Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum member reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum member reviews
    Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:22am
Just in case, here's the theorist's profile. If you have an account, you can send him a p.m.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:08am
You're entitled to your opinions Vits, and I respect them, but at the same time know that I (and probably most other people) would have liked to have seen the survivors return home to their loved ones and/or live out the rest of their lives in peace of some sort.

And yes, I know they weren't dead the entire time. I think either Damon Lindelof or Carlton Cuse confirmed that personally.

Thanks for the answers/theories you and SchumacherH8ter have given me, even though we'll never know everything that happened for sure.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 6:45am
We already saw KATE and DESMOND being reunited with their loved ones the 1st time they left the Island; SAWYER and MILES don't really have any loved ones to see; RICHARD really has no loved ones to see (and he has left the Island before, so it's not a big deal to him); CLAIRE is so crazy it's better not to see her mother and AARON looking at her.
Originally posted by JacobD

At first people thought that the image of the crashed plane during the credits of the finale when it originally aired meant that they had been dead the whole series, which would not only have been an insulting cop-out but a total rip-off of The Sixth Sense.

I also meant to ask what happened with DHARMA after the end of the story, 'cause to me it didn't make any freaking sense.
1) Those are people who obviously didn't pay attention. Not only there's a lot of evidence that negated that theory, but there was an episode where HURLEY questioned whether it was all real.
2) BEN joined THE OTHERS and they killed all of the DHARMA people somewhere in the late '80s/early '90s.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 9:22pm
I also meant to ask what happened with DHARMA after the end of the story, 'cause to me it didn't make any freaking sense.

And doesn't it bother you at all that we don't know if the survivors who we had come to know and love as the series went on- EVER made it back home to their loved ones AFTER ALL THE sh*t THEY'D BEEN THROUGH THE ENTIRE SHOW!!?!??!????!?
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 9:18pm
About #1, exactly!!! At first people thought that the image of the crashed plane during the credits of the finale when it originally aired meant that they had been dead the whole series, which would not only have been an insulting cop-out but a total rip-off of The Sixth Sense. Even though it would have been better in terms of logic to kill them all in another plane crash it would have been FAR more emotionally fulfilling to see them, after everything they had been through the WHOLE FREAKING SERIES, make it back home to their loved ones. Or at least for the writers of the show to let it be so that the survivors could reunite w/ all their loved ones who weren't on the island in that church!

I am very glad to hear you agree Charles Widmore's death was anti-climactic and way over-hyped.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 6:52pm
My bad. The theory I was talking about didn't say "the most important people in one's life" but "the people that help you overcome your biggest life issues". Besides, JIN never met his daughter.

When I asked if they died, I meant did they die before making it back home? And did they even make it back home to begin with?!

And WTF was up with Dharma and Charles Widmore??!?! He just got shot and killed?!?! JUST--- like that??!@?!!!::!

And why did Michael's soul (and those others) stay on the island?!?!

why wasn't Linus reunited with his dead daughter who got shot (I think by Widmore)?!?!

1) There's no way to know. In a way it would've been better to die in another crash. That way, they wouldn't have to worry about explaining things.
2) What about DHARMA?
3) That wasn't a plot hole. It was a disatisfying way to kill of that character after over-hyping him as a great villain. His death was kind like CYCLOPS' in X-MEN PART 3, except he was evil.
4) MICHAEL explained it.
5) He didn't help her overcome her issues; he caused them.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 5:25pm
OOOOO-kay....... THANKS FOR EXPLAINING EVERYTHING SHUMACHERH8TER!!!!! NOW I REALIZE THE LOST FINALE MADE PERFECT SENSE AFTER ALL AND THAT THIS WHOLE ENTIE TIME I "JUST DIDN'T GET IT!!!!!!

Don't worry, it was friendly sarcasm.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 5:18pm
Michael wasn't there because Harold Perrineau asked for too much money.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 5:11pm
The bullsh*t "soul-mate" explanation, like you said, where the survivors souls created the purgatory in order to find each other. I hated how the show Lost (no pun at all intended) its nerve and completely sided with the "man of faith" over the "man of science." It pissed me off how they chose sides (didn't matter which one) because it felt like a cheap pseudo-spiritual cop-out of the dumbest order.

Like I said before, what difference did it make if they escaped the island but they never made it back home to their loved ones?! Don't tell me they actually had another plane crash!!! And definitely don't tell me that God of some higher being "destined" the f**king plane to crash!!!!!

Also, wouldn't Jin and Sun's daughter be the most important time of their lives seeing as how she was- oh I don't know.....THEIR OWN FREAKING DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!??!!?!

She was their kid man....... seriously I would have been more willing to accept (not buy, mind you) the purgatory explanation if the writers of the show had decided to let their loved ones back home be reunited w/ the survivors in the "sideways world."

When I asked if they died, I meant did they die before making it back home? And did they even make it back home to begin with?!

And WTF was up with Dharma and Charles Widmore??!?! He just got shot and killed?!?! JUST--- like that??!@?!!!::!

And why did Michael's soul (and those others) stay on the island?!?! Why was it just those characters?!?!? Because they were the main characters?! I hope that's not the case because if it was it would be inexcusably lazy writing IMHO.

I'm fine w/ ambiguity in storytelling, but the Lost finale left so many unanswered questions it couldn't help but feel like poorly plotted, overcomplicated, and emotionally manipulative writing in every most insulting way possible.

Oh, and if Jack's reunites with his father Christian as you yourself pointed out Vits, why wouldn't Jin and Sun be reunited with their daughter?! And why wasn't Linus reunited with his dead daughter who got shot (I think by Widmore)?!?!

Please respond guys, I would LOVE to hear what explanations you have.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 6:20am
I also consider LOST to be one of the best shows of all times. Halfway through I realized that a show where the premise is based completely on a mystery won't work because it'll be over-hyped and the answers will never satisfy. Unlike the LOST wannabes (FLASHFORWARD, THE EVENT, ALCATRAZ, etc.), LOST had compelling characters. While I found the explanation of the Flash-Sideways to be far-fetched, I was moved until the very last second because of what happened to the characters.

Like SchumacherH8ter said, the Flash-Sideways were a purgatory and the church was the door to Heaven (CHRISTIAN said this very clearly). However, there's not one purgatory. The characters' souls created it to find one another. I've read theories (based on Buddhism) that souls don't create purgatories to find their loved ones, but the ones that were with them during the most important times of their lives. That's why JIN & SUN's daughter wasn't in the church.

And how did they all die in the first place? And why didn't the Kwon's get to the afterlife as soon as they died, rather than having to wait all that time for everyone else to die?

And what happened w/ Jacob 'cause I know The Man In Black died? Why did Ben and Hurley have to become the island's protectors and not go back to living their normal lives? Does anyone OUTSIDE THE ISLAND ever even find out what happened to the passengers?

the "soul mate" explanation is pseudo-spiritual bullsh*t, so if you can give a better explanation, I'd really appreciate it, THANKS!!!

1) "How" doesn't matter. Everyone dies eventually. What matters is that the remaining ones completed their mission of saving the world. Remember: If something bad happens to the Island (like not pushing the buttons every 108 minutes), the whole world will be affected.
2) CHRISTIAN said that there's no "when" or "where" in that place.
3) JACOB would have his own purgatory. It's most likely that M.I.B. and their adoptive mother would be there too.
4) Someone has to guard the Island. And, like JACOB said, the Candidates were chosen because they didn't really have something to live for outside of the Island. BEN wasn't a Candidate, but he had already lived most of his life on the Island, so it wasn't a big deal to him. Besides, they can leave the Island whenever they want to (to take DESMOND back; to visit WALT) because, like BEN said, they don't have to follow JACOB's rules.
5) This is one thing that bothered me. I didn't need to know whether they made it back, but how would they explain everything? I mean, they went back with CLAIRE (they originally said she had died) and RICHARD (there wouldn't be a record of who he is).
6) What soul mate explanation?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Notice Linus doesn't go in because he feels he still feels he has to redeem himself.

Their friends back home weren't on the island. Except for Christian Shepard, who was already dead before the characters got on the island, only people from the island were in the church. And the Man In Black posed as Christian, which might explain why he's there.

1) I assumed it was because he still didn't feel like part of the group.
2) Actually, MICHAEL's soul (and maybe others we didn't see) stayed on the Island.
3) I'd like to point out that there were plot holes in regards to CHRISTIAN's appearances. Some of them couldn't have been M.I.B. in disguise.

JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 11:09pm
I concede that it was well-made on a TECHNICAL LEVEL, but whereas X-Files was always pretty nuts, Lost pissed me off more because it was more of a where-are-are-they-headed type show. Plus X-Files seemed self-satirical to me in how it treated conspiracy theories whereas Lost took itself completely seriously.

AND in the X-Files finale you know (or at least have a pretty solid idea) what happened to the characters. I don't recall it ever lapsing into WTF absurdity to the degree Lost did.

But we can agree to disagree, and have our own opinions!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 9:56pm
The Lost finale was confusing, but at least it was well-made. The X-Files final two seasons where meh-worthy at best. I recently finished binge-watching the whole series and towards the end I was actively dredding having to watch it as the series was winding down.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 9:53pm
Why didn't you like The X-Files finale? I thought it was pretty f**king ridiculous also (2012 Alien Invasion WTF) but I definitely didn't think it was even close to as infuriating as the Lost finale was!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 9:53pm
1.) Some fans have theorized that the child that Jack has in the sideways universe is actually the result of Jack sleeping with Kate before the finale. If it's true, then they did get back.

2.) Considering how Mr. Eko reunited with his child soldier friend after he died, there's a very good chance that their friends and families are already in Heaven.

3.) Since you're interested in watching the series, I won't reveal why since it would spoil the hell out of the series. I'll just say that there is NO build-up to it and contradicts several episodes, most notably Crossroads Part 2.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 9:44pm
I'd recommend the whole series. The finale may be dumb and there are some episodes I didn't like (The Woman King), but the series as a whole is great. It's not like The X-Files, where it completely crapped its pants at the end.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 9:42pm
What difference did it make though, if the survivors were off the island if they never made it back to their loved ones back home?!?!

I meant to say shouldn't they have gotten reunited w/ their friends back home in the church w/ the island's survivor's. Or do you think when they all entered heaven through the church doors then they were reunited w/ their friends and loved ones who weren't on the island?

Also, what exactly about the BG finale sucked so bad anyway? Was there at least closure for the characters and overall story in some way that satisfied in any way at all?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>