Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on HOP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Discussion of HOP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Discussion of HOP
    Posted: April 01 2011 at 11:59am
Voice-over in a live-action movie, right? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: In Roseanne's case, yes, it was a "live-action movie." In Brand's case, the character he voices is animated, but the film itself combines live action with animation, so I guess it is slightly different...  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 2:34pm
OK.A lot of people don't know animated movies have been up for acting categories.I thought maybe you just forgot,which isn't a bad thing.Is hard to remember 30 years of history every second.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 10:18pm

12 hours after it opens, it's up to 24% at Rotten T. Who keeps writing all those positive reviews?

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2011 at 6:08am
Probably the positive review came from Armond White.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2011 at 10:49am
Come on! Some adults do enjoy kiddie humor, nothing wrong with that. And a lot of critics (most likely parents) say things like "It doesn't try to be art, it's a kids' movie so lighten up!" Obviously, that's wrong, since a good family movie would be one the whole family can enjoy.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2011 at 1:37pm
I'm not sure you can count a rabbit pooping out jelly beans and then Kaley Cuoco eating one of them as "kiddie humor" -- More like potty humor! 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2011 at 7:31pm

I concur. It's all otearai humor dressed up as rabbits, birdlings, and candy. And Vits, your last comment was the good one, because I can't conceive of whole families enjoying this!

I know that A Tail of Two Kitties got nominated for the 2006 awards, but Alvin & the Chipmunks didn't get a mention in the 2007 awards. Any chance HOP will?
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 11:07am
You mean unless they bring back Worst Excuse For Family Entertainment? It's hard because the "kiddie movies" released during the first half of the year are forgettable. Even FURRY VENGEANCE, which already is literally one of the worst reviewed of this decade, dogded the Razzie bullet...or bullets. For how many categories was it considered?  
rocketsfan05 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote rocketsfan05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 2:06pm
This movie insults the legacy of Easter more than The Passion! 
sh*tty movies are the opiate of the masses.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 11:48am
Should we be afraid that we live in a world where Russell Brand is the star of the top two grossing movies of this weekend? I think so!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 4:21pm
That's a little harsh. We should be afraid that we live in a world where Russell Brand is the star of the top two grossing movies of this weekend, even though they're both bad.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 6:05pm
I don't know, I just don't care for Brand. He's slightly better than Dane Cook, and that's no great accomplishment, in my opinion.
Razors View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 4:22pm
Terrible, even my nine year old son said there was no plot and nothing was believable! 
jasko5 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jasko5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 11:19am
Fortunately, we have other stars in our world besides Russell Brand. Smile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 10:08pm
Just watched it, one part really got me bothered was that SPOILER ALERT: Fred gets crowned as a Co-Easter Bunny alongside E.B. WTF!
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2011 at 2:08pm
I just saw it and gave it 3/10.

I don't think it should be up for anything other than Worst Family Movie if that comes back.I mean,it's bad but it fulfills every expectation.Brand is miscast but I wouldn't say he's bad,nor Mardsen.
Originally posted by jesse685

Just watched it, one part really got me bothered was that SPOILER ALERT: Fred gets crowned as a Co-Easter Bunny alongside E.B. WTF!
Aside from uninspired plots,what these movies have in common is doubtful messages.OK,so they both grew up and they fulfill their dreams,but only E.B. made a sacrifice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12