Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Info on ATLAS SHRUGGED: PART I
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FORUM Discussion of ATLAS SHRUGGED: PART ONE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FORUM Discussion of ATLAS SHRUGGED: PART ONE
    Posted: April 16 2011 at 7:28pm
Yeah, and let's not forget about when the movie is out on DVD. Believe you mean, someone like Cage isn't easily forgotten by Razzie voters.  

Originally posted by oiram

Considering the fact that the later stars Nicholas Cage, who has just been arrested for battery charge, by the way, I'm sure the Razzie voters will try there best to remember it.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2011 at 7:55pm
I have a feeling that the people who actually go to see this aren't going to admit that it sucked at any cost. We all know that no matter what retarded thing Rush Limbaugh spews out, his fans will defend him to the point of apoplexy. Same thing will happen here.  

Originally posted by Vheid

Saturnwatcher, It's funny that you mentioned Ebert, He just tweeted the following:

From all reports, its audiences love "Atlas Shrugged." I thought even Randians would find it a snorefest. http://bit.ly/hMsrB5

Film Reel, I highly doubt if both Atlas Shrugged and Season of the Witch will be remembered/noticed by Razzie-voters when voting begins. I could be wrong.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 8:30am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

We all know that no matter what retarded thing Rush Limbaugh spews out, his fans will defend him to the point of apoplexy.  
That's because Rush Limbaugh's fans are out of touch with reality and time. They still think it's 1951!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 2:44pm

I have a feeling that the people who actually go to see this aren't going to admit that it sucked at any cost.

You can look at the IMDB rating for this film. Despite the crappy reviews from critics, its rating is currently in the six range:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480239/

And over 80% of RT users liked the film:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/atlas_shrugged_part_i/

Shows you that there are a lot of people who will defend a film like this regardless of quality.

:sarcasm:
I mean, that would be the only reason I would watch a film, right? No need to care about the acting, dialogue or script. It's the film's message that counts!
:end sarcasm:

Either that, or some sort of astroturfing campaign is abound.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2011 at 9:08pm

I think that the only two reasons that this book was made into a planned trilogy is because it depicts a society similar to the way that Fox News, the Excellence In Butchering Network, and other right-winged nutjobs depict the U.S. under President Obama and because John Galt's motives are similar to those of the Tea Party.  If it's telling Americans to rise up against the government, it's a bad influence.  Hopefully, it won't make the rest of its $10M budget back.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2011 at 2:55pm
Let's do the bad news first. This movie did approximately $1.7 million its opening weekend, coming in 14th place on the box-office chart. That may not sound very impressive, but it only opened in 299 theaters and it actually had the 4th highest per screen average of any film in the top 50. The 3rd highest, not particularly surprisingly, was Scream 4. It was the only film in the top 10 that out performed Asshole Shrugged in terms of per screen average.  The top two only opened in 2 and 3 theaters respectively, so in a sense, this film actually did surprisingly well.

The good news is that probably just about everyone who wanted to see it already has done so. Figure it to drop significantly this week.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2011 at 4:14pm
The more I think about this film, I can only offer one note...Head Razz, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't nominate it for anything. I REALLY don't want to have to sit through it. Having to read that crappy book was more than bad enough.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 3:50pm
Not to get off-topic, Saturnwatcher, but were you able to see Nutcracker? If so, where, because I've been having a hell of a time trying to find it?!?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 7:54pm
Schumacherh8ter: Sorry, I can't help you. I also have not seen it yet.  

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 9:15pm
Damn. I've been looking for it because I've got a class on speech-giving and I've decided to do my final speech on the Razzie nominating ballot from last year. There are only two films left that I haven't seen that were on there, and Nutcracker is one of them. (The other is Gulliver's Travels, which I'm going to order-on-demand when Robot Chicken's done). 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 5:13am
I went and saw this on Sunday. A bunch of Randbots were in the theater acting like typically lobotomized Scientologists. It is truly one of the most unintentionally funny movies I've ever seen. Just imagine a big screen version of one of the worst TV shows ever made--Supertrain, and you get an idea of what's on screen here. 

But what was scary were the Randbots applauding at the end...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 9:22am
Wow compared with this cinematic equivalent of Nazi indoctrination, 20th Century Fox looks like Focus Features...  

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

You can look at the IMDB rating for this film. Despite the crappy reviews from critics, its rating is currently in the six range:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480239/

And over 80% of RT users liked the film:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/atlas_shrugged_part_i/

Shows you that there are a lot of people who will defend a film like this regardless of quality.

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 9:33pm
The least surprising thing about this movie is that Fox had a hand in it.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 11:06pm
Well that explains it then
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2011 at 12:32pm

Hahaha, Fox! Should they even be considered a entertainment company? I think they should be seen as just an extention of the Republican Party.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Hahaha, Fox! Should they even be considered a entertainment company? I think they should be seen as just an extention of the Republican Party.

Worst part is that it is owned by News Corporation, and News Corporation owns Fox News.
Pictures move, do they?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>