Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GETAWAY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of GETAWAY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of GETAWAY
    Posted: August 28 2013 at 4:10pm

IT STARS FORMER JUSTIN BIEBER MAIN SQUEEZE SELENA GOMEZ in a "DRAMATIC" ROLE (SEE TRAILER ABOVE)... 

...and (AS of WED. AUG. 28th) IT HAD a PERFECT ZERO RATING at ROTTEN TOMATOES.

NEED WE SAY MORE?  

HERE's WHERE to EXPRESS HOW MUCH YOU'D LIKE to "GET AWAY" from MOVIES LIKE GETAWAY...  

JUST for FUN, HERE's the LINK to OUR FOTO FUNNY for THIS FILM... 

...and HERE's the LINK to the FORUM INFO PAGE ON IT.

GENTLEMEN (and LADIES)
START YOUR RAZZing!!   

* P.S. Thanks to Oiram for Providing the YouTube/Trailer LINK Above... 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2013 at 4:26pm
Despite being another generic movie, Getaway looks like an actual Razzie contender. I mean yeah Paranoia looks awful but seriously who's going to go see it? Anyway, Getaway might get a few Razzie nominations for acting, in particular Selena Gomez for Worst Actress. Which is a shame because I heard she did pretty good in Spring Breakers.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2013 at 4:26pm
Coming from the director of #22 on the Bottom 40 Films of '000, Dungeons & Dragons, Courtney Solomon, my intuition told me that if I kept watching over the Tomatometer, it would eventually get panned by critics. It needs to get 7 more rotten reviews before getting a fresh one to underpass Grown-Ups 2, and 40 more rotten reviews before it can get 1 fresh to put it below Paranoia. Even then, take all the wide releases from the middle third of this year, and RAZZIE heir-apparent Grown-Ups 2 is still one of the three least approved of. And knowing how Dungeons & Dragons is often considered one of the worst films ever, Getaway could get unanimously negative reviews.

Selena Gomez, though, had only been in one of my Bottom 40ers in the past (#19 worst film of '003, Spy Kids 3D: Game Over. Next year, she stars in the comedy Behaving Badly, which went through two beta names ("Feed the Dog" and "Parental Guidance Suggested"), but it's not a drama, so it probably won't be as bad. She'll also be in the musical adaptation Rudderless some time next year. If she wants to ever succeed in a dramatic role, she has a long way to go!

UPDATE: As of 00:05 on my clock (going into Ags. 29), it's 0 for 15 on the Tomatometer. And its Metascore is 21% based on the first 7 reviews, just one percent higher than A Haunted House.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2013 at 4:26pm
I would not bash Selena Gomez too much. You gotta admit, reality wise, she is an angel compared to Miley Cyrus.

I am surprised you even knew about the whole Gomez-Bieber thing, HeadRAZZ. I did not think that would be something you would even pay attention to.

Anyways, we also have Ethan Hawke, who may or may not be considered Worst Actor for this, but with competition including people like Jaden Smith and Adam Sandler, it'll be tough.

We also have five time Razzie nominated Jon Voight as the villain, and it seemed like the marketing is trying to make his appearance in the film a surprise (Except for the most recent trailer), but most major film buffs can recognize what Mr. Voight looks and sounds like a mile away.

Then there is the crew that put this turd together. It is directed by the guy that gave us the bad An American Haunting and the so terrible I am shocked that it is not a Razzie nominated movie, Dungeons & Dragons. And the writers? Pure newbies.

Lets not forget that people see hints of The Getaway (Steve McQueen film) in this movie.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2013 at 4:35pm
One more thing, am I the only one that thinks Jon Voight is "The Older Nicolas Cage"? (Yeah, having him play Cage's father in the National Treasure movies make more sense now).  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2013 at 6:09pm
Yes, moviecritic, Gomez was pretty good in Spring Breakers. This movie right here looks bad.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2013 at 7:15pm
Do you think Jon Voight is "The Older Nicolas Cage" physically? Or is it because their careers are similar?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 4:20am
Their careers.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 2:07pm
At 42 reviews, it is still at 0%.

Funny enough, though, Kam Williams originally gave the film a more fresh rating, but later changed it to a rotten.

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 6:35pm
Vits: 

Just a reminder == LINKS to online reviews can now be put under the film's official "Reviews" page (LINK for GETAWAY Reviews).
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by jesse685

@Vits:

Just remember that most of the reviews are now put under the film's official "Reviews" page.

That page is locked. That's why I (and others) still post them here and let HeadRAZZ move them. Thanks for the heads up anyway.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 9:41pm
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Vits -- Thanks for sticking to what used to be "the rules," but as of JOBS, I finally stopped "locking" the page(s) listing reviews, so Members can now post links directly -- Here's that LINK for GETAWAY again.... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 10:58am
This article says that they believe Getaway will win a Razzie.

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2014 at 12:21pm
We all watched this movie at this year's Pre-Vue Night... wow it's so bad. Instead of a plot, we are stuck in a racecar with a grumpy Ethan Hawke and even worse Selena Gomez doesn't know how to shut up. Still, we all had a great time singing the Speed Racer theme song
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2014 at 12:35pm
Another Pop TURD you mean

I have seen this and although it wasn't so bad and I kinda respected Selena for going that Harmony Korine flick her acting here is beyond horrible, so yeah I'm looking forward her razzie nom tomorrow. With Sofia, Jlo, Salma and Selena (along with the entire cast of Machete Kills including Lady Gaga, Danny Trejo, Demián Bichir and "Carlos Estévez" -Charlie Sheen-) this year's razzie awards are going to have a berry latin flavour  
 Post Reply Post Reply