Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum member reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum member reviews
    Posted: July 25 2014 at 2:51pm
Shaq might even be a Razzie nominee for Worst Supporting Actor in Blended. He's not in the movie for very long, but man he's still annoying when he is on screen.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 8:45pm
I hate to break it to folks, but Will Smith's next project will be the Trayvon Martin story with his son Jaden in the starring role...

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/entertainment/jaden-smith-cast-as-trayvon-martin/
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 9:01pm
OMG... really? let's just hope this article is all false and made up to receive publicity.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 9:14pm
Please tell me that story links to an Onion article or a RickRoll?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 7:33pm
What blows my mind is that it looks like George Zimmerman is going to get some $$$$ out of this!

http://www.power1051fm.com/onair/dj-sussone-9560/dj-sussone-tfp-movies-news-jaden-12460021/

Spring 2015 is set to be an interesting movie year. Overbrook Entertainment, owned by James Lassiter and Will Smith, has decided to take on a new project that will be based on the life of George Zimmerman. In true Smith Family style, Jaden Smith is confirmed to be the lead role of Trayvon Martin. Wilmer Valderrama is the front-runner to play the role of George Zimmerman. They are rumored to begin production in the Fall of 2014.

Although many aren’t please about the attention being given to the tragic situation, Will Smith believes it’s a story that needs to be told.

“It’s obvious that he’s not America’s sweetheart right now but his story is intriguing and it needs to be heard. Hitler wasn’t popular. Does that mean his story is any less interesting? Of course not. Slave masters aren’t popular but 12 Years a Slave was phenomenal. Wait until you see the finished product and judge for yourself.”

Zimmerman is expected to get a pretty piece of change from the movie deal. He is rumored to expect about $3.2 million from Overbrook Entertainment for his role as a consultant.

Overbrook Entertainment is known for other projects such as: Hancock, ATL and Wild Wild West.

Read more: http://www.power1051fm.com/onair/dj-sussone-9560/dj-sussone-tfp-movies-news-jaden-12460021/#ixzz38uo58QV2
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 8:02pm
OK seriously, is this a real movie or an Onion article>
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 7:09am
I don't see any big articles taking the story as fact, so I'm going to say its not real.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 2:04pm
Hey SchumacherH8ter, I know you hate Batman and Robin but in what way was it a worse MADE movie than Superman 4: The Quest For Peace? Please Explain.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 6:04pm
Superman IV is hilariously bad. Batman And Robin is completely unwatchable. I'd rather re-watch someone funny bad instead of something just wretched.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 6:50pm
SUPERMAN PART IV was a failed but honest attempt at fixing what PART III (and SUPERGIRL) had "broken". BATMAN & ROBIN was a stylish but headache-inducing attempt at reversing the character to the 1960s campy version.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 2:14pm
Come on, Supergirl is one of the best "comedies" ever!
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 4:06pm
Moviecritic1994, I haven't seen Supergirl but it does look a lot like what you're describing.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 8:08pm
Time to review Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III, one of the worst sequels ever made. The first TMNT film was a pretty good action movie with great puppetry. The second one wasn't good, but it's enjoyable in a so bad it's good way. The puppets are arguably better than the ones in the first one thanks to an increased budget and it's one of the few times where I didn't want to smash a chair over Vanilla Ice's head. This one is a lazy, boring piece of crap that's looks way cheaper than it is.

The action scenes in this movie are decent. They're not as good as the action scenes in the previous films, but with a movie this bad you have to take any positive you can find.

Despite the action scenes being the only highlight, there's not a whole lot of them. I could understand this if the budget was low, but this had a higher budget than the first one, and that had more and better actions scenes. And also a Splinter puppet with a bottom, but I'll get to that in a minute. Paige Turco gives a bad performance as April O'Neil. She was decent in the second one, so she must have been bored with the role. There's also the weird scene where she sees a rat in ancient Japan and thinks that it's Splinter before his mutation. Rats don't live that long April! Another problem in the film is the main villain. The villain is Walker. His actor Stuart Wilson gives a crappy performance. He's a boring character and not threatening in any possible way. Also, what the f*ck was up with his death scene? He disappears before he hits the water!

The two biggest problems with the film are its puns and the puppetry. There's been puns in the previous TMNT films, but none of them were as dire or unfunny as the ones in this one. The infamous Addams Family joke is the one that most people are familiar with. For those that don't know, when the Turtles are about to get into a fight they say "Hey, you were expecting maybe, uhh, The Addams Family?" This joke makes no sense whatsoever. This might have made sense if the Turtles resembled the Addams Family in any way or the person they're saying it to was also a time traveler and a fan, but the person they say it to is in Feudal Japan. The only possible reason I can think for why this joke exists is because this film came out the same year as Addams Family Values. Another howler of a line is when a samurai is transported into the Turtles' lair and he thinks they're kappas. The Turtles respond by saying that they want a cappuccino. But the thing that really drags the film down is how friggin' cheap it looks. I already mentioned how crappy Walker's death looked, but there's other examples. 99% of the time whenever the Turtles or Splinter speak, their lips don't match up with the dialogue. The seams on the puppets are obvious. But worst of all is the Splinter puppet. They either didn't build a bottom or the bottom looked faker than Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding. It's probably the first one since the top half is awful looking too. He looks more like the gopher from Caddyshack than the Splinter from the first two!

So Grown Ups wasn't the first movie to look cheaper than it cost. Grade: F
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 8:26pm
Judith Hoag played APRIL in the 1st one.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Paige Turco gives a bad performance as April O'Neil. She was good in the first one and adequate in the second one.

I thought you were gonna say "Faker than Kim Kardashian's bottom".
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

They either didn't build a bottom or the bottom looked faker than Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 9:47pm
1.) Fixed that.

2.) I've seen her sex-tape and it's real.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 3:08pm
THE PIRATE MOVIE (1982)

The Pirate Movie is just so... crazy! Seriously, for more than half the movie it just seemed like the characters and plot points in it come so randomly to the point where I begin to assume there's no real plot. everything from the dialog, characters and storyline feels like improv. Eventually, everything and everyone in The Pirate Movie becomes legally insane. Before I begin this review, I must point out I have not seen "The Pirates of Penzance". So I can't make much of a comparison between the two musicals here. Besides I think it doesn't change the fact that this movie is just one stupid crazy mess.

Oh God, how am I going to describe this plot to you all? I really hate it when a movie does this to me! Mabel (Kristy McNichol) gets whisked away in a dream where she lives in a world where Pirates exist. She ends up falling in love with former pirate Frederick (Christopher Atkins). At the same time, The Pirate King (Ted Hamilton) has waged a war or something on this island where Mabel lives. Okay... if I describe this plot even more my head is going to start hurting from confusion. The Pirate Movie is filled with bag songs and a horrible Musical Score. A lot of the bad songs are sung by Atkins and McNichol. The Worst Song out of the bunch would actually have to be "Happy Endings". Man this song went on FOREVER! Even during the credits, I was begging the film to just end the song. Yeah the "Pumpin N Blowin" song is awful too but at least it was short! It's sort of like the "Call me Maybe" song by Carly Rae Jepsen: It's a bad song that is so catchy it gets stuck in your head and you keep wishing with all your might that it would go away.

I would have to say the most painful thing in this movie is the horrible attempts at comedy. Which is strange because The Pirate Movie at first had me laughing at the horrible acting done by Kristy McNichol and especially Christopher Atkins. Somehow, the movie knew I was having fun so it decided to be painful halfway through it's run time. And really that's the problem I have with The Pirate Movie. Not only is it unfocused, but it's a jumbled mess. Yeah it has a love story and a musical component, but it doesn't know what to do with these concepts. Everything feels so random because it probably is random. For instance, Mabel and Frederick hunt for treasure because it will bring wealth to Frederick. This leads to an awkward scene between The Pirate King and Mabel along with the WTF "Pumpin n' Blowin" musical number. Well the treasure plot point leads absolutely nowhere. Like I said, this movie is a freaking mess.

The only good thing that was driving The Pirate Movie in the first half was the unintentional humor that came from the awful acting. Yeah Kristy McNichol has her funny moments (" Pirates! You mean like walking the plank? Buried treasure? Hack, slash, off with his head, and the Jolly Richard, and everything"?) but man Christopher Atkins is still really funny when he tries to "Act". I could not take anything he said seriously for not even a single moment. And when you put McNichol and Atkins together it just makes sense they would make a great Bad Acting Couple together. Also at first, I was kind of liking the insanity of The Pirate Movie. Then it got too insane and it tried way too hard to be clever with it's humor.

Maybe if the film had more focus and had stayed on just unintentional hilarity, The Pirate Movie would've joined my collection of fun bad movies like "From Justin To Kelly" and "Body Of Evidence". But the second half of this movie is just too painful to sit through. The song "Happy Endings" feels endless, that last fight scene is both annoying and insulting, the acting is laughably awful, the dialogue is laughable, the story beyond insane and even the editing is a mess. Now, I'm going to try to get that "Pumpin n' Blowin" song out of my head.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>