Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on TRESPASS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Discussion of TRESPASS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Discussion of TRESPASS
    Posted: October 16 2011 at 3:53pm
Just Go with It AND Trespass: What's going on with Nicole Kidman's "career" this year???
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2011 at 9:28pm
Three last things about this film:

*Apparently, it grossed just over 18 grand, a microscopic sum for a film Nicole Kidman starred in. Then again, it only played in 10 theatres. One of them had to be in Los Angeles or NYC.

*This film wouldn't stand a chance of getting nominated had Nicolas Cage not also starred in Season of the Witch this past winter. It's nomination is equivalent to a congressional rider bill.

*This is the first time that 3 Worst New Movies of the Weak in a row have been limited releases.
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2011 at 10:08am
Nicole Kidman's movies have very rarely made any money in the U.S.

I also wish that HeadRAZZbery would stop acting like this film was given a big release, it wasn't, it was limited, so of course it wasn't going to get any money.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Exactly where/when did I "act like this film was given a big release"??  As I recall, I have repeatedly made the point that this film, top-lining two Oscar winners, was given such a minimal release -- and then did poorly even for a limited release -- should be a source of embarrassment to its makers. Here's a LINK to "My Take" on TRESPASS to read it for yourself. With Cage and Kidman in the lead roles, and Joel Schumacher at the helm, it's a reasonable guess that this film has to have cost about $35 million to produce (LINK) yet it ended its theatrical run (such as it was) with a total domestic gross of just $24,094 -- A major bomb by any measure.  

And its record-setting journey from big screen to small -- in a mere 18 days -- further supports my contention (and yours). 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2011 at 12:21pm
I dunno it just sounded like it from the way you wrote it up as the Worst of the Weak. Not to cause any outbursts or anything. Of course I read that the film was going to be released on DVD 2 weeks after it's release ,anyway.

Listen I know making that much is pathetic given the budget, but when the Studio clearly didn't have plans to have it be released in theaters for more than two weeks, there's not much else that can happen.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just so we're clear here -- The makers of TRESPASS hadn't originally intended it to play for a mere 2 weeks in just 10 theatres. Test screenings must have done so poorly that that was the best they could do with their $35 million picture. And, in one of the few wise moves the movie-makers made, they didn't reveal its fastest-ever-to-home-video schedule until after it played out in theatres...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 10:15am
Guess who else wants this to win a Razzie(skip to 1:45):

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 12:24pm
LOL
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 12:53pm
Only one (actually two) thing(s) stand in the way of Nicholas Cage getting Worst Actor...Adam Sandler in Jack And Jill... Dead
2013's WORST PIC-After Earth ACTOR-Jaden Smith & Johnny Depp ACTRESS-Lindsay Lohan! SUP ACTRESS--Kim Kardashian! SUP ACTOR-Chris Brown DIRECTOR--Good "Night"! SCREAMPLAY--The Lone Ranger.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 4:24pm

I've got around to seeing this.

The good:

It's short: It's only 98 minutes, which is still to long, but not so sadistically overlong that I give it an F.

The bad:

The script: This was written by Karl Gajdusek, who several episodes of Dead Like Me, a show I've never heard of before. The writing process probably went like this: "Wow, this pot is good! I wonder what's on? Panic Room, that's never been done before! I'll write that! Pot sure is good."

Cam Gigandet: With three strikes in a row, Gigandet really needs a Worst Supporting Actor nod.

Nicolas Cage: With three strikes in a row, Cage really needs a Worst Actor nod.

The ugly:

Jordana Spiro: Spiro was on My Boys, a show that I was aware of but have never seen. She's very annoying here as the token female in the home invader's group. And when I say very annoying, I mean VERY annoying! You'll cheer when she slams into the road sign!

Nicole Kidman: I can't say that this is her worst performance here, (Australia and Bewitched stand out more) but she's still pretty bad. Most of her performance consists of sitting on the floor while the home invaders man-handle her. Also, she screwed Gigandet's character in the past. What a girl!

Joel Schumacher: When someone is repeatedly criticized for something they usually either stop doing it (i.e. Bay moving the camera back so we could what's going on in Trannies Three) or aplogize for it. (i.e. JJ Abrams apologizing for all the lens flares in Star Trek) Schumacher has never apologized for his "music video" style directing habits. Several scenes have unneeded flashy cuts that wouldn't be out of place in a Michael Bay movie! At least Bay has the excuse of crawling out of the world of music video directors, Schumacher started out as a costume designer.*

I just watched Cars 2, which has a member-started forum here. To my surpirse, I actually enjoyed it, gave it a B, and I won't review it. Grade: D-

Next-up: Clash Of The Titans 2010! (No specific reason for reviewing it, just felt like it.)

*Schumacher did direct several music videos, but he didn't start there.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 4:47pm
Oh, no, no! If you can't make any more themed weeks or months, please continue reviewing whatever you want. Especially if it already has a forum here.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Next-up: Clash Of The Titans 2010! (No specific reason for reviewing it, just felt like it.)
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12