Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on BUCKY LARSON
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' DISCUSSION of BUCKY LARSON...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' DISCUSSION of BUCKY LARSON...
    Posted: September 09 2011 at 7:55am
I just realized what this movie reminds me of: "Simple Jack" from "Tropic Thunder"! Yeah, it's almost like they took a cue from "Machete" and made a movie out of a fake movie from within a real movie! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: LARSON also looks like this year's equivalent of one of our 1995 Worst Picture nominees, IT'S PAT... 

"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
orly1971 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote orly1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 4:30pm

With this, Just Go With It and Jack & Jill, hopefully this is the beginnning of the end of Adam Sandler! 

SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 5:00pm
Given the fact he's been working in Hollywood for nearly 20 years now, even though he makes nothing but bad movies, Sandler may never go away!  

Originally posted by orly1971

Hopefully this is the beginnning of the end of Adam Sandler. With this, Just Go With It and Jack & Jill.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 7:53pm

At the moment this has a 0 ar RT! The number of reviews are in the double digits, so maybe this could be the first wide-release 0% movie in a while. The last one I can think of is Witless Protection. Of course, Armond White well, probably, give it a good review. He seems to like Sandler... except for Funny People which is one Sandler's few good movies.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 10:23pm
This is further proof that Adam Sandler's "humor" is just no good, but he seems to have a weird "I'm a moron who is successful, so you can be a successful moron, too" appeal to him. And without him in them, the movies he produces are totally unwatchable....  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

At the moment this has a 0 ar RT! The number of reviews are in the double digits, so maybe this could be the first wide-release 0% movie in a while.
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 10:25pm
I remember seeing the trailer to this ages ago. 

It is/was one of the few times I never laughed at all for an entire "comedy" trailer. 

Shame really, kinda like some of the movies Sandler's been in, and others he has just produced --
Examples: Grandma's Boy, Deuce Bigalow (and its sequel), Strange Wilderness, The Benchwarmers, Dickie Roberts:Former Child Star & Joe Dirt.  

Recently, though, he's reallly gone off the boil.
I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 8:39am
In the immortal words of Chuck Barris, "You got nowhere to go but up"...  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

At the moment this has a 0 ar RT! The number of reviews are in the double digits, so maybe this could be the first wide-release 0% movie in a while. The last one I can think of is Witless Protection. Of course, Armond White well, probably, give it a good review. He seems to like Sandler... except for Funny People which is one Sandler's few good movies.
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 12:21pm
Wow, twelfth place! That's gotta be a new record for disaster!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 12:50pm
See, this kind of backlash is what "Strange Wilderness" should have gotten, but didn't. Now it's payback time! Sandler must be stopped from giving his talentless friends crappy movies to star in, with storylines that only a total moron would find entertaining.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 1:02pm
I don't get it. I mean, a lot of Sandler's friends are unfunny, but at least they try! Yet with each new movie,Sandler gets closer to being a zombie, and at the same time, his movies make more and more money?!? 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 1:24pm
Again, it's Sandler himself. Don't ask me what is supposedly so appealing about him, but it seems some people just can't get enough of him. For the life of me, I can't understand it... 
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 8:25pm
Peter Dante - Worst Supporting Actor (if only for his performance in the commercials!!) I hope that counts!!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: What is your source for that idiotic guy in the BUCKY LARSON commercials being Dante -- Because I am actually considering listing him on our Nominating Ballot as Worst Supporting Actor for his hideous, laughing gas-bag of a performance in those TV ads...and/or maybe a special Governor's Trophy for Most Atrocious Ad Campaign?!?  

For those unclear as to what we're talking about, here's a LINK to see one of those horrible TV ads for BUCKY.  WARNING: Be sure to turn the sound down before you hit the link...  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 10:46am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to read a Yahoo Movies news article interviewing unlucky film-goers in Tennessee who'd just made the mistake of paying to see BUCKY LARSON...and even in Tennessee, the word-of-mouth is merciless!!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 3:20pm
As a lark, I looked up Peter Dante's IMDb page -- The picture they have of him looks A LOT like that annoying guy from the ads! Here's the LINK.   

Also, I feel really proud that movie-goers rejected this! Maybe, this'll make Sandler realize he has to put in effort to get money. Just Go With It may have been a huge hit*, but Zookeeper disappointed and I hope that movie-goers will reject Jack And Jill as well!

*and a huge sh*t!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 3:36pm
Not really. Someone from that interview said they would've liked the movie if Sandler had been the star, which can't happen because in order to play this character one has to do a voice...which is an effort that goes against his zombie mode.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 7:12pm
Keep in mind that people who go to Sandler movies and actually like them also go home and admire the black velvet paintings of Elvis on their trailer walls.  

And for the record, I championed the cause of Strange Wilderness on this board. Unfortunately, almost no one saw it. I may be one of a very small minority of people on this planet that actually suffered through both Strange Wilderness and A Sound of Thunder.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>