Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on BIG MOMMA: LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum DISCUSSION of BIG MOMMAS #3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum DISCUSSION of BIG MOMMAS #3
    Posted: May 13 2011 at 3:54pm
They're critics,aren't they?I only post the top critics reviews.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
navy blue View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote navy blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 9:08pm
I still remember my reaction at the first time watched a Big Momma movie. At the time I swore I would never ever watch one of these movies again. In fact, I stepped out of the theatre and never looked back. To me, the movie was totally flat. I won't watch any of this series ever again.

But for those who love Martin Lawrence (especially you, Big Momma' movie lovers), have a good time and enjoy  your movies anyway!
davidbatchelor View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidbatchelor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 2:24am
Yes, unfortunately, they really do make some really crappy movies. However, there must be some weird people out there who enjoy them!?!  

MichaelTaylor View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote MichaelTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 1:26am
I was not satisfied watching the movie. 
I don't want to watch it again. Angry

SundownCabinRentals View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SundownCabinRentals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 8:18am
I like Big Momma -- I thought it was funny when they were dressing him up and the white detective was so funny  Guess I have just been around in my younger years and saw women that acted like big Momma, and also Madea. I love her/him (Tyler Perry) as well!

I guess to each his own -- That is why we call them opinions. :=)

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 10:17am
Well, only one review after this, so I should look on the bright side.

The good:

Ha ha ha, typing anything would imply that there's something good about this movie.

The bad:

Portia Doubleday: Miss Doubleday has a reputation as an indie girl. Why the f*ck is she in this? I didn't care much for Youth In Revolt, but I'd rather watch that for 72 hours straight than this a single more time!

Ken Jeong: Man, other than The Hangover and Role Models has he ever had a major role in a good movie?

Why does this movie exist?: Seriously.

The ugly:

Martin Lawrence: Fact: Martin Lawrence has never been in a good movie. Is sitcom was "OK", but more people remember it for Lawrence's off-screen antics. The scene where he poses nude as Big Momma is scarier than Insidious, Scream 4, and Final Destination 5 combined!

Brendon T. Jackson: Remember how funny he was Tropic Thunder? Well forget that, because he's unwatchable in this. And WHY did he have to go in drag? I can kind of understand Lawrence because he's used to going under-cover as her. But, why did he have to get dressed-up? He could have been Big Momma's man-servent and there would be less scares.

The "Twister" scene: A scene of great majesty and loving detail show that with the right director and crew a movie could be near-perfect. I'm, of course, talking about the birth of the universe scene from Terrence Malick's The Tree Of Life. The "Twister" scene from this movie is the exact opposite: it's disgusting, fright-inducing, and an example of why film is near-dead.

The script: I'd like to apologize to Allan Loeb; he's never done anything this bad!

Well, there's my review of a movie with no reason to exist. I'd like to wish luck for Nia Long, who rightfully turned this down and is expecting her second child. Good for her. Grade: D

Next-up: THE WORST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!!!!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 10:35am
Wow!You couldn't even come up with the 3 good things.This must be really bad(not that I ever thought it wasn't).
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Brendon T. Jackson: WHY did he have to go in drag? I can kind of understand Lawrence because he's used to going under-cover as her. But, why did he have to get dressed-up? He could have been Big Momma's man-servent and there would be less scares.
I haven't seen this yet,but I'm guessing they wanted a twist to keep it fresh.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 9:22pm

Next-up: THE WORST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!!!!
I wonder what this mysterious worst movie of the year could be.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 6:43pm
I just saw it.

This one tried to mix it's appeal for adults like the first one and for kids like the second one,and it's an odd mix.This time,the spoken jokes are too weak and they can't take our minds away from how stupid the visual jokes are.And having TRENT in drag makes this movie different from the other 2,but also worse.You see,they double the cliches from "man in drag" movies,even from the ones that were already rip-offs.

It's more likely the 2nd one was made for money purposes only,but here it's very obvious.The plot was just thrown in together and the ending is so tightly happy we get like 10 plot holes...and there are 10 more from the rest of the movie.One in particular is the one we see in almost all of this "man in drag" comedies:TRENT as CHARMAINE says a girl is hot,and then babbles trying to take it back.Why can't the women they create be lesbians?Would it really affect the cover?

Lawrence is more uninspired than ever.While this is the first installment* for Jackson,he's as uninspired as Lawrence.But at least BIG MOMMA made me chuckle once or twice.As SchumacherH8ter,I tried looking for good things,and I thought of Jessica Lucas.Not because she's hot(she is)but because she gives a very charismatic performance and helps with the chemistry because her co-star doesn't try at all in that department.Oh,and there's more!The original songs are quite decent.And John Whitesell's directing,the editing and the make-up improved a lot since the last movie...although it doesn't mean they're good.

I give it 3/10.

*If there's a 4th one,it'll arrive in 2015.You know why?

Ken Jeong: Man, other than The Hangover and Role Models has he ever had a major role in a good movie?

The "Twister" scene from this movie is the exact opposite: it's disgusting, fright-inducing, and an example of why film is near-dead.
1)Seriously?It was just a cameo,and you thought it was bad?
2)Which scene are you talking about?
Lord Naseby View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 12:29am
They should have just left 'Guys in Drag comedies' with some Like it Hot. That is the best one by far. 
Lord Naseby read my reviews!

http://lordnasebyblog.blogspot.com/
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 9:37am
But then we wouldn't have TOOTSIE(9/10).
Lord Naseby View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 9:39am
Oh yes right, I forgot about that one good call...still, this stuff is stupid. 
Lord Naseby read my reviews!

http://lordnasebyblog.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123