTomatoes have been acting atrocious today. I understand that they think it'll be great, but their behavior is f*cking immature. The RT staff ought to start using the BatHammer on the truly bad trolls...

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 7:02pm
Here's my prediction:

It'll be better than Batman Begins (Top 40 Films of 2005, 11th), but is unlikely to match up to The Dark Knight (Top 40 Films of 2008, #1). With a solid 4 days to go until release, the reviews seem to be superb, but all negative reviews are getting rebuffed, which might indicate it'll be a little closer to perfect than the reviews say. Other than Following (1998), all of Christopher Nolan's films have been on my Top 40 Lists, and I'm sure The Dark Knight Rises will be no different. For now, I'm predicting it'll be in my Top 10, but not #1.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 10:48pm
A lot of people predict that this movie will do an 'LOTR: The Return of the King' and sweep the Oscars as part of a reward for all three movies. However, with various other competition on the horizon, I don't think it's gonna happen...

Also I've pre-booked to see this movie in IMAX.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry:  In the case of the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy, both previous films had been Best Picture nominees before the third and final entry was also nominated, so awarding RETURN OF THE KING Best Picture made sense -- clearly, Academy voters had admired the franchise all along. But the two previous Nolan/BATMAN movies have received little or no Academy attention (as well as little or none from us) so it is highly unlikely that DARK KNIGHT RISES will suddenly pop up as a "surprise darling" in either the Oscars or the RAZZIES®...  

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 11:42pm
I don't get the hatred toward the Matrix sequels. RELOADED is arguably better than the first, but REVOLUTIONS was a letdown, I admit. In fact, I think the first film is quite over-rated. In the third act, all the ideas are pushed aside to go with action sequence after action sequence -- It really brings down the film to being just your typical action flick.

Originally posted by Vits

While I hated RELOADED as much as REVOLUTIONS, I talked on behalf of the world using the concensus (I haven't even seen some of the ones I mentioned). RELOADED's reviews were close to the first one.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2012 at 10:37am
Here's Matt Atchity (Rotten Tomatoes' editor in chief) responding to the fans/trolls.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2012 at 1:16pm
Regarding Batman, Nolan's films are the only Batman films I've ever liked. I do not like any of the original Batman films.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2012 at 1:17pm
Wow, just WoW. This is the reason why I prefer to post on a site with a moderator, even if I get modded from time to time. I myself have gotten into ridiculous arguements with people on Youtube, and when the boxofficemojo forum closed, I didn't follow to IMDb. So many nutcases there who are out to spoil the fun for others, just because they can and don't have to take responsibility for their actions.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2012 at 2:32pm
I just bought my ticket for the midnight showing of this.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2012 at 10:47am
It turns out it's in between the first two quality-wise.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2012 at 11:19am
It turns out that the theater that I'm seeing this at tonight is completely sold out. Good thing I bought mine in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>