Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > FREE BIRDS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of FREE BIRDS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of FREE BIRDS
    Posted: October 26 2013 at 12:09pm

THIS ONE HAS MORE RAZZIE® HANDLES THAN a TURKEY in the WILD HAS FEATHERS:

IT's from the INEXPLICABLY NOT RAZZIE -NOMINATED DIRECTOR of JONAH HEX... 

IT's ONE of the MOST BLATANT RIP-OFFS WE'VE SEEN in YEARS (GEE...WHAT CELLPHONE APP/GAME DO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE TRYING to KNOCK-OFF???)... 

ITS TRAILER LOOKS SO GENERIC THAT AUDIENCES WILL COMPLETELY FORGET the FILM the MOMENT the STUDIO LOGO for the NEXT TRAILER HITS the SCREEN...  

VIEWERSHIP NUMBERS for ITS VARIOUS TRAILERS on YOU-TUBE SUGGEST IT'S LIKELY to WIND UP BEING a "TURKEY" in a DIFFERENT WAY THAN ITS MAKERS INTENDED... 

...and IT'S SO OBNOXIOUSLY "PLAYING DOWN" to ITS JUVENILE TARGET AUDIENCE THAT EVEN SLOW 3-YEAR-OLDS SHOULD TAKE OFFENSE. 

BUT WHY SHOULD WE BE the ONLY ONE TAKING POT SHOTS (and SWINGING OUR AXES) at SUCH an OBVIOUS TURKEY-in-the-MAKING?  

NOW IT's YOUR TURN to GO AT IT!

TO ADD GRAVY to YER GRIPES, HERE's the LINK for OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on FREE BIRDS... 

...and to ADD a GIGGLE or TWO to YER GOBBLE-GOBBLE, HERE's the LINK to TAKE a GANDER at OUR FOTO FUNNY FOR IT.

NOW IT's TIME to PREHEAT YER OVENS... 

GET OUT YER BUTTER-BASTERS and...

ROAST THIS ONE ALIVE! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2013 at 12:41pm
This should've been called TURKEY MOVIE instead. No, really. Remember BEE MOVIE? It would've been more creative and self-aware.

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

IT's from the INEXPLICABLY NOT RAZZIE -NOMINATED DIRECTOR of JONAH HEX...

He also directed HORTON HEARS A WHO, the only well-reviewed Dr. Seuss movie. By the way, the script writers are David I. Stern (OPEN SEASON PARTS 2 & 3) and John J. Strauss (THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY; THE SANTA CLAUSE PARTS 2 & 3; THE LIZZIE MCGUIRE MOVIE; THE WILD).

IT FEATURES the VOICES of PAST RAZZIE® "WINNER" WOODY HARRELSON and 2013 WORST ACTOR CONTENDER OWEN WILSON...

It also has Amy Poehler, George Takei and Razzie repeat offender Dan Fogler

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For what does Fogler qualify as a RAZZIE Repeat Offender? Here's the LINK to Fogler's IMDb page, and he's never been nominated for any award, let alone one of ours... 

IT's ONE of the MOST BLATANT RIP-OFFS WE'VE SEEN in YEARS (GEE...WHAT CELLPHONE APP/GAME DO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE TRYING to KNOCK-OFF???)...

Isn't it kinda pointless, since an ANGRY BIRDS movie is on the works?  

Further RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: To you and I, ripping off ANGRY BIRDS when it already has a film in development does seem pointless, but to the types who currently run Hollywood, if you can beat the real thing into theatres, ripping off something else could be an easy, brainless way to maybe make a fast buck... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2013 at 1:41pm
Here's my write-up on this film, which I wrote before Head Razz posted this forum:  

SOME PEOPLE SAY THANKSGIVING IS AMERICA'S FORGOTTEN HOLIDAY. AS SOON AS HALLOWEEN ENDS, EVERYTHING CHRISTMAS-RELATED GOES UP ALL ACROSS THE WALLS OF EVERY CITY IN AMERICA. NO TIME FOR RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, BROWN, AND GOLD, IT'S STRAIGHT TO RED, GREEN, GOLD, AND SILVER! MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN THAT OTHERS NEVER EMBRACE THE THANKSGIVING SPIRIT ANYMORE.

IT'S NOT OFTEN THE FILM INDUSTRY MAKES A THANKSGIVING SPECIAL, AND FEW FAMOUS FILMS OF THE PAST ARE SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO TURKEY DAY. HERE COMES WHAT MAY BE THE FIRST 3D ANIMATED FILM TAILOR MADE FOR NOVEMBER'S BIGGEST FESTIVITY, FREE BIRDS!

WITH A CAST LED BY OWEN WILSON, WOODY HARRELSON, AMY POEHLER, AND GEORGE TAKEI, TWO RIVAL TURKEYS TAKE EACH OTHER BACKWARDS THROUGH TIME TO THE 1600S IN ORDER TO STORM THE FIRST THANKSGIVING AND SAVE THEMSELVES AND THE NEXT 4 CENTURIES OR SO WORTH OF THEIR ASCENDANTS FROM THE DINNER TABLE.

IN DEVELOPMENT FOR NEARLY HALF A DECADE, IT WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED FOR NEXT AUTUMN, BUT WHEN MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN GOT PUSHED BACK, THEY PULLED IT FORWARD TO THIS FALL, ON ALL HALLOW'S DAY (THE DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN). SUCH A GENERIC TITLE AS ITS BETA NAME "TURKEYS" WOULDN'T HAVE CAUGHT ANYONE'S ATTENTION, AND IT WAS EVENTUALLY RENAMED "FREE BIRDS", WHATEVER FIGURE OF SPEECH THAT IS.

OWEN WILSON IS ALREADY ON OUR RADARS FOR THE INTERNSHIP, AND AMY POEHLER HAS A LONG HISTORY WITH BAD CGI ANIMATION, SUCH AS THE ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS SERIES, AND THE SHUDDER-INDUCING HOODWINKED TOO! HOOD VS EVIL. BUT I SHOULDN'T BE THE ONLY ONE INVOLVED IN THIS TURKEY SHOOT! TAKE YOUR CHANCE TO SLAUGHTER AND BAG THIS TURKEY OF A TURKEY DAY FILM BELOW!

FREE BIRDS, YOU SAY? NOT FREE FROM THE RASPBERRY FIELDS OF BAD FILMS ON MY WATCH! THE SUPPOSED HEROES ARE TURKEYS! THE FILM IS A TURKEY! EVERYTHING IS A TURKEY BECAUSE SOME 3D ANIMATION SCRIPTS, EFFECTS, ETC JUST DON'T WORK!
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2013 at 2:12pm
I should mention again, which do you think will end up being worse? This movie, or Escape From Planet Earth?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2013 at 2:43pm
Well, at least this movie has an original premise. ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH would've been a rip-off even 20 years ago.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2013 at 5:57am
I know Fogler's never been nominated for a Razzie. That's why I said "repeat offender" instead of "past nominee".

He was in not just 1 but 2 bad movies in 2007 (GOOD LUCK CHUCK and BALLS OF FURY), and then again in 2011 (MARS NEEDS MOMS and TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT), which is why some suggested him to be nominated in those years. Add that to critical failures like SCHOOLS FOR SCOUNDRELS and LOVE HAPPENS. On the plus side, this year he was in the well-reviewed EUROPA REPORT.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I coined the term "RAZZIE® Repeat Offender" to use in our press releases, specifically to refer to anyone who's been a RAZZIE® nominee more than once. Your use of it in reference to Fogler (who has admittedly made many a bad movie but never been a nominee for our awards) is thus inappropriate... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2013 at 3:30pm
Oh. I've always thought the term was for people who've never been nominated but got close to. It's odd that we're talking about this now after me (and some others) have used it that away for years.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 5:36am
Okay, how about Planes. Is that going to end up being worse out of the three of them?

Originally posted by Vits

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Well, at least this movie has an original premise. ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH would've been a rip-off even 20 years ago.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 3:36pm
PLANES was a direct-to-DVD movie that got a theatrical release. That already puts it in a different level of quality.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 5:12pm
In "honor" of the release of this film, I'll review Jimmy Hayward's previous film Jonah Hex tomorrow.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
 Post Reply Post Reply