Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on TRESPASS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Discussion of TRESPASS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Discussion of TRESPASS
    Posted: October 12 2011 at 11:17am
WANNA DISCUSS (and EXPRESS YOUR DISGUST WITH) TRESPASS (and the CURRENT TRAJECTORY of NICOLAS CAGE's SO-CALLED CAREER)??  HERE's the PLACE to DO SO...

OH, and IF YOU WANNA READ WHAT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZBERRY SEZ ABOUT THIS ONE, HERE's the LINK for THAT... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2011 at 11:20am
You know the existance of 'Oscar Baiter' movies? Well what we have here is a (as of this year, reccuring) case of a Razzie Baiter! 

You want this Razzie so bad, don't you Nic? Perhaps someone should make a documentary film of this case called 'Cagey Goes Down (Hill that is...)'!  
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2011 at 2:40pm
Yet another reason why Nic Cage should finally get his long overdue Worst Actor RAZZIE! When will his agent stop getting him into s**tty films?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2011 at 8:17am
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2011 at 2:32pm
Although I'm not the biggest fan of Nicolas Cage, you must admit when given the right idea for a film (and the right release) his films can bring in a crowd (regardless of what Critics think).  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Okay, five or ten years ago, you may have had a valid point -- But does anyone remember the last time Nicolas Cage was in a movie both audiences and critics liked??  Here's a B.O. MoJo LINK to see the the career stats on Cage. He hasn't exactly been burning up the screen the last few years...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2011 at 3:03pm
I may be wrong, but most of Cage's bad films seem to have been box office hits, while most of his good films have been flops. These includes SEASON OF THE WITCH, which doubled it's budget. I said "most" because there are exceptions. Like DRIVE ANGRY, which recovered half it's budget...even with the advantage* of being in 3-D. And considering the former had worse reviews than the latter, it means audiences haven't learned their lesson yet.

*Financial advantage,that is.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2011 at 3:03pm
Apparently, history's greatest monster thinks that Val Kilmer was the best Batman. Excuse me for a moment... 

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL 

While Kilmer isn't as bad a Batman as George Clooney, he's nowhere as good as Christian Bale, Michael Keaton, Kevin Conroy, Rino Romano,* Diedrich Badar, etc. 

Hell, Adam West was a better Batman!

Also, I'm damn glad that Trespass is getting the reviews that it deserves.

*He voiced Batman in the "just OK" animated series The Batman.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just this week I tried watching Schumacher's BATMAN FOREVER with my 15-year-old son (I had originally seen it when his mother was pregnant with him). We couldn't get past the first 20 minutes and, as we gave up and turned it off, my son said, "That was like a bad cartoon drawn by someone on acid!"  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2011 at 3:28pm
At least Schumacher said he admires Christopher Nolan.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2011 at 8:45am
Maybe when he retires, his son can be in charge of the Razzies?

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Just this week I tried watching Schumacher's BATMAN FOREVER with my 15-year-old son (I had originally seen it when his mother was pregnant with him). We couldn't get past the first 20 minutes and, as we gave up and turned it off, my son said, "That was like a bad cartoon drawn by someone on acid!"
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2011 at 11:57am

I've made the following assumptions about HeadRAZZBerry's 15 year old son: 

*Due to HeadRAZZ's age, he's probably the youngest. 

*Batman Forever was released in mid June 1995. He was born between October 1995 and April 1996.

*A year ago, most boys in that age range where I lived looked like they were born in 2001 or 2002. If kids around him have had limited sunlight exposure and don't eat heavily, many of his peers did as well. 

*Assuming the Wilsons live near Hollywood (he often holds the RAZZIES there), he probably has a slim or medium build due to coastal blue state culture. 

*If a deal can't be carved out to have at least one of HeadRAZZ's children co-run the GRAF, then due to longer life spans, it'll probably take until 204X until he can plan on being HeadRAZZ's successor.

...but I still don't know why any of his family don't at least have accounts here.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2011 at 1:53pm
R.T.(15%):"Another claustrophobic thriller that Joel Schumacher can churn out in his sleep.It's nasty and aggressive, more unpleasant than entertaining".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2011 at 2:15pm
Actually before his death, Batman's creator Bob Kane also said that Kilmer played the best Batman.

PS: Bale's Batman sucks!  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2011 at 2:22pm
Um...both of the National Treasure movies were huge hits, Knowing was a hit, Ghost Rider managed to double it's production  budget, and as it's already been pointed out Season of the Witch made back double it's budget oversees. Like I said, give him an interesting script and audiences will eat it up. Besides anyone clamoring for Cage's career to end up going direct-to-video is only kidding themselves -- He'd have to regularly combine poor reviews and bad box office (a-la Cuba Gooding Jr), before that would ever happen. 

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Okay, five or ten years ago, you may have had a valid point -- But does anyone remember the last time Nicolas Cage was in a movie both audiencesand critics liked??  Here's a B.O. MoJo LINK to see the the career stats on Cage. He hasn't exactly been burning up the screen the last few years...  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2011 at 2:49pm
I hope that by "interesting script",you don't mean "good",right?

Anyway,he can't be compared to Cuba Gooding Jr..We all know when he became famous,but it wasn't until SNOW DOGS in '02 that he got a lead role*.That movie did good financially,but it was bad.Then he made 3 movies in '03 which were box office and critical failures,and earned him a Worst Actor nomination.Then in '04 he was in HOME ON THE RANGE,which was animated,so it doesn't count(we're talking about if his star power can attract audiences).Then he made 2 movies in '06 which grossed 6 figure numbers each.In '07,he was in a movie that grossed a 5 figure number,and he was nominated for Worst Actor again for NORBIT(supporting role in a box office hit)and DADDY DAY CAMP(lead role in a box office flop).The last theatrical movie he was in was HAROLD in '08,which also grossed a 5 figure number.Bottom line:regardless of who's the best actor or who has more good movies in their resumes,Nicolas has the star power appeal,and Cuba doesn't didn't.

*He had been co-lead until then.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2011 at 4:32pm
Hey, both Cage and Cuba have won Oscars and have been (or were) making bad decisions. Of course, Gooding's gonna attempt a comeback with Red Tails.

Also Radio wasn't a flop (a lot of people really enjoy it). It grossed $53 million on a production budget of 35 million (hit nor miss, nothing spectacular). It's actually one of his more successful films as a leading actor.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2011 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Actually before his death, Batman's creator Bob Kane also said that Kilmer played the best Batman.

PS: Bale's Batman sucks!  

Actually, Bob Kane had very little to do with Batman. Sure he did come up with the idea of a man fighting crime named Batman, but go down to the link and see what he wanted him to look like. Looks like Aquaman, doesn't it!

If anything, Bill Finger is the "true" creater of Batman. He designed his iconic costume and created Bruce Wayne, Robin, and The Riddler. Link: http://www.cracked.com/article/97_7-iconic-characters-they-saved-from-cutting-room-floor_p2/ (Scroll down to number 1)
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>