Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > X-PRESS YOURSELF...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FORUM DISCUSSION of OUR 2010 CHOICES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FORUM DISCUSSION of OUR 2010 CHOICES...
    Posted: February 08 2011 at 11:46am
HERE'S WHERE to GO to TOWN EXPRESSING YOURSELF ABOUT WHAT WE (OUR VOTING MEMBERS) PICKED as 2010's BERRY WORST ACHIEVEMENTS in FILM...  

IF YOU THINK YOU COULD MAKE BETTER (OR SHOULD THAT BE "WORSE"?) CHOICES for 2011, HERE's the LINK to BECOME a VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBER YOURSELF.  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 9:58pm
Aha! So most of my original guesses were right! "Last Fartbender" won no less than 5 nods and Kutcher and Alba finally got what was coming to them! I guess people REALLY hated "Sex and the City 2". Poor Miguel is going to have a fit when he sees "Twilight" got nothing.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Cybergirl View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cybergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 5:27am

I can't believe Twilight Saga: Eclipse is at no. 4 for Worst Picture. At least, it should be no.2 & no offense to Twi-hards. I'm just an ordinary girl not liking the books & adapted movies by Stephenie Meyer. I prefer sci-fi books and books based on true events/stories/lives.

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 5:55am
How come Sex in the City 2 won the award for Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Ripoff? Shouldn't The Last Airbender win, because that film was a live-action film remake of the original animated series, and it won the award for Worst Picture
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 9:07am
Probably because no voting members have actually watched the "Last Airbender" animated series. Many critics and fans alike thought the first "SATC" movie was perfect the way it was and didn't need a sequel, but of course, Sarah Jessica Parker had to milk the series for all it was worth because she can't find success in any other movie.  

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

How come Sex in the City 2 won the award for Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Ripoff? Shouldn't The Last Airbender win, because that film was a live-action film remake of the original animated series, and it won the award for Worst Picture 

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
callmedaddy View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote callmedaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 11:49am
Congratulations to this year's Razzie winners!  
LMAO at Sarah Jessica Parker and that cougar Kim Catrall! Bahahaha! So deserved. 
Same goes for Good Night Shyalamalaan. Very satisfying. 
Megan Fox is hot, but deserved to win, but SETC2 is fine with me. 
But Kutcher? His career is already over. What about Pattinson??!! He must be kept away from getting other roles ever!
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2011 at 12:57pm
Well I must admit I am completely (and pleasantly) surprised with the final results. I think. all in all, most of the voting members got over (or ignored) childish animosity and bitterness, and voted on merit, not popularity. 

Congratulations. and well done for holding true to the spirit of the awards, and showing some integrity.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2011 at 2:08pm
The "winners" for Worst Actor, Actress, Supporting Actress, Sequel, and Screen Ensemble were not what I wanted, but they were reasonable. But I was really dissapointed about the total lack of attention given Furry Vengeance...
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2011 at 2:15pm
I am very disapointed that Jonah Hex was completely ignored on the Final Ballot by Razzie voters.  

Oiram, who in the categories you mentioned above, did you think should have "won"?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2011 at 10:22pm
Worst Picture
The Last Airbender
Vampires Suck
Sex & the City 2 Instead I would've used: Killers
The Bounty Hunter
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Instead I would've used: Jonah Hex
Winner: The Last Airbender was the best choice. Jonah Hex would've been equally as good.

Worst Actor
I'd say you gave the RAZZIE perfectly. That's one less actor we have to worry about evading the RAZZIES for so long. But I wouldn't have given 2 of the 5 nominations to Twilight Eclipse.

Worst Actress
Sex & the City 2 for the 4 "Gal pals". Didn't Worst Ensemble Cast render this redundant, let alone this winning it?
The Bounty Hunter and The Switch for Jennifer Aniston. Why was The Switch included here if it was average while The Bounty Hunter was appallingly bad?
The Last Song for Miley Cyrus
Jonah Hex for Megan Fox. I'm surprised this didn't win.
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse for Kristin Stewart. I could've sworn she starred in 2 of our contenders this year...?
Winner: I definitely would've given this to Jonah Hex

Worst Supporting Actress
Little Fockers, Valentine's Day, The Killer Inside Me, and Machete for Jessica Alba. The former two were much worse. Why not just those two?
Burlesque for Cher. Instead I would've used: Furry Vengeance for Brooke Shields
The Last Airbender for Nicola Peltz
Sex & the City 2 for Liza Minnelli
Little Fockers for Barbra Streisand. Instead I would've used: When in Rome and You Again for Kristen Bell
Winner: Jessica Alba should've gotten it only for Fockers and Valentine's

Worst Director
The Last Airbender for M. Night Shyamalan
Vampires Suck for Seltzerberg
Sex & the City 2 for Michael Patrick King. Instead I would've used: My Soul to Take for Wes Craven.
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse for David Slade. Instead I would've used: Grown-Ups for Dennis Dugan.
The Expendables for Sylvester Stallone. You just couldn't let those two go, could you? What about Paul WS Anderson?
Winner: I can't decide if this was a good move, or if this should've been given to PWSA or Wes Craven.

Worst Screenplay
The Last Airbender
Little Fockers
Sex & the City 2
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. Instead I would've used: Furry Vengeance.
Vampires Suck

Worst 3D Eye Gouger
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
The Last Airbender
Saw VII 3D. Domo Arigato Gozaimasu. I really wanted SAW 7 to get at least 1 nomination, and it did. Thank you so much!
Nut Cracker 3D
Clash of the Titans [remake]. Instead I would've used: Resident Evil: Afterlife.
Winner: I would've personally given this to Afterlife or Saw 7.
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 4:07am
Worst Picture:
* The Last Airbender

* The Bounty Hunter
* Sex and the City 2
* The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
* Vampires Suck

Seriously guys, how in the hell can you vote "Airbender" as the worst? At least with "Airbender" there was a potential of it being good,  whilst "Vampires Suck" had none of that at all.
All this time I read you guys ripping on those two writers/directors (and I use that term very loosely) and they don't even win.

Worst Actor:
* Ashton Kutcher (Killers, Valentine's Day)

* Jack Black (Gulliver's Travels)
* Gerard Butler (The Bounty Hunter)
* Taylor Lautner (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Valentine's Day)
* Robert Pattinson (Remember Me, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

I give you this one chaps, of all the actors on here I would say he is the worst.

Worst Actress:
* Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon (Sex and the City 2)

* Jennifer Aniston (The Bounty Hunter, The Switch)
* Mylie Cyrus (The Last Song)
* Megan Fox (Jonah Hex)
* Kristen Stewart (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

Again you dropped the ball on this one, all that ripping on Megan Fox and for what...nothing.

Worst Supporting Actress:
* Jessica Alba (The Killer Inside Me, Little Fockers, Machete, Valentine's Day)

* Cher (Burlesque)
* Liza Minnelli (Sex and the City 2)
* Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender)
* Barbra Streisand (Little Fockers)

About time that so called actress? Had this done to her.

Worst Supporting Actor:
* Jackson Rathbone (The Last Airbender, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

* Billy Ray Cyrus (The Spy Next Door)
* George Lopez (Marmaduke, The Spy Next Door, Valentine's Day)
* Dev Patel (The Last Airbender)
* Rob Schneider (Grown Ups)

I will go with you on this one, he was/is the worst of the bunch.

Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3D:
* The Last Airbender

* Cats and Dogs 2: Revenge of Kitty Galore
* Clash of the Titans
* Nutcracker 3D
* Saw 3D

Dropped ball, Saw 3D should have had this, also what about "Resident Evil" or "Alice in Wonderland"?

Worst Screen Couple / Worst Screen Ensemble:
* The Entire Cast (Sex and the City 2)

* Jennifer Aniston, Gerard Butler (The Bounty Hunter)
* Josh Brolin's Face, Megan Fox's Accent (Jonah Hex)
* The Entire Cast (The Last Airbender)
* The Entire Cast (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

Got this one right, but "Twatlight" would have been ok too.

Worst Director:
* M. Night Shyamalan (The Last Airbender)

* Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Vampires Suck)
* Michael Patrick King (Sex and the City 2)
* David Slade (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)
* Sylvester Stallone (The Expendables)

Selterberg missed out on this, HOW!? HOW!? HOW!?
And guys, putting Stallone in there goes beyond a joke, that film did exactly what it was ment to do, just like all those 80's action movies so many of us like.

Worst Screenplay:
* M. Night Shyamalan (Last Airbender)

* John Hamburg, Larry Stuckey (Little Fockers)
* Michael Patrick King (Sex and the City 2)
* Melissa Rosenberg (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)
* Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer (Vampires Suck)

Do I eevn need to say that you screwed up here again, "Vampires Suck" wasn't even remotely funny and that is what a comedy is ment to be.

Worst Prequel, Remake Rip-off or Sequel:
* Sex and the City 2

* Clash of the Titans
* The Last Airbender
* The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
* Vampires Suck

Ok with this one, but "Vampires Suck" or "Twatlight" would have been ok with me.
I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 5:18am
My picks: 

Actor: Pattinson..........I know...... 

Actress: Fox 

Supporting Actress: Peltz 

Remake or Sequel and Screen Couple or Ensemble: Last Airbender  

Originally posted by Vheid

I am very disapointed that Jonah Hex was completely ignored on the Final Ballot by Razzie voters.  

Oiram, who in the categories you mentioned above, did you think should have "won"?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 7:13am
You just answered your own question. "Airbender" COULD have been good, but instead, it was a train wreck. And, as saturnwatcher has pointed out before, Razzie voters would rather vote for the movie that could have been good, but ended in epic fail, rather than vote for the movie they KNEW would be epic fail since the word go.  

Originally posted by DaveThePhotoGuy

Seriously guys, how in the hell can you vote "Airbender" as the worst? At least with "Airbender" there was a potential of it being good,  whilst "Vampires Suck" had none of that at all.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 7:19am
I know everyone is a little upset by "why didn't (insert movie title) get a single nod?". Yeah, I know, "Twilight 3" ruined the chances of more deserving movies getting nods instead, but let's face it folks, this year's awards were going to be all "Last Fartbender" the second that movie was released, so there wasn't much point in other movies getting nods because they weren't going to win anyway.

As for disappointing wins, I didn't like that "Sex And The City 2" won both Worst Ensemble and Worst Actress (for FOUR actresses). The whole point of the Worst Ensemble category was to get rid of "the entire leading cast wins the solo acting awards" result. Oh well, I just wanted to see "Fartbender" get 6 or 7 wins in total (Worst Remake as well, but clearly voters don't watch the animated series).
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 12:26am
I know I answered my own question, but I still can't believe "Vapmpires Suck Balls" didn't win. I have seen them both, and I would rather watch/buy "Last Airbender" than "Vampires Suck Balls." I can see "LAB" becoming a guilty pleasure in years to come, whilst "VSB" has no redeeming qualities at all.
I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 8:16am
Dave, Airbender already is a guilty pleasure movie of mine. I currently own the DVD.

My picks would have been:
Picture: Jonah Hex (I voted TLA to make sure that Eclipse didn't win)
Actor: A. Kutcher
Actress: M. Cyrus
Sup. Actor: D. Patel
Sup. Actress: N. Peltz
Cast: Airbender
Director: Seltzerberg
Screenplay: Jonah Hex (voted M. Night)
Sequel/Prequel: Airbender

I've also voted for all of these films/people. I also deliberatly didn't vote for Eclipse in any category because it didn't deserve a Razzie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>