Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > AFTER EARTH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of AFTER EARTH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of AFTER EARTH
    Posted: June 06 2013 at 12:02pm
Will Smith says he doesn't want to do more blockbusters for a while. It's more likely that he chose that because of the dissapointing box office results of AFTER EARTH.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 7:08pm
Apparantly, some people are blaming the dismal box-office showing on the studio's failure to promote M. Night Shyamalan's involvement. Here's a pretty good debunking of this theory.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 9:17pm
I kind of feel bad for Will (but then, not really). But I do feel bad for Jaden in some way. This whole "Vanity Project" thing they've been doing isn't new -- it's happened before. I just wish this kid could maybe get his career going without his father's "help." After Earth didn't help either of their careers -- if anything, it's a major step backward.

Some people say the same thing about M. Night, but come on! I think he's past the "Point of No Return!"
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 6:10pm
Ernesto Garrat (2/5): "It's probably less bad than LADY IN THE WATER: It entertains and it's not a big disaster. There is some life after the self-inflicted apocalypse of Shyamalan, the BENJAMIN BUTTON of directors".

Leopoldo Muńoz (3/7): "The Smiths are quite good in their roles [...] The movie doesn't go very far in terms of action or drama".

Meanwhile, Mitch Hansch gave it a 1.5/5.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 11:28am
The Onion made another take that to a Razzie contender, this time After Earth.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 2:02pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Funny Onion item! I actually used to work at a movie theatre while I was attending UCLA, and the few times we literally had NO ONE in the theatre, it was company policy to run the film with the projector light-bulb off, so that if anyone did come in after it had supposedly started, the film would be in the place it should have been if we were actually projecting it. My specific memory is of standing in a pitch black theatre on the very last day we had the original THE OMEN, listening to the scene where the dogs attack Gregory Peck and David Warner in an ancient cemetery... a decidedly unique (and creepy!) experience!   

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2013 at 3:36am
I believe we must honor each of the Smiths for their rotten performances here. Vanity project? Yes, of course it is. Probably the ultimate vanity project is Zoolander, with Ben Stiller and his assorted relatives strewn throughout. 

This is only the latest lame-ass Will Smith movie. I'd say he needs another Razzie to add to his collection.

Fred Cooper
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 2:20am
Who deserves Razzie recognition for this disappointing science fiction movie? 

Worst Picture: Various parts of this movie contributed to its poor quality. 

Worst Actor: Jaden Smith. He was not convincing in the lead role. His "acting" involves mostly near-emotionless, facial expressions. Perhaps he took some acting "tips" from Kristen Stewart of 'Twilight' infamy. 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel: Humans evacuate Earth after wrecking it. This sounds like the plot line of 'W.A.L.L.-E'! 

Worst Director: M. Night Shyamalan. He has put together a disappointing movie. His most obvious fault in this movie is relying on Jaden Smith's mostly, emotionless "acting". Another major fault is the plodding pace. The movie's scenes veers wildly from very slow to very fast. 

Worst Screenplay: Gary Whitta and M. Night Shyamalan. The script is dull and uninteresting. On one hand the slow scenes have little materials to make the characters interesting. On the other hand the fast-paced scenes seem illogical. SPOILER ALERT!

The animals seem faster than Jaden Smith until they are very close to him. The animals act like they are following road rules. 

Worst Screen Couple: Jaden Smith and his "fear". As I said before Smith's acting is almost emotionless, especially when there is supposed to be fear on his face. 

Worst Screen Ensemble: Jaden Smith makes the cast look bad in this particular movie. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 7:54am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You forgot to mention Will Smith (aka Daddy FilmBucks) for Worst Supporting Actor. Given how little screen time he has, that's where he'd belong for his "performance," which I don't think we should let go "un-RAZZed." 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 8:32am
I'd rather have both Jaden and Will be jointly nominated for Worst Actor, it will leave us some more room in the Supporting Actor category, and I do remember Will's voice stiill being present some of the time.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 8:44am
I believe Will and Jaden should be nominated for Worst Screen Couple. I mean I know they are hardly together in the movie, but still it would be appropriate considering the fact that when they are together they show little to no father/son connection. Jaden will probably be nominated for Worst Actor and Will Worst Supporting Actor. It only makes sense to do so.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 8:50am
But what if someone deserving of a Worst Supporting Actor nom gets snubbed? Having both Jaden and Will jointly nominated for Worst Actor will save space in the long run.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 8:56am
How about if we just let Razzie voters decide?     

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Ditto! 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 2:41pm
R. Martín (2/7): "Everything is designed to showoff Jaden Smith, who has to keep this mastodon afloat. Too bad: He doesn't do so. It all ads up to a generic film that shows that, in the future, clichéd lines are a constant, and the most powerful weapon is an iron stick".
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 4:24pm
Point taken: Will Smith's accent in this movie sounds very forced and unnatural. Also, attempting an "international accent" seems to have reduced Will Smith's concentration on his acting. 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You forgot to mention Will Smith (aka Daddy FilmBucks) for Worst Supporting Actor. Given how little screen time he has, that's where he'd belong for his "performance," which I don't think we should let go "un-RAZZed."

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2013 at 10:18pm
luckily i skipped this piece of crapola
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>